If I could improve Walt Disney World....

H2Opolo15

StitchCastle I must say that after reading thru the first 10 pages of this conversation I must commend you on some simply amazing ideas and drawings. You really have a talent. I noticed you were 18 at the time this thread started and it's been going ever since. So I have to ask, are you working for Disney now or have you been in contact with anyone at any point over the past 5 years?

S.E.A.

so D23 is about to start and since stitchcastle posted ideas that actually happened in the parks like that Monsters Inc. thing or American Idol or fantasyland forest taking away toontown fair, which of his ideas is gonna be next for wdw?

S.E.A.

So I was watching this :http://www./2012/03/disney-dreams-debuts-at-disneyland-paris-perfecting-nighttime-spectacles-from-theme-parks-worldwide/ and I thought the concept looked very familiar, and then I remembered this (check out the drawing):

Sorry about not being able to post the maps, I got kidnapped and went on an impromptu Universal vacation (Portofino looks like a less-themed version of Hotel MiraCosta but still very very pretty and that room key doubling as an express pass? oh my heck it's god sent!) so I wasn't able to make the maps :D and to add insult to injury I'm kind of sick right now, i think i have a fever. anyway enough excuses.

Since I wasn't able to make the maps I'll post a slightly detailed description of the "soft" version of MK's Kingdom of Dreams fireworks show. Because it is a preview version, there will be elements from the show that will be cut and modified when the real show premieres.

Kingdom of Dreams - Preview edition

Segment 1 - A Dream is a Wish Your Heart Makes....
- narrated by Cinderella, MK's premiere princess, the show kicks off witha fabulous light show by both the castle and the CInderellabration arches lining the hub. She then explains how dreams are what starts the wondrous things that happen in the world. and that every dream starts with a secret "Wish"
- We then hear the familiar little girl singing the Wishes theme song set to a shot of Cinderella Castle's tallest spire glittering with a big "star" on top (no fireworks yet)
- A star shoots to the sky as a choir begins to sing "A Dream is A Wish Your Heart Makes" set to shootings stars in between lines. (a highlight of this segment is the appearance of a fireworks formed like a rainbow during the line "...your rainbow will come smiling through")

Segment 2 - Dreams of Stars
-This segment begins with familiar disney voices wishing and dreaming their deepest desires. with each dream, a bright star appears above the castle and hovers there for the entire segment, by the time the voices stop, the sky is filled with stars.
-As the character wishes are played, the hub island is suddenly ambushed by water screen projections of the characters wishing.
-Then out of the castle comes Tinkerbell flying down past the people the same way she did in the previous fireworks show.

Segment 3 - Dreams of Celebration
-We hear voices of people...no wait...fellow guests! and they are all wishing for some fun and happiness all the while the bright star shines once again on the castle's tallest spire.
-The entire hub darkens for a few seconds until the Cinderellabration arches light up in multi colored strobe lights synchronized to the exit music of "Fantasmic!"
-Fireworks then shoot up from behind the castle as the music turns into "Topsy Turvy" from the Hunchback of Notre Damme illuminating the entire hub with dazzling festive colors.
-We then hear "Be Our Guest" from Beauty and the Beast as more and more fireworks erupt along with what seems to be the scent of Apple Pie all the while fountains dance along the music. the segment ends with the song's high note.

Segment 4 - Dreams of Adventure
-We hear the guests' wishes again this time kids wanting to go on adventures and swordfights.
-We hear familiar drums slowly getting louder and faster when a giant firework shell erupts right above us. it is the beggining to "Illuminations: Reflections of Earth"
-Fire then erupts around the hub and Tarzan's "Two Worlds" set the tone for the new segment.
-fireworks light up the sky as the "Marahute Suite" from the Rescuers Down Under gives the segment a heart tugging end.

Segment 5 - Dreams of Romance
- We hear Cinderella again as she leads a chorus of female guests wshing for love and romance.
-The arch lights light up again to the tune of a piano and violin version of the Cinderella theme. the entire hub including the castle is then filled with images of hearts and roses.
-An orchestral version of Snow White's "One Love" sets a sudden shift from the rose colored aura of the previous song to a golden glow on the castle and the arches.
-The fountains around the hub island, in a beautiful blue-to-pink-to-blue-to-pink glow, then waltz to the tune of "Once Upon a Dream" from Sleeping Beauty.
-And finally, in homage to the original Wishes, the hub island is surrounded by shooting tailed fireworks set to "Beauty and the Beast"

Segment 6 - Underwater Dreams the first to be deleted from the show.
-The hub darkens once more and we see Marlin and Dory projected on the castle going to the flashing "star" on the tallest spire.
-The star flashes all of a sudden as we hear the the "Little Mermaid suite" (the one with the fish going back to the "fathoms below") as lasers similar to the ones used in the MGM Mermaid show, engulf the hub and mainstreet making it feel like it is descending underwater.
-Fireworks then play to a medley of Little Mermaid jingles. (If you remember the opening song from the Little Mermaid TV show, this is something greatly similar to that)

Segment 7 - Dreams of the World
-We hear dreams and wishes of people wanting to go to far off places and see the world.
-We then witness the scene where Aladdin takes Jasmine on a Magic Carpet ride projected on the castle. As the speed off and the intro music begins, the mist screen fountains around the hub are turned on and we see Aladdin sing "A Whole New World" as he goes around the hub.
-The trees around the hub suddenly light up in a sort of firefly effect as Pocahontas tells us that "You think you own whatever land you land on..." and thus begins the song "Colors of the Wind" set to dancing foutains and a projection of leaves dancing on the wind over the castle.
-Red sparks then erupt around the hub as Shang from Mulan tells us to "Let's get down to business..." red fireworks are the theme for this chinese segment where the song "I'll MAke a Man Out of you" sets the tone.
-The segment ends with a colorful parade of shells launched behind the castle int he form of kites and other colorful things as Mary Poppins' "Let's Go Fly A Kite" crescendoes around the hub.

Segment 8 - Fantasmic Climax

-We hear the fantasmic theme once more as the entire hub lights up in what seems to be a powerful ending to the show, with shells going off everywhere and fountains rising high into the sky.

Segment 9 - Kingdom of Dreams Eternal

-Just as the hub quiets down, about 10 seconds later, We then hear a collage of different guests' wishes forming the same 'hovering' stars as the character Wishes (if you're lucky your voice is one of them)
-Suddenly, Tinkerbell comes from the right side of the sky and and sprinkles "pixie dust" all over the castle which then turns a bright shine of sparkling gold.
-Projected sparkles then climb to the tallest spire that flashes brightly to reveal Sorcerer Mickey commanding the fireworks to return and illuminate the kingdom.
-the hub is once again covered with sparkling golden fireworks shooting from all around as the fountains dance and the arches strobe.
-All this set to a medley of Wishes, Fantasmic, Illuminations, Spectro Magic, When you Wish Upon a Star and ADIAWYHM.
-strobing sparkles remain on the castle and the arches after the show is over.
-The show ends with Mickey suddenly appearing on the Castle stage telling us to "Just Keep Dreaming"

kod.jpg

Sorry for the rather muddled drawing I am a bit ill tonight :D it's a concept sketch of the finale.

please reply :)

comics101

So I was watching this :http://www./2012/03/disney-dreams-debuts-at-disneyland-paris-perfecting-nighttime-spectacles-from-theme-parks-worldwide/ and I thought the concept looked very familiar, and then I remembered this (check out the drawing):

This is happening waaaay too often to be coincidental :lol: That's awesome!

p.s. I really, really miss this thread lol

mharrington

I have something I would like to add to the new Storybook Circus subsection of Fantasyland, something based on still another aborted Disneyland concept. It's called "Mickey's Fun House" and it's based on Mickey's Mad House, one of the many, many abandoned concepts for Disneyland. It would have been part of the abandoned Dumbo's Circusland back in 1976. According to Davelandblog: "Dumbo's Circusland [was to feature] 'Mickey's Madhouse' - essentially a wild mouse roller coaster in a dark ride environment, set in the world of early black-and-white Mickey Mouse cartoons (think of the former Mulholland Madness at Disney California Adventure, but indoors, with no clear view of where the track ahead was going)." Wikipedia simply says, "A funhouse adventure featuring clowns and such." But of course, Dumbo's Circusland never came to be, thanks to it being part of Discovery Bay, based on "The Island At the Top of the World", a movie which just plain flopped at the box office.

But now, Storybook Circus is being added as part of WDW's Magic Kingdom (in the spot that used to be Mickey's Toontown Fair), which may be as close a thing to Dumbo's Circusland as we're going to get. Anyway, I think to compensate for the loss of Toontown Fair (and the loss of an opportunity to build Goofy's Motor Mania, a ride I thought of in the style of Mr. Toad/Roger Rabbit), I think we should add Mickey's Madhouse to Storybook Circus. Here's a couple pieces of concept art of the ride in question: http://davelandweb.com/d23/images/neverwas/D23_UDC_Mickey1.jpg, http://davelandweb.com/d23/images/neverwas/D23_UDC_Mickey2.jpg.

Actually, this idea of Mickey's Madhouse is a kind of plan B for another idea I had, which is another version of Toontown, its own thread subject, by the way (http://forums.wdwmagic.com/showthread.php?t=832483). Anyway, my idea for Mickey's Madhouse would be more of a general dark ride. This version will remove the coaster aspect, for two reasons: first, there is a wild mouse coaster at the Animal Kingdom (Primeval Whirl); and second, there will be several new coasters added to the Magic Kingdom already (okay, one new one will be added, but still...). This new version of the ride will improve on the Mickey cartoon aspect by not just doing black and white Mickey shorts, but also some color ones; it will basically be about Mickey in the 1930s. Anyone have any ideas?

comics101

True, but I believe that's just a m&g right? Easily replaceable, and for all we know it could very well be a placeholder for another attraction awaiting $$$

mharrington

True, but I believe that's just a m&g right? Easily replaceable, and for all we know it could very well be a placeholder for another attraction awaiting $$$

Well, maybe so, but if rumors are any indication, this may or may not be an ideal opportunity to meet the Great Donaldo, who may or may not be Donald. If we were to get rid of the meet-n-greet area, where would, say, Donald be able to do meet-n-greets?

MA Screamin'

I have something I would like to add to the new Storybook Circus subsection of Fantasyland, something based on still another aborted Disneyland concept. It's called "Mickey's Fun House" and it's based on Mickey's Mad House, one of the many, many abandoned concepts for Disneyland. It would have been part of the abandoned Dumbo's Circusland back in 1976. According to Davelandblog: "Dumbo's Circusland [was to feature] 'Mickey's Madhouse' - essentially a wild mouse roller coaster in a dark ride environment, set in the world of early black-and-white Mickey Mouse cartoons (think of the former Mulholland Madness at Disney California Adventure, but indoors, with no clear view of where the track ahead was going)." Wikipedia simply says, "A funhouse adventure featuring clowns and such." But of course, Dumbo's Circusland never came to be, thanks to it being part of Discovery Bay, based on "The Island At the Top of the World", a movie which just plain flopped at the box office.

But now, Storybook Circus is being added as part of WDW's Magic Kingdom (in the spot that used to be Mickey's Toontown Fair), which may be as close a thing to Dumbo's Circusland as we're going to get. Anyway, I think to compensate for the loss of Toontown Fair (and the loss of an opportunity to build Goofy's Motor Mania, a ride I thought of in the style of Mr. Toad/Roger Rabbit), I think we should add Mickey's Madhouse to Storybook Circus. Here's a couple pieces of concept art of the ride in question: http://davelandweb.com/d23/images/neverwas/D23_UDC_Mickey1.jpg, http://davelandweb.com/d23/images/neverwas/D23_UDC_Mickey2.jpg.

Actually, this idea of Mickey's Madhouse is a kind of plan B for another idea I had, which is another version of Toontown, its own thread subject, by the way (http://forums.wdwmagic.com/showthread.php?t=832483). Anyway, my idea for Mickey's Madhouse would be more of a general dark ride. This version will remove the coaster aspect, for two reasons: first, there is a wild mouse coaster at the Animal Kingdom (Primeval Whirl); and second, there will be several new coasters added to the Magic Kingdom already (okay, one new one will be added, but still...). This new version of the ride will improve on the Mickey cartoon aspect by not just doing black and white Mickey shorts, but also some color ones; it will basically be about Mickey in the 1930s. Anyone have any ideas?

For my idea, I'd say it be a dark-ride, like you said, based on the classic Mickey-Pete, with Mickey jumping in and out of the shorts, beating Pete everytime, with the last being a big Fantasmic-like event with the cartoon sounds (BOOM!, SPLAT!, RING!, etc.) ringing.

mharrington

For my idea, I'd say it be a dark-ride, like you said, based on the classic Mickey-Pete, with Mickey jumping in and out of the shorts, beating Pete everytime, with the last being a big Fantasmic-like event with the cartoon sounds (BOOM!, SPLAT!, RING!, etc.) ringing.

I'm not sure how I feel about that. It sounds too heavy on the shorts aspect and too light on the "Mad/Fun House" aspect.

mharrington

What do you mean by "madhouse"? Circus? Craziness? (No offense in anyway.)

I'm not entirely sure myself, because details are very murky. I only thought of this as a way of making up for the loss of Toontown Fair and continue to give classic Disney shorts a presence in the park.

MA Screamin'

OH! How about (if we're getting rid of PhiliarMagic, or move it to DHS, because the theme's similar) like Mickey's filiming his new movie at his new studios, and Goofy spills some "Paint" (Epic Mickey) and the toons/shorts (Steamboat Willie, Inside the Mirror, a little Epic Mickey, like Oswald, Gus, a-less-involved Shadowblot and Mad Doctor,etc, Fantasia, etc.) come to live! He calls his nephews, and the rest of the gang, to haul them back to the studios. Bringing up my other idea, for the finale, with a spark (literary :lol:) and LED spectacular, Mickey puts on the Sorcerer's hat and uses his magic to bring Fantasia back to the studio! IF you don't like or it wasn't want you were thinking, or even if you do, I want to secure my rights on this, anyonme can use it, just give credit. :)

mharrington

OH! How about (if we're getting rid of PhiliarMagic, or move it to DHS, because the theme's similar) like Mickey's filiming his new movie at his new studios, and Goofy spills some "Paint" (Epic Mickey) and the toons/shorts (Steamboat Willie, Inside the Mirror, a little Epic Mickey, like Oswald, Gus, a-less-involved Shadowblot and Mad Doctor,etc, Fantasia, etc.) come to live! He calls his nephews, and the rest of the gang, to haul them back to the studios. Bringing up my other idea, for the finale, with a spark (literary :lol:) and LED spectacular, Mickey puts on the Sorcerer's hat and uses his magic to bring Fantasia back to the studio! IF you don't like or it wasn't want you were thinking, or even if you do, I want to secure my rights on this, anyonme can use it, just give credit. :)

No, that was not what I was thinking, sorry. PhilhaMagic is remaining.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom