I ordered the Wishes CD!!!

xfkirsten

Yup, someone over at magicmusic.net said they saw it at the Studios main entrance today. It's officially out!... six months too late...

-Kirsten

jaime_1234

Since I haven't seen Wishes yet, I'm a little confused as to why everybody's so excited about this. I'm assuming it's not just typical "fireworks show" music since there's a whole CD for it. I mean, I'm guessing Wishes isn't long enough to fill up a whole CD, so what exactly is on it?

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
Originally posted by minniemouseuk
For anyone not in the USA (I believe that Disney mail order postage costs a pretty penny overseas), mainstreetmegastore.com also has the Wishes CD on pre-order.

The cost for the CD + delivery comes to approximately 30GBP!

Too tempting to refuse :)

OUCH!! I went to this site, didn`t order the CD (remember that thread about it being on the net since xmas? And the thread about we would have bought it if we could?)

Instead I ordered $100 worth of books. My credit card is going to KILL me!! Seriously, minniemouseuk - thanks for the link. Interesting site!

PhotoDave219

Okay, for those who wanna know is on it:

Main Tracks: The Show itself.

Bonus Track: Sing Along Wishes (Dunno what this is, havent bought it yet. Car broke instead)

Yes the CD is 12.98, which means your roughly paying 1 dollar per minute for the music. (Which might be a whole new evil when it comes to the price of Music CDs in the history of the world)

Cover is the Wishes logo thats on the Billboards (If you havent seen one, then come to town!)

disneyman23

woooo hoooooo finally wishes is on its way !!!!!
i have been looking all over for a soundtrack recording of it and now it can finally be had, excellent !!

BigDreamer

The CD does have the complete show as stated before including the exit music "pop version of Wishes". The Bonus track is just the pop version without narration or lead vocals. Sounds kinda cool and for those of us who get a kick outta singing like the pros in our cars, it's a real treat! :lol:
Interestingly enough the tracks are the exact ones used on the press release CD which includes narration not used or modified in the show now. I thought this was kinda weird and figured they might chabge it to match the show but I guess it does preserve the integirty of the real thing (either that or they didn't wanna spend the money on making the narration match that of the exsisting show).
The CD is great. The cast member at the register in the Emporium didn't even know it was released. I made his day when i brought it up to purchase. Run out and get your copy today! The shelves were empty last night about 4 hours after i purchased my copy and of course I know how much we've all been waiting for this:sohappy:

MrNonacho

Premium Member
Originally posted by BigDreamer
Interestingly enough the tracks are the exact ones used on the press release CD which includes narration not used or modified in the show now.

:confused: :confused: :confused:

Why would they do this? Looks like I won't be buying this after all.

NemoRocks78

Seized
Premium Member
Alright, it's finally out! :sohappy: I've got to get to WDW as soon as possible! Have they been selling fast? If so, it may just be better to order from Mailorder. :D

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
Can someone clarify the CD narration and show narration differences? I Believe Jiminy says a different line to `What they can`t do these days`... which version is this on? Sorry - I`ve not visited since June 2001, and am just going off net info. Thanks.

MrNonacho

Premium Member
Originally posted by marni1971
Can someone clarify the CD narration and show narration differences? I Believe Jiminy says a different line to `What they can`t do these days`... which version is this on? Sorry - I`ve not visited since June 2001, and am just going off net info. Thanks.

That line is from the press version. The actual show version is "See what a little wishing can do?"

Other differences:

"Of course, I'm just a cricket, but..." is read a little differently.

Jiminy sings "When You Wish Upon a Star" in a different style.

After the villains segment, what Jiminy says is different. Press version: "Hey, what's going on here? Oh! What'll I do? What'll I do? Well, goes to show you, sometimes you gotta be careful what you wish for." Actual version: "You know folks, you gotta be careful what you wish for around here, or you'll get yourself in an awful mess. But just when things look bad, fate steps in to see you through."

Pretty minor differences, really, but after over 5 months of waiting I expected that they'd be selling the real thing, not the same early version that I've had forever.

BigDreamer

I feel the same way about spending the money for a CD i already had. I wish they has changed the narration to mach the show. There was a moment of slight (very slight) regret when i was in the car listening to the Wishes soundstrack I had just purchased and comparing it to the one that had been playing in my car for months for free. But it's nice to offically add the offical sountrack to my collection...and like i said, the bonus track is kinda cool. I also think the quality is much better considering the press CD had to be copied and burned off the original disk thing i got from the press release. Myabe I was just trying to justify spending the money on a CD i already technically owned, but all the same, I think it probably has a better sound quality :lol: :lookaroun

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom