I don't get the allure of fireworks when choosing a room.

JusticeDisney

Original Poster
I mean, once you've seen them, you've seen them. It's not like you're going to watch them every night. And speaking of that, who's in their room by 9:00 PM anyway?

I'm sure it's just me, but of all the different reasons to choose a resort and/or room, I don't get why so many people seem to so heavily factor in fireworks. Oh well.

21stamps

I love it.

Sitting in my pjs, on a balcony, watching the Electrical Water Pageant go by- singing along with it, then watching the fireworks.
I think it's the best ending to a Disney day :)

And then... you wake up in the morning, look out the window, see the Castle, Space Mountain, the boats, the sounds of Disney waking up.. best start to a Disney day. :)

monykalyn

I mean, once you've seen them, you've seen them. It's not like you're going to watch them every night. And speaking of that, who's in their room by 9:00 PM anyway?

I'm sure it's just me, but of all the different reasons to choose a resort and/or room, I don't get why so many people seem to so heavily factor in fireworks. Oh well.
Agree-am not paying more for a supposed view, or area(preferred and view-what a money grab!!!). I don't mind a little walking etc. We have only recently started staying onsite-and even then it is usually split between onsite/offsite. However we do NOT mind leaving "bubble" at end of our day to sleep in luxe condo, separate rooms, screened private outdoor lanai etc.

daisyduckie

I could never see the fireworks enough. So I totally get the lure of paying for a fireworks view.

I also don't mind paying when I want a room close to the main buildings or if I want a certain upgraded view. I don't see it as a money grab at all. If I want extra, I don't mind paying.

Deno

I like a nice room in a nice location but I don't think i'd pay extra for fireworks. We stay at the Poly and to be honest, I personally don't get the thrill of watching the fireworks from the Poly beach. We're usually in the pool when they are on and it's like 'meh'.

However, put me on Main Street USA to watch them and i'll soak up that atmosphere as many times as I can...over and and over again and i'll never get bored of seeing those shows.

disney4life2008

I agree. Paying over $300 in any premium room just for a fireworks view is crazy. Of course, i do not pay over $100 for any room per night so that shows my mindset.

The Mom

Premium Member
I love it.

Sitting in my pjs, on a balcony, watching the Electrical Water Pageant go by- singing along with it, then watching the fireworks.
I think it's the best ending to a Disney day :)

And then... you wake up in the morning, look out the window, see the Castle, Space Mountain, the boats, the sounds of Disney waking up.. best start to a Disney day. :)

Add in sipping an adult beverage and you have one of our trips. It was the time we stayed at the Contemporary, and it was the last few nights of the Electrical Parade. The park reached capacity that day, so we decided not to brave the crowds (we had seen it two nights before) and watched the fireworks from our balcony.

21stamps

Add in sipping an adult beverage and you have one of our trips. It was the time we stayed at the Contemporary, and it was the last few nights of the Electrical Parade. The park reached capacity that day, so we decided not to brave the crowds (we had seen it two nights before) and watched the fireworks from our balcony.

That sounds even more perfect!

JIMINYCR

Well its all the same with me...river view, pool view, garden view, I dont care what the view out my resort room is like. I'm there for the excitement of the parks and rarely have time gazing out my window. My resort room has a bed and bathroom and is conveniently located near the food court and bus stop. Those are my priorities. One year we got a parking lot view and it didnt bother me a bit.

Well its all the same with me...river view, pool view, garden view, I dont care what the view out my resort room is like. I'm there for the excitement of the parks and rarely have time gazing out my window. My resort room has a bed and bathroom and is conveniently located near the food court and bus stop. Those are my priorities. One year we got a parking lot view and it didnt bother me a bit.
I'm with you!
When my room is located near a bus stop, I'm a very happy man.

correcaminos

We're in our room by 9pm every night. I am guessing it will change as the offspring get older, but we keep regular schedules more or less when we travel. We made an exception for an Illuminations cruise in March. With a 9pm bedtime at home it's easier to keep on vacation.

I love watching fireworks and would watch every night when possible. Especially sitting out on my balcony just enjoying it in peace away from crazy crowds.

KBLovedDisney

I like a quiet room as far away from loud noises and crowds as possible. I love the fireworks, but they aren't that big of a deal every Disney trip, especially when booking a room.

dreamfinder

Alot of families with small kids can't stay at the parks late enough each night to see fireworks. Not only are you keeping them up til 9PM, but then there is the hour or so it could take to transfer back to your resort after that. And some kids if they get woken up won't go back to sleep. So being able to either a) put the kids to bed and then watch from the balcony with an adult beverage or b) put the kids in their PJs, let them see the fireworks and then dropping them right into bed can be huge.

21stamps

If you enjoy it, you enjoy it. But for those of us who don't, it's horribly monotonous.

If it was just a "fireworks view" then I'd agree with you. I see fireworks literally almost every night during the summer.

It's the entire package.. can't speak for others, but for me, like I said, I love the EWP, and watching it from the balcony is wonderful. More than that though, it's waking up and seeing the iconic attractions..the lake traffic, and the monorail... then seeing them one last time before going to sleep.

Fireworks alone wouldn't be 'worth it' for me.

JusticeDisney

Original Poster
If it was just a "fireworks view" then I'd agree with you. I see fireworks literally almost every night during the summer.

It's the entire package.. can't speak for others, but for me, like I said, I love the EWP, and watching it from the balcony is wonderful. More than that though, it's waking up and seeing the iconic attractions..the lake traffic, and the monorail.

Fireworks alone wouldn't be 'worth it' for me.
I agree with every word you typed. I always get a room with a water view and balcony at the Beach Club because I love starting each day by relaxing and taking in all the sights. My only point is, how many times can one really sit there on a vacation and watch the same exact fireworks show? However, I do understand different strokes.....

By the way, which MK resort do you feel offers the best views of the MK attractions?

21stamps

@JusticeDisney , here's the best way to explain it.. the photo below. That photo is in the morning, no fireworks required to be Magical, to me.. The Monorail, Space Mountain, and Cinderella's Castle are enough. :)

IMG_5681.JPG

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom