"I Have a Fairy Something Looking Over My Shoulder"Pre-Trip Report

I think, no I KNOW, I am still in shock while I am writing this. Let me back track to how this all came into play within less then 36 hours.

So my boyfriend, Tim, who most of you have come to know from our last trip to WDW in October received a call last week. His buddy decided literally within minutes to fly him out to Las Vegas to celebrate a family Birthday with him. In 30 minutes, he had a flight completely booked and paid for by this friend to go to Vegas. A fully paid, 6 day trip complete with airline and hotel, fell into his lap. Less then 24 hours later, he was off to Vegas and plenty of sunshine and fun. This led me to laugh at the fact that I wish I had friends that like! Over the week of him being gone, I remembered that I still had a round trip free flight in my back pocket that expired on April 7th. I randomly decided to text my buddy Jennie in FL and see what she thought of me dropping in for my days off in March. She flipped over the idea being that we are super close and don't get to see each other often.

Ok so now all that had to be done was to ensure my days off would be locked in with my boss. When I explained to her that I had the opportunity to fly down, stay and play in the parks for free, she told me to not only take my days off, but take two more! :eek: I was ELATED!!! Within five minutes, I had time off approved! Jennie and I threw plans together in about an hour's time the night before. Now all that was left was to book the free flight and I would be set!

Tim had returned and I dropped my plans to him. Expecting some jealousy as he has become hooked on the "World", I braced myself for impact. Instead, he was nothing but fine with it. "You deserve it babe. Go have fun in your happy place!" The pieces were falling together TOO magically! There has to be some kind of catch...

And there was. I called this morning to book my free voucher and the gentleman I got on the phone told me that nothing was available for those days. What? :brick: This can't be! Thankfully, the airport that we use is literally 10 minutes away. So I jumped in my car with all my information and raced over there to the counter. I explained my situation and that the voucher was good until April 7th and that I was told there was no restrictions. For over an hour, two agents tried to help me book something...anything! At this point, I was in tears embarrassingly enough. This year, while we are only two months in, has been awful to me. My car is dying, my lap top crashed resulting in buying a new one unexpectedly, I have been sick three times with the flu and bronchitis and to top it all off, my best friend's Dad had been diagnosed with prostate cancer. Then there has been all my stress at work and the terrible weather we have had resulting in more stress at work as staff has called out and business has been super low. Tim is also out of work which leads to even more stress. All I wanted was a few days of sunshine and fun to take my mind away from everything crappy that has gone on this year. And now I was being told , "Nope". To their credit, these two agents did everything they could. But I was informed that the amount of space that is saved for folks with such vouchers had been all booked up until April 7th.

My luck is not so great, so with the reservations number in tow and all my information, I headed out heartbroken to my car. It WAS too good to be true. I should have known. Tim had been texting me plane prices in the mean time but I wouldn't have been able to swing any of those. In a last ditch effort, I called the reservation line that the agent told me to call. It was different from the one I called earlier and he told me to tell him to check my records and read the comments. I called and as I was pleading my case, the tears came again. I can't help it. I mentioned in my last trip report that I have become so emotional since my Mom was diagnosed with breast cancer. Then add being tired and all the stress that has been building up on top of it? You tell me I'm going to Disney then try to take it away...there's going to be tears. He told me the same thing that unfortunately this free voucher couldn't be used. :cry: HOWEVER..."Ma'am you have over $450 in vouchers towards any flight. They are going to expire soon, would you like to use those towards a round trip flight?" I'm sorry, I have WHAT???? :eek::eek::eek: Turns out, I have some sort of Fairy Something watching over me.

Within 15 minutes, and paying less then $70 bucks out of my pocket, my flights to Orlando were booked. I called Tim and calmly told him to go online and see what happens when you type in a certain confirmation number and sure enough, there were the flights. I was in shock. Did this really just happen? And where did these magical vouchers come from? Could the two agents have done this since their hands were tied in other ways? To this minute, I still don't know. But I'm not arguing it. These things don't normally happen to me. So I'm completely stunned that it did.

So here it is...the cast of this adventure is Me.

100_3346.jpg

And some of my cast member/Florida friends. I got four days days, including arriving and departing days, to cram in as much Magical Fun as I can. Thank goodness for park hoppers and me knowing my way around the property because there will be some time where I am on my own. I simply CAN NOT WAIT!!!! :D:sohappy:

MillerPoppins

Original Poster
:sohappy::sohappy::sohappy:

Thank you!!

So excited for you!! :D

Thanks! I'm currently wide awake after working from 10p-7am this morning because I'm too excited!

Just getting to read this...what an INCREDIBLE stroke of luck with the air. Hope you have a great trip! :wave:

Thank you! I'm still holding my breath with the whole thing but hopefully it'll work out.

Yay!!!!!!!!!!! I hope you have an amazing trip and I'm looking forward to the report when you return! :sohappy::sohappy::sohappy:

Holly!!!! I absolutely can not wait to read all about your trip! Was thinking about you over the past week! Hope you guys had a great time! :wave:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom