Hurricane Matthew

AEfx

I can't help but note that every computer model about what will be happening in just the next few days in a relatively small geographic area seems to disagree with each other, or changes nearly hourly - yet in the other hand, we are supposed to be absolutely 110% confident in the doomsday computer models that purport to accurately predict decades into the future down to the tenth of a degree.

brb1006

I hope the Hurricane won't effect the parks to much. Or else they might have to delay or cancel the final showing of MSEP at WDW.

rodserling27

I hope the Hurricane won't effect the parks to much. Or else they might have to delay or cancel the final showing of MSEP at WDW.
Doubtful, looks like the storm is going to be well out of the Orlando area by Saturday, so it will definitely be gone by Sunday. Some forecasts have it moving out Friday night! I will be furious if anything interrupts the final showing of my blessed MSEP :)

cjgren

I'm arriving in Tampa tomorrow night after redirecting my flight from Orlando and getting a towncar to drive me into the area from there. We are trying to figure out if we'll be able to get to AKL from our Hotwire hotel (it's about a mile away) Friday morning. Talk about stress!

GrumpyFan

I can't help but note that every computer model about what will be happening in just the next few days in a relatively small geographic area seems to disagree with each other, or changes nearly hourly - yet in the other hand, we are supposed to be absolutely 110% confident in the doomsday computer models that purport to accurately predict decades into the future down to the tenth of a degree.

The models all use a different algorithm and data feeds, but are most accurate in their predictions of < 48 hours. Outside of that, everything gets pretty hazy and can vary greatly. However, their accuracy has gotten a lot better in the last 10 years.

wdwgreek

My update: my cousins whom i was staying with are doctors and are evacuating their hospitals and on 24 hour call for the next 48 hours. Sp i am heading back to ct after flying to Baltimore. Alas.

MOXOMUMD

We are at Disney now. Bus driver made an announcement saying all buses and parks will be open unless it's cat 5. We are supposed to check out on Friday and drive home to key west. Might be staying until Saturday. My predictions, Thursday, morning will be fine, wind increasing all day, Thursday night, very windy, Friday, decide if it is too windy and rainy to drive. A little wobble of 50 miles will make the difference between it being real bad here, or just a windy day.
And you believe the bus driver? :facepalm:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom