Hurricane Irma

21stamps

Pretty much the bulk of South Florida, East, is under mandatory evacuations now.

Has anyone seen gas stations on the turnpike or central/north Florida? Will they be able to refuel?

Princess Leia

Everybody always forgets us here on the Georgia coast... :(;)

Forecast has worsened for us. Monday shows 60-80mph sustained unless this thing turns. I've been through Hugo, Floyd and Matthew and none are scaring me like this one is.
Sorry! It's been a long day (and I may have been having an after work drink) and thought that Georgia was further inland :oops: Stay safe!!!

Edited, since the original post said 'George'. That after work drink seemed to have hit me harder than I thought it would.

John park hopper

Forecast has worsened for us. Monday shows 60-80mph sustained unless this thing turns. I've been through Hugo, Floyd and Matthew and none are scaring me like this one is.
You are not forgotten, very familiar with Savannah GA beautiful historic city love visiting. Hope you and us here get through this nightmare and it just turns out to be a bad dream, by the grace of god turn this far out to sea.

Hobnail Boot

Sorry! It's been a long day (and I may have been having an after work drink) and thought that Georgia was further inland :oops: Stay safe!!!

Edited, since the original post said 'George'. That after work drink seemed to have hit me harder than I thought it would.
Ha no worries! Have one for me :) Just taking a wait and see approach right now.

You are not forgotten, very familiar with Savannah GA beautiful historic city love visiting. Hope you and us here get through this nightmare and it just turns out to be a bad dream, by the grace of god turn this far out to sea.
Thanks, it is beautiful here. After Matthew, much of the area was in shambles. And that was a weak cat 1 that just brushed us! I'm praying as well that this thing turns and doesn't affect us or anyone else like it has affected the islands so far.

John park hopper

Just checked WDW website for any hotels at any rates, for September 7-11, and the only three showing any availability are Port Orleans (both) and Caribbean Beach. All other resorts are showing unavailable. Listed at the normal rates. Florida residents probably would get their normal discount, though.
There is a topic "Do you still feel loyal to Disney". When I read this it makes my loyalty wane a bit

Grumpy4196

I live in Macon,GA so haven't forgot about you at all. (Currently have a son in Orlando for training however) Fortunately though the GA East coast is relatively lucky historically when it comes to hurricanes. Here's hoping that trend continues.

Hobnail Boot

I live in Macon,GA so haven't forgot about you at all. (Currently have a son in Orlando for training however) Fortunately though the GA East coast is relatively lucky historically when it comes to hurricanes. Here's hoping that trend continues.
Yeah we have been lucky historically. Last year was a wake up call. Being tucked in on the coast has saved our bacon before, but all models are converging on us now. Hope your son is well down there!

LAKid53

Official Member of the Girly Girl Fan Club
Premium Member
i saw 2 big trucks hauling at&t generators heading south on 75 toward Florida. Maybe thats what they are for?

Hopefully.

Just for laughs - and in case I needed to leave - I tried checking hotels between Tallahassee and Atlanta, places like Tifton, Valdosta, Bainbridge. There are none available. And I've got a cat I'm not leaving behind...

Keep moving east, Irma. Florida doesn't want you..

invader

Hopefully.

Just for laughs - and in case I needed to leave - I tried checking hotels between Tallahassee and Atlanta, places like Tifton, Valdosta, Bainbridge. There are none available. And I've got a cat I'm not leaving behind...

Keep moving east, Irma. Florida doesn't want you..
I'm hoping we're safe here in Tally. If Irma stays east coast the only thing I'm really worried about is losing power & if we do, how long it will be out for... Hermine was only a tropical storm last year and places were without power for nearly 2 weeks.

dreamfinder912

I'm at the dvc thing at dak tonight and I'm in line for rivers of light and there is nothing quite like having that music pounding from a speaker just feet away while looking at the map of this storm. I'm really wishing I'd moved back north last year!!

Debbie

i saw 2 big trucks hauling at&t generators heading south on 75 toward Florida. Maybe thats what they are for?

They will probably be used to power towers and are probably being staged to bring to the areas once the storm is past. The hardest part in the weeks after Hurricane Katrina was the inability to communicate. The towers were either damaged, flooded, or unable to handle the amount of calls. Even the police, fire, and EMS had no way of communicating. First order of business in the parish my brother lives in was to get a cell tower up. My brother and others were sent on a mission to obtain propane to fuel the generators, even if it meant breaking into a business. My landline could receive calls but not make outgoing calls. My neighbor who was evacuated would call, we would run across the street and get her husband so they could talk. It was truly a dark time for us....

nerdboyrockstar

I have a question please.. my family & friends are worrying me because they say if we leave on Friday morning to head up to AofA, there is a very big chance we could get stuck on the turnpike and get caught in the storm. Our reservations are for Friday night and the storm is expected to hit the southern tip of Florida early Sunday morning.

Wouldn't we have enough time from early Friday morning to early Sunday morning to drive 155 miles?

I would assume you could do that in 3.5 hours.

They will probably be used to power towers and are probably being staged to bring to the areas once the storm is past. The hardest part in the weeks after Hurricane Katrina was the inability to communicate. The towers were either damaged, flooded, or unable to handle the amount of calls. Even the police, fire, and EMS had no way of communicating. First order of business in the parish my brother lives in was to get a cell tower up. My brother and others were sent on a mission to obtain propane to fuel the generators, even if it meant breaking into a business. My landline could receive calls but not make outgoing calls. My neighbor who was evacuated would call, we would run across the street and get her husband so they could talk. It was truly a dark time for us....
my husband went through Katrina. He lived in Chalmette with his family.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom