Idea for World Showcase

Lhriangel

Original Poster
Okay I love the UK Pavillion but I think it's a pity that there is very little other than shopping and the Beatles to see. Well the shopping is great and I love the atmosphere but don't you think they could do something else besides that?

Sitting in my Celtic Mythology class I actually came up with some ideas. If you take the Irish and Welsh Mythology you can create some great storylines for new rides and even movies. Okay so yes you would need to do a clean up like they did with Hercules but other than that there is some GREAT material that Disney could play with.

Am I crazy?

Chad

No, you're not crazy. I Love the Idea! There's the entire millenium village right behind UK, and that is plenty of room for an attraction. Any particular thing you have in mind? Just be careful with the 'toning down', World Showcase is supposed to be truthful, not watered down. It would ruin the dignity of the showcase if you 'custom made' a tale for the UK. Any ride system you have in mind?

Lhriangel

Original Poster
I think that "The Dream of Oengus" would work very well. *if you want to know the storyline ask me*. I'm not sure about ride systems (don't know much about that) but I think there is a possibility for a good dark ride because the story is very fairytalish. I want to think more about this idea but I can't till the 14th cause I have midterms and papers and a calc diagnois test tomorrow. *someone wanna save me from college? I mean... please??? lol*

Okay... right.. I'll work more on this soon!

The_CEO

**( closes eyes)**~ i can see a posting spree in the future.............. lol sounds like a good idea can't wait to hear your ideas for that dark ride .....EMV???

Pumbas Nakasak

Heading for the great escape.
Rip off Britain

For that authentic UK feal you jut need to make the shops be twice as expensive as the rest of the park and ensure that all cast members complain about you wasting there time buy buying something from there stores. Entertaining it is not but it will give the true esseance of Britain.
Speaking of which, as curry is now officially the most popular food in Britain is it not time for Ye Olde Curry House.
If you must have a ride possible subjects are,
Peter Pan, ride
Golf, football (sorry soccer) Virtual reality
Myths and legends from Scotland Wales and Ireland. animatronics
Kings n Queens (the royal type) as above
How the UK was formed ( why we still distrust each other). ride/ animatronics
Whiskey why it puts hair on your chest. tasting sessions sponsered by Glenmorangie.:p

Chad

Bitterness? You sounded as if you had a bad experience there :p

Anyways, I like the celtic myths myself. I'm seeing you walk back behind where the current shop are, through a recreation of Stone Hedge, and finding the entrance into an enchanting darkride. One where 3 or 4 cars go at once and have paths that intertwine and mix with each other, each having a different pathway, each a different ride, each time. But....If I'm gonna form these, I need to know the story...I'm not too good with Celtic stories..So, I'm waiting on our dear friend, Angel :)

Lhriangel

Original Poster
I promise to post as soon as I find out where the heck I left my Cetic Mythology book... I had it when I was in class... and now it has disappeared. *sighs* Hopefully the storyline will be coming tonight or tomorrow afternoon :).

~*Angelique*~

Chad

4 paths would interact together. It would be like the tokyo winnie the pooh ride, where it doesn't have a track, and each car has GPS, and they are controlled by a computer. It be even cooler if we set it up so there where millions of different possibilities. Without tracks, the computer can just randomly put together any sort of ride it wants..Of course, we'd make it follow a plot....But thats why I need a story..Angel..can you give me a quick synopsis? It doesnt have to be detailed, just something I can work off of

Lhriangel

Original Poster
Sorry ... I was looking everywhere cause I need those books for class and well they disappeared.....

Quick synopsis: Dream of Oenegus (ignore the mispellings..)

Oenegus has a dream, in it is a woman who he falls in love with... He is overcome by love and because he does not really know this woman he can not logically have her. He becomes very ill. His family and friends go on a search mission to find her. The end up finding her but the king of the land where she is says they must ask her father permission... her father says that it is up to her because she is both a swan and a human. (the girl's name is Caer) Oenegus finally comes back into the picture and he must ask for her hand in marriage. She says she will only go with him if he promises they will return to the water. He becomes a swan as well and they fly off together.

Names.. well I have to check on those when I find my book.... I only remember the two main character's names off hand.

But can you see how this has great possiblities.. also it was the.... most "G" rated myth I could find at the moment lol.

What do you think?

The_CEO

how can that become an exciting ride.. Im sure with Chads help it will be come a main attraction... Good start :animwink: :animwink:

Lhriangel

Original Poster
The adventure is in the search for Caer and the Oenegus trying to woo her. We COULD have four different tracks, four different search parties... does this make sense? *is waiting to see what Chat thinks first* if not I can always look up another myth as soon as my books are handy...

Chad

Definite possibilities! Perhaps a LITTLE twisting of the story, just to make it fit into the ride..but here goes..

You first see Oenegus Laying in his bed, looking rather ill...
"Before I became ill...I had an incredible dream..."
You would enter the next scene which would be his dream, pixies and mythical creatures would frollic in and out of bushes, it would be like a neat little forest glen with a pond and waterfall. This would be the part where our 3 cars (three is a good number) would split up, and go on there own adventures through this 'Dream Land', weaving in and out of thick oaks, encountaring Unicorns, Fairies, Dwarves, and any other Celtic Critters. Each car would have a different mixture of animals. But They would all meet back up at the waterfall and pond...
Oengus's voice "In My dream was an incredibly beautiful woman...She was part swan, and her beauty reflected it.."

Indeed, the woman would be beautiful, Large, swan wings, would wave elegently from her back, the rest of her would be human, With a very pale glowing skin, and golden flowing hair.

You would turn from her, and come back from the dream, Oengus would be back on his bed,
"I know shes out there...You must find her...I know she will be the one who can heal me!"
The cars go off, starting in a forest, the three cars would go on three very different tracks.
1. A cave
2. Ocean Side Cliffs
3. Old Ruins (of something or another, some sort of temple or ritual place)
In all three, little fairies (fiber optics) would help lead you through them

Either way, all three cars would end up at a castle, which the would, of course, enter, and go through some halls, despite the shouting of the guards. They would find the room where the swan lady is..

"You must be friends of Oengus...You must bring me to him...But we must get there quickly!"

The little pixies that brought you here would pipe up,
"We can help!"
"We'll just use some magic!"
They would spin around, in a dazzling display of bright colors, the entire room would fade away to darkness, except for tiny lights (think the end of the Imagination ride) and then, a bright light would flash, leaving the riders temporarily "blinded" (like in Posedins Fury) and the cars would move foward into the scene where the swan lady (Who is flying, touches Oengus, healing him...
and causing him to sprout big swan wings as well...
"Come fly with me..." she would say, and your car would turn, and seem to fly upwards, as if flying with them, up through a window and into the stars, then the stars would fade away, and you'd be in the unloading area (think Imagination again)...

I think it sounds fun :)

Lhriangel

Original Poster
okay do you want to keep it authentic or .. fairytaleish... Authentic would mean.. no drawfs, ect... no unicorns no faeries.. these are not found in Ancient Celtic Mythology... but I like the idea... hmmmm... very much...

The_CEO

Very good.... Im not trying to sound like a jackass when i say this but.... In reality would a car go down a hallway in a castle.... Shouting gaurds? Other then that part sounds GREAT! ......

Now these are EMV vehicles right? Any idea what the exterior theming of the EMV would be??

~ Justin

Chad

I think fairy tail-ish with the charecters would be good, simply for the children..They'd enjoy it alot more...Plus gives us more room for special effects and such. I didn't think I departed to far from the story

No, EMV was the farthest thing from my mind. I was talking good old-fashioned dark ride with perhaps spinning (similar to cat in the hat)

The_CEO

Yeah the Cat and The Hat vehicles would work great but any less tech ~ first dark ride vehicles~ would be sucky.... Well then since we are usig Cat and the hat vehicles then ive changed my mind... Yeah it would work to make it go down the hall... I was thinking EMV lol What a monster!!! lol

~ Justin

Chad

Yeah, I was thinking of vehicles that seat two rows of 4 or five, and because they are 'Searching' for this mythical girl, it would be neat if we allowed the front people to control the 'spin' of the car, During certain parts anyways, it would stop during dialouge scenes

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom