I Got Halo 2

SirGoofy

I too have Halo 2. I bought an XBOX about two months ago for Halo and a couple of other games. Let's just say after playing the first one through, and now that I have beaten the second, I must say I am disappointed in Halo 2. Don't get me wrong, it's a great game, but after 4 years of developement it should be better. The human guns are horrible, the level design of the later levels is down wright bad, and the ending could be the worst I've ever seen. But my biggest beef is the fact that multiplayer just isn't as fun anymore. Me and my friends had Halo 1 LAN parties for about a year before Halo 2, and we had our first Halo 2 party on Sunday. We found ourselves wanting to go back to Halo so we could play the more fun battles. It is impossible to have a shotguns round b/c of the way that the shotgun's rate of fire has been tweaked. Also, you could shoot someone two time in the head, and they won't die, but they'll shoot you once in the side and you'll die. The game is great, but it should be at least 10x better.

yodasmith

Original Poster
halo 2 is just not what people expected. my friend was pretty up set, he thought the game was going to be the same exact game as halo ce, just with different levels. halo 2 is a completly different game, you have to re-learn strategy and such. i agree that the levels towards the end suffered a bit, but all in all i don't think the game was horrible.

if anyone wants to play, or has a team that is looking for a challenge, look for me on live with maniac killer44.

Figment1986

The shotgun was too powerful.. so they wanted to make the alien weapons more challenging since they came back and upgraded... :lookaroun who here can "Give Me" a "Free" X-box and Helo and Halo2??

SirGoofy

Figment1986 said:
The shotgun was too powerful.. so they wanted to make the alien weapons more challenging since they came back and upgraded... :lookaroun who here can "Give Me" a "Free" X-box and Helo and Halo2??

The Covanent weapons are not more powerful. The reason I'm mad is that they completely crapped up the human guns. Why would the Covanent upgrade, while the humans downgrade. It makes no sense. The assault rifle isn't auto fire anymore, the pistol stinks, and the frag grenades' blast radius isn't as big. Also the shotgun isn't any less powerful, it's just slower. Sorry I'm ranting, but I'm really disappointed.

Yoda, I never said the game was horrible. I actually said the opposite. And Jack, my options are on default. The game just isn't as fun as Halo. And yea the duel wielding is pretty cool, but it wasn't as good as I thought it would be.

yodasmith

Original Poster
i understand what you were saying, i was very upset with the shotgun at first as well. once you get used to it, it's not so bad. it took me a while to get used to it.

because me and my buddy got a copy early, when we would jump on live before it was released, we played with a bunch of bungie.net people. they told us and my buddy that they were releasing updates for the original assault rifle, and different weapons. apparently feb. 9th is the big day for updates.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom