I don't get the allure of fireworks when choosing a room.

21stamps

I agree with every word you typed. I always get a room with a water view and balcony at the Beach Club because I love starting each day by relaxing and taking in all the sights. My only point is, how many times can one really sit there on a vacation and watch the same exact fireworks show? However, I do understand different strokes.....

By the way, which MK resort do you feel offers the best views of the MK attractions?

I think Poly has the best TPV rooms. The reflections off the lake, and the centered view is just perfect imo.

21stamps

That photo just made me so happy. It really does capture the essence of what we Disney lovers love! Thanks for sharing!

Bed head and all. lol

I actually got EXTREMELY lucky with that room. My trip last year was starting to get out of control, and I had added more park nights.. so because we wouldn't be in the room as much, I made a "responsible" decision to downgrade to a Lake View room from my booked TPV room. I second guessed myself constantly, and worried that I made a mistake.

Then I checked in and had a (not technically) theme park view room anyway!!! I was so thrilled!! Worried for nothing, and saved $600 but still got the view!!! Apparently that tree knocks it down to Lake View category. I'll take it!
I don't know if I'll ever hope to get that lucky again though.lol

Last edited:

mousehockey37

I can understand the point the OP is making. However, if you're lucky enough to score one of these fireworks view rooms around say the 4th of July, Christmas, New Years, or even for Hallowishes or Christmas Wishes, you're in for a treat. You get all the special fireworks, with 0 crowds in your way. Most places even have it where you can turn up the music in your room on the tv and you can have your own personal, private fireworks viewing party. Then, when it's over... wait for it... you're already at your room! No crowds, no buses, no cranky kids, adults, babies...

ETA: I can't get enough of the fireworks. Last trip we saw Illuminations 3 times... all from different countries. It's a little different every time and I love it.

durangojim

If it was just a "fireworks view" then I'd agree with you. I see fireworks literally almost every night during the summer.

It's the entire package.. can't speak for others, but for me, like I said, I love the EWP, and watching it from the balcony is wonderful. More than that though, it's waking up and seeing the iconic attractions..the lake traffic, and the monorail... then seeing them one last time before going to sleep.

Fireworks alone wouldn't be 'worth it' for me.
Correct. Some of my fondest memories at WDW are staying at the GF and sitting on the balcony at night and enjoying a cocktail with my wife watching the water pageant and the ferries go back and forth throughout the evening. There's just something kind of peaceful and magical about watching all that happen from a distance.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom