I wrote this letter about the EPCOT GotG rumor if you're interested....

Phil12

67039455.jpg
images

POLY LOVER

How do these decision come to be? I mean are there any voices of reason in the chain of decision makers that fight these crazy ideas. Am I to believe that Disney suddenly lost its ability to create some kind of rides based around energy? Something that will stand out and be of Disney quality. I remember the first time I went to Disney and told the story's of the unique rides I went on and the things I saw. My story's stood out from my friends stories of their local theme park visits. Disney wowed , moving theatres, animatronics, top notch shows, theatres that shook, quality and interesting transportation, staff that stood out from all other places I've been. Lord let the voices of reason prevail.

Last edited:

The Empress Lilly

Quasistatic Cavity Resonance for Ubiquitous Wireless Power Transfer

Wireless power delivery has the potential to seamlessly power our electrical devices as easily as data is transmitted through the air. However, existing solutions are limited to near contact distances and do not provide the geometric freedom to enable automatic and un-aided charging. We introduce quasistatic cavity resonance (QSCR), which can enable purpose-built structures, such as cabinets, rooms, and warehouses, to generate quasistatic magnetic fields that safely deliver kilowatts of power to mobile receivers contained nearly anywhere within.

http://journals.plos.org/plosone/article?id=10.1371/journal.pone.0169045

Serendipitously I stumbled upon some Disney engineers while perusing through a few quasistatic cavity resonance papers that I read for relaxing bedtime literature. -_-

Disney researchers seem to have made a genuine breakthrough, allowing to wirelessly charge mobile and other devices as easily as you connect them through wifi.

Wish they would put this in EPCOT instead of booze fests and rodent infestations. :cautious:

This tech can be used in ways just as much fun as the WedWay tech was (and, frankly, still is!). The technological aspect is as much, probably more, an aspect of the Disney World environment as character encounters.

Last edited:

Myth Maker

I honestly think the biggest problem is not the IPs making their way into EPCOT, but more the way the IPs are being used.

Lets take Seas with Nemo and friends for example. A ride that uses the Nemo characters to take us on an adventure about sea exploration using the characters to tell us a story and take us to "sea-base alpha" would be a great overlay, and one that most of us could of accepted. The current overlay that tells the story of the Nemo movie just feels disconnected and doesn't put us "in the scene" nor properly transitions us to the sea-base.

Same with Frozen in Norway. If the Frozen characters took us on a journey and educated us about Norway, it would feel at home and would work must better than again just re-living the movie.

They are using the IPs in the wrong way and integrating them into things that just feel disconnected. They did the same with Magic Kingdom and the Little Mermaid ride. Instead of putting us in the middle of a fantasy adventure under the sea, they did a very poor re-telling of the movie. Thats why it feels boring and completely out of place.

Curious about your thoughts.

Oddysey

This may not be the most productive post for the conversation at hand. Nevertheless, I just want @George to know that I think your email was outstanding! It mirrors my thoughts on Epcot perfectly, but your email expresses those thoughts in a more interesting an articulate manner than I could ever wish to frame them. Thank you for taking the time to send your email to Disney!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom