Trip Report If At First You Don't Succeed...*COMPLETED*

Well we're trying again.

Easter week at WDW.

Not my favorite week to visit but when your travel buddy is a teacher, you make the sacrifice. Except this year it doesn't feel like a sacrifice. The loss of our Easter 2020 vacation (thanks to COVID) was harder than I expected. I’m excited to have the chance for a do-over!

Of course the plans we had in 2020 aren't the same for 2021. We'll have no Fastpasses to skip the long lines. There will be no turkey sammie for lunch at Be Our Guest or All-American Sundae from the Plaza Ice Cream Parlor. No fireworks to conclude our Disney days. And we'll be staying at a different resort.

But that's all okay....there's still fun to be had! And thanks to the credit we received from last year's cancellation, most of our trip is already paid.

I have to give David's Vacation Club Rentals props. Eighteen months ago I'd signed a "no refunds" contract for our 2020 points rental, figuring it was a low-risk gamble. When the pandemic happened and WDW closed, we considered our monies lost ~ disappointing for sure, but understanding that was the result of the risk we took. After all, David's is a business which would also lose money from this pandemic. Legally they did not have to do anything for us. Yet I received a travel voucher for the full amount we paid.

I hope to report live on the adventures of Tuvalu and Em beginning next Sunday. Time will tell if I succeed. ;)

3D585BEC-14E4-4156-9423-5BCD6271BEF2.jpeg

(Must have been a Callan photo shoot. :hilarious:)

Tuvalu

Premium Member
Original Poster
We soon learn why the promenade is not too busy.

Everyone is in line for Frozen Ever After. The end of the line is in China! :jawdrop:

4AA24817-7FEA-4E20-A906-640B4035F3A5.jpeg

18A1985C-F1F0-457E-8AF7-6FDFE154DC52.jpeg

While we had considered FEA earlier, now it’s a great big NOPE.

Perhaps we’ll visit the Three Caballeros in Mexico instead.

But not on the boat ride....there’s a line just to get into the pavilion!

FB73EB73-7C7F-4C62-AAF6-5342BD7D73C6.jpeg

Saying hello to them here works just as well.

DB0AABF8-08C5-40EF-984F-E1DFC11D7AD6.jpeg

Tuvalu

Premium Member
Original Poster
We had skipped Soarin’ after the Farm Ride because the wait was an hour.

“Let’s check again before we leave the park,” I’d said. “I’m sure it won’t be that long later.”

WRONG.

We like Soarin’. But not enough to wait an hour.

So we say goodbye to Flower And Garden. For now.

3F7AAEC6-E7DB-4448-8939-029E28B6FBC7.jpeg

Tuvalu

Premium Member
Original Poster
We have returned to the Poly. We haven’t been in the lobby yet this trip so we go inside the Great Ceremonial House to check it out.

Tiki man looks the same.

996FC405-775B-44E9-AC98-23AF18398B01.jpeg

The front doors are covered up but will open in an emergency. And Guest Relations (far left) is still staffed.

30983D9C-87F5-418A-AF99-BC3CF293F07F.jpeg

We venture into the Boutiki gift store and I see it.

THE LAMP!

IT’S FOR SALE!

IT’S....

17D789FE-4232-40C0-96C7-A45EBBF37D48.jpeg

THREE HUNDRED DOLLARS?!!!!!

Tiki lamp remains in Boutiki.

Tuvalu

Premium Member
Original Poster
@Tuvalu your responses to others and the GIFs you find are some of the best things about your reports! You make me smile every day! :joyfull:
bashful snow white and the seven dwarves GIF

I just read all your updates from the beginning of your live TR and have enjoyed following along as usual!!! You ladies have so much fun together which reminds me of when I travel with my daughter too! All Star refurbishment looked so nice although the food court set up seems like a nightmare at peak times. Love that you're back at the Poly as I know how much you enjoy your stays there. We drove over there in February for a visit to the gift shop when we stayed at BLT and couldn't get over all the construction going on around the resort. I do look forward to a future DVC stay there once it's all completed. Even with the crowds throughout the parks, you really accomplished so much! We tend to look at the lines that seem to go on forever and just shake our heads and say no thanks but it seems like the lines moved along pretty quickly! I love that you got to go through CHH for PP as that's our favorite CS restaurant in MK and we are missing it so much on our trips. We would always grab a table in the side room that overlooks the PP attraction line. Glad the weather has been so nice for you and you're enjoying your pool time too! Can't wait to hear more about your trip! 🥰
Food What GIF by Robert E Blackmon

ajrwdwgirl

Premium Member

Tuvalu

Premium Member
Original Poster
Bowls or boxes-good. Plates-nope for me either. You can’t mix up the dressing on a salad in a plate!
You know I try to eat healthy when we go down. But, sometimes I find the salads are not that good. So I eat something not so healthy but it tastes better. 🤣 A never-ending food dilemma. 🤷🏻‍♀️
I had salad troubles today too. Chick-fil-A left the crispy peppers out of my bag! That is my fave part.

diet dieting GIF by Bobbi DeCarlo

Woodywrkr

Crowds around the lagoon not too bad.

View attachment 546280

Since we had already explored the countries from Canada to America on prior days, we keep walking until we get to Italy.

There are lots of pretty flowers here!

View attachment 546281

View attachment 546282

Em wants her dad to create this display in her yard.

View attachment 546283

Woody responds exactly as we expect. “All it takes is time and money.”

Neither of which we have enough of. 😔

However this scene makes us smile!

View attachment 546284
I will have the yard done by the time you get home!

Woodywrkr

We have returned to the Poly. We haven’t been in the lobby yet this trip so we go inside the Great Ceremonial House to check it out.

Tiki man looks the same.

View attachment 546303

The front doors are covered up but will open in an emergency. And Guest Relations (far left) is still staffed.

View attachment 546300

THE LAMP!

IT’S FOR SALE!

IT’S....

View attachment 546301

That would look great in my office ...

Songbird76

We decided to cancel tonight’s dinner ADR @ajrwdwgirl. We reviewed the menu and just weren’t feeling it.

Em came up with a better idea.

View attachment 546274

I’ll let you decide which half of the tray is whose.

I bet @Captain Barbossa knows.

View attachment 546277

View attachment 546279
Everything was fantastic and definitely made up for my lackluster lunch.
Where was your ADR that you weren't feeling?

I'm guessing yours in on the left and Em's on the right. Normally, I'd expect you to go for the Turkey, but I was thinking in past TRs, you liked the ham and cheese thing even better than their turkey?

Songbird76

Tiki man looks the same.

View attachment 546303

View attachment 546300

THE LAMP!

IT’S FOR SALE!

IT’S....

View attachment 546301

$300

No Way GIF by The Late Show With Stephen Colbert

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom