If I could improve Walt Disney World....

Villains0501

I believe a Villain's reform, so to speak, should take place at Disney World.

1. Villains should get the line back that they had at the Toontown Judge's Tent.

2. Villains should get back the Character Meal they had at 1900 Park Faire.

3. All non-Villains merchandise (i.e. Pirates of the Caribbean and Nightmare Before Christmas) should be removed from the Villains in Vogue store at Disney Hollywood Studios.

4. The Villains should have their own float in each of the Disney World parades.

5. New, open edition Disney Villain pins should be released every year. The last three times I've gone to Disney World, all in seperate years, the only Villain pins I've seen are those nice but old bejewelled Villain pins.

6. The MNSSHP Villain's float should be different from the one in the Celebrate a Dream Come True Parade shown earlier that day.

7. More emphasis should be put on the Fantasmic meet and greet in the Magic of Disney Animation building.

8. More attractions based on the Disney Villains should be present in most of the Disney World theme parks.

9. The Villains Exhibit in the Hollywood Studios Backlot Tour should be expanded.

10. New Villain characters should be added to the meet and greet lineup (i.e. Queen Narissa from 'Enchanted' and Captain Barbossa from 'Pirates of the Caribbean')

11. The Disney Villains should have a presence in every Magic Kingdom Castle Forecourt Stage Show.

Well that is it for me....for now!

ScorpionX

Disney's Hollywood Studios - along with EPCOT, DHS will become a school "The Walt Disney Academy Art". Where the instructors will be actual Hollywood movie directors and actors and people from the industry. How will that be possible? DHS is also now a working studio once more where movies and television shows will once again be made. Also returning is WDAS' Florida Satellite Studio.

Disney's Hollywood Hotel - a gorgeous art deco hotel right at the entrance of DHS.

=hollywood boulevard=
*Disney's Hollywood Parade
*Graumann's Chinese Theater
*The Great Movie Ride
*Cinemagic!

=production backlot=
*Armageddon: Special Effects Spectacular
*The Disney Hollywood Studios Backlot Tour
*Makin' Movies Movie Set Adventure - play area
*The Wizard Of Oz - dark ride

=tv Land=
*Hollywood Speedway - ride famous movie and TV cars across famous LA landmarks.
*Television Revolution - A TV version of Cinemagic featuring Neil Patrick Harris
*The American Idol Experience
*Whose Line Is It Anyway? - a live improv show
*Indiana Jones Epic Stunt Spectacular

=sci-fi city=
*Star Tours
*Star Wars Rogue Squadron - choose between the rebellion and the empire and board your own TIE or X-Wing Fighter and prepare to fight in real time.
*Alien Encounter - with the Alien from Ridley Scott
*Godzilla Defense Society Training Academy

=streets of america backlot=
*Lights, Motors, Action! Extreme Stunt Show
*Godzilla Attacks!
*Streets of America Building Facades

=animation courtyard=
*The Magic of Disney Animation
*Animagic!
*Playhouse Disney Live!

=toon studios=
*Roger Rabbit's Coaster Rabbit
*Baby Hermann's Toon Studios Tour - dark ride
*Toontown Trolley

=pixar place=
-Toy Story Mania
-Monsters Inc. Ride and Go Seek!
-The Edna Mode Style Show - Think Turtle Talk but with Edna as an Oprah type figure.

=sunset boulevard=
*Rock 'N Roller Coaster
*Transylvannia Theater - theatrical roller coaster.
*The Twilight Zone Tower of Terror
*Hollywood Hills Amphitheater
- Aida
- The Hunchback of Notre Dame

=nighttime entertainment=
*Lights, Camera, Dreams! (A live broadway musical performed right on Hollywood blvd)
*Hollywood Stars! Fireworks Extravaganza
*LuminAria: A Night of Movie Memories

-Special Events
-Walt Disney World Festival of Music
-Hollywood Musical Studios
-Grad Night at the Hollywood Studios
-Wicked Studios
-Wicked: The Story of the Witches of Oz
-Walt Disney World Holidays
-Remember: Holiday Magic (Fireworks Show)
-Osborne Family Festival of Lights

What happened to Fantasmic!?
:veryconfu

stitchcastle

Original Poster
But how would Spectro fit in Epcot?

It will run, not in World Showcase but in Futureworld. The sets and costumes for Spectro look unique enough that it looks somewhat futuristic. Future World also looks very different now with a very art noveau mentality to the design, it's also bigger with an entire second level where the Walt Disney University is located. Theme park in the first level, university is in the second, bridges and walkways all above make it retain the massive outdoor feel.

stitchcastle

Original Poster
so I have some free time and a bunch of new ideas for this project...

Wonders of Life - at Epcot's Future World, The pavillion will be re-imagined and tied into the Disney University's College of Medicine. The interior of the pavillion will sport a much more futuristic theme filled with personal experiences about the wonders of the human body and medicine. The main attraction will be an updated version of Body Wars which will feature a large circular imax screen.

Sitcom Superstar Theater - at Disney's Hollywood Studios, this will replace the Indiana Jones Stunt Spectacular and will showcase the students of the Walt Disney Academy of the Arts as they star in their own version of classic multi-camera sitcom episodes filmed in front of a live audience, the guests. Of course guests don't just get to watch, they also get to be part of the experience as guests are randomly selected to play bit parts in the episodes. The lucky guests will also receive a special dvd of the episode they participate in.

Marvel Superhero City - taking over DHS' Streets of America Backlot will be the heroes of Marvel comics. I'll elaborate on these later but the new attractions will include the now classic Spider-Man ride from Universal, A Fantastic Four dinner theater located in the actual tower where the Fantastic Four live, and the Xavier Institute Mansion where guests will temporarily become mutants and be trained within the famous Danger Room. The two older attractions like Lights Motors Action and Godzilla Attacks will remain.

Oceana - coming soon to Disney's Animal Kingdom is an entirely new gate located directly in front of the original park. Techincally part of the over-all DAK but accessible as it's own park, Oceana will focus on the animals of the oceans and seas. Featuring the concepts from the originally planned Long Beach DisneySea.

Disney's World of Color - taking over the massive Mediterranean Harbor lagoon at Port Disney will be DCA's World of Color water show.

The Magic Kingdom will receive some minor upgrades including the return of the Mike Fink Keel boats to the Rivers of America and a doubling of the Riverboat's capacity by adding a new Ship: The Admiral Joe Fowler II. This will soon be needed as the two riverboats will then help ferry guests to an upcoming new land in the Magic Kingdom.

I'll have drawings of the new attractions and details about the new lands soon, here's a little spoiler, the new MK land will be best viewed at night.

figmntal95

Stitch,

Have you noticed that some of your old ideas have subsequently ended up in the parks? I'm talking about The Monsters Inc thing, American Idol, and the Tinkerbell fairies. And didn't you have a Harry Potter area idea? :lol:

Really coincidental... :lookaroun

stitchcastle

Original Poster
Stitch,

Have you noticed that some of your old ideas have subsequently ended up in the parks? I'm talking about The Monsters Inc thing, American Idol, and the Tinkerbell fairies. And didn't you have a Harry Potter area idea? :lol:

Really coincidental... :lookaroun

yeah it's weird, but pretty cool, it's a nice sort of validation. my own Harry Potter area wasn't exactly as elaborate as the one they ended up making and didn't have as much rides, plus it was connected MK via actual train which thought would have made for a really dramatic entrance.

The American Idol one completely took me by surprise and I was really giddy about that. Especially since a lot of people seemed to not like it when i first talked about it.

I'd love to see it happen more, especially Port Disney popping up beside the Magic Kingdom

figmntal95

yeah it's weird, but pretty cool, it's a nice sort of validation. my own Harry Potter area wasn't exactly as elaborate as the one they ended up making and didn't have as much rides, plus it was connected MK via actual train which thought would have made for a really dramatic entrance.

The American Idol one completely took me by surprise and I was really giddy about that. Especially since a lot of people seemed to not like it when i first talked about it.

I'd love to see it happen more, especially Port Disney popping up beside the Magic Kingdom

Some of your ideas would be perfect... that E show for Pixar Place.

stitchcastle

Original Poster
hey, just jotting down random ideas...

A Doctor Who experience for the Magic Kingdom.

The Doctor has laid down clues for a huge mystery through out time and space that you yourself must help solve before time runs out!

This adventure that involves fantastic visual effects and live actors, including the Doctor himself will take select guests on an adventure that spans all of the Magic Kingdom, fighting Cybermen in a hidden section of the Tomorrowland transit authority, battling Vampires with Abraham Lincoln in the Hall of Presidents, Outsmarting the Weeping Angels of Tom Sawyer Island, Captured by Silurians in the Jungle Cruise, Finding Experiment 626 and defeating the Daleks as you help the Doctor save the universe from exploding.

The show's climax will look a lot like this: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lDwkTyyvNfw

After all is said and done, The Doctor rewards you with a ride in the TARDIS itself, with a trip to the future where we get to be a part of the first ever Space flight (a ride on Space Mountain).

comics101

Marvel Superhero City - taking over DHS' Streets of America Backlot will be the heroes of Marvel comics. I'll elaborate on these later but the new attractions will include the now classic Spider-Man ride from Universal, A Fantastic Four dinner theater located in the actual tower where the Fantastic Four live, and the Xavier Institute Mansion where guests will temporarily become mutants and be trained within the famous Danger Room. The two older attractions like Lights Motors Action and Godzilla Attacks will remain.

For starters, I just wanna say that every idea and design you come up with is awesome, but I'm kinda thinking it may be better to make Marvel Superhero City a sub-land to the SoA Backlot, especially if Godzilla and LMA will be remaining in the land...idk. haha I suppose it isn't really that big a deal, but I kinda think it's sad seeing NY and SanFran streets gone hahaha and considering that Marvel won't be the only prescence in the land...haha idk.

stitchcastle

Original Poster
For starters, I just wanna say that every idea and design you come up with is awesome, but I'm kinda thinking it may be better to make Marvel Superhero City a sub-land to the SoA Backlot, especially if Godzilla and LMA will be remaining in the land...idk. haha I suppose it isn't really that big a deal, but I kinda think it's sad seeing NY and SanFran streets gone hahaha and considering that Marvel won't be the only prescence in the land...haha idk.

that's true. It would make more sense to make it more of a sub-section to SoA. I still need to figure out how to make them all come together visually, there needs to be a good weenie to the area so that guests won't just be lost in city streets. I thought about making a sort of Time's Square area to be the central hub for SoA that way each Marvel attraction could be housed in themed buildings around it like The Daily Bugle for the Spider-Man ride, the Baxter Building for the Fantastic 4 restaurant and so forth...

comics101

that's true. It would make more sense to make it more of a sub-section to SoA. I still need to figure out how to make them all come together visually, there needs to be a good weenie to the area so that guests won't just be lost in city streets. I thought about making a sort of Time's Square area to be the central hub for SoA that way each Marvel attraction could be housed in themed buildings around it like The Daily Bugle for the Spider-Man ride, the Baxter Building for the Fantastic 4 restaurant and so forth...

hmm...that's interesting. I kinda like that actually. And like, the video screen could show news footage of different heros or villians...a couple of billboards advertising new Marvel films/comics that will be coming out, etc. That could work. So like, instead of Times Square, you could have something like, "Superhero Square"...if you wanted to get creative with the name, maybe you could pay homage to Stan Lee and call it "Stan Lee Square" or something like that...

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom