HS Opinions?

cw1982

DH and I are planning for our main day at HS to be on a Monday, when there will be evening EMH. This is probably the only day of our trip that we will be there later in the evening. We have a second day planned later in the week when we will go back to ride some of our favorites before heading off to Epcot for ADR's, but we wouldn't have time to head back over for Fantasmic after dinner.

I've read before that, since HS doesn't have as much to do as some of the other parks, that the evening EMH end up not being as fantastic as they do at MK. This makes me think that we need to spend as little time waiting for Fantasmic seats as possible, if we're watching it at all. We could plan to watch the 10:30 show, but then that would mean we'd have a whopping hour left of EMH afterwards.

On the other hand, I don't really want to use a FP for Fantasmic, and the dining options that come with preferential seating for Fantasmic seem a bit steep for us because of how little of my food I'd be able to eat... it's hard to justify paying a per-person price for a dining package when I can't eat even half of what most adults can.

So, what are your thoughts? Would it be better to try and do the earlier Fantasmic show to have more time for EMH, or would it be better to try and enjoy some rides while the bulk of the crowd is (hopefully) watching the first show and then head that way for round two?

Last edited:

jlsHouston

I would do the late show for Fantasmic, the one at 9:30? And I would get in line about 15-20 minutes before the show was set to start. I think they do 2 show on nights when there is EMH. Did you look on the website to see if they had 2 shows the Monday you were going to be there?

Upvote 0

cw1982

Original Poster
I would do the late show for Fantasmic, the one at 9:30? And I would get in line about 15-20 minutes before the show was set to start. I think they do 2 show on nights when there is EMH. Did you look on the website to see if they had 2 shows the Monday you were going to be there?

There are two shows that night: 9:00 and 10:30. EMH are from 10-12 that night.

Upvote 0

jlsHouston

There are two shows that night: 9:00 and 10:30. EMH are from 10-12 that night.

DO the late show. I hear it is not as busy even on high crowd times. We were at WDW over spring break and were at HS on a Monday for EMH and it was pretty quiet on the back part where Mama Melrose's is at. That was a great meal as a matter of fact. I had the steak with their version of mac n cheese and it was really good.

Upvote 0

cw1982

Original Poster
DO the late show. I hear it is not as busy even on high crowd times. We were at WDW over spring break and were at HS on a Monday for EMH and it was pretty quiet on the back part where Mama Melrose's is at. That was a great meal as a matter of fact. I had the steak with their version of mac n cheese and it was really good.

Too funny that you mention that! I was literally just toying with the idea of doing dinner there, but I didn't like the time they had offered. The only time right now is 8:35, and I was sort of hoping we might be able to take advantage of the crowds dying down temporarily as people start waiting for the first F! show so that would not work with my theory lol. I may go ahead and book it anyway, and then if something a little earlier opens up we can always change it.

Upvote 0

jlsHouston

Well...We didn't make it to HS until about 6 pm. We did TSMM, ToT, walked over to RnRC to see about single rider but it was closed and the stand by was pretty long, so then we went to Animation which I love and hung out there, then we did the Great Movie Ride. We had dinner ressies for 8:30 and by the time we headed towards Mama Melrose's it was really deserted in that area. Once we finished dinner we probably could have hiked it quickly to try and make the 2nd F! show but we ended up back at Animation and did a drawing class. In the summer HS is packed every time I am there and over Thanksgiving when the Osbourne lights are up, omigosh, HS is never empty like it was last month, especially for EMH

Upvote 0

cw1982

Original Poster
Well...We didn't make it to HS until about 6 pm. We did TSMM, ToT, walked over to RnRC to see about single rider but it was closed and the stand by was pretty long, so then we went to Animation which I love and hung out there, then we did the Great Movie Ride. We had dinner ressies for 8:30 and by the time we headed towards Mama Melrose's it was really deserted in that area. Once we finished dinner we probably could have hiked it quickly to try and make the 2nd F! show but we ended up back at Animation and did a drawing class. In the summer HS is packed every time I am there and over Thanksgiving when the Osbourne lights are up, omigosh, HS is never empty like it was last month, especially for EMH

Yeah, I've read that evening EMH at HS isn't really that much of a help just because there are really only 2 or 3 rides that everyone flocks to during that time (RnC, ToT, and TSMM), so it's almost not worth it. Right now we have FP+ for RnC, ToT, and Star Tours that day, and then ToT, TSMM, and Star Tours on our half day there later in the week, so I'm honestly not worried about getting everything in. Really, though, I kinda wish we could do everything in one day so that we could use that second day for more time at Epcot or MK. I guess we'll play it by ear and see how that goes. Maybe if we hop in line for TSMM right after F! we'll get it knocked out and then be able to change our FP+ to MK or Epcot on our way back to the hotel lol.

We already have ADR's for lunch at SciFi that day, so we'll probably just do QS for dinner. The last thing I want is to be a slave to our dining plans!

Last edited:
Upvote 0

cw1982

Original Poster
Thanks @Mukta . I should probably note here as well that we will probably not get there until around 12 that day because we will have been at MK until 2 am or so the night before. Do you still think that's enough time?

Upvote 0

Mukta

Well, you have FPP for RnRC, ToT and Star Tours. You can do Great Movie Ride and TSMM after Fantasmic.

Now you just have to fit in shows you can to see. Indy, Beauty and the Beast, Little Mermaid etc. Which of the attractions in DHS do you guys want to see the most?

Upvote 0

cw1982

Original Poster
We definitely want to do Indy. I'm not as worried about Little Mermaid. I think that pretty much covers the main things lol.

Oh, and Back lot Tour and maybe Muppets. Anything else I'm missing? I heard the Jack Sparrow thing is kinda dumb.

Upvote 0

cw1982

Original Poster
Either way, it sounds like the late show is the better option unless we just happen to get bored around the time to start waiting for the first one. Thanks! :)

Upvote 0

Mukta

I HATE the backlot tour, but everyone should see everything once.

The Jack Sparrow thing is ok.

Spend some time in One man's Dream.

Muppets is good.

Upvote 0

belledream

Don't forget about Lights, Motor, Action! I'm not a car enthusiast by any means but that show kept me thoroughly entertained throughout. It tends to have fewer showtimes than others like Beauty and the Beast and Indiana Jones though.

Upvote 0

cw1982

Original Poster

Muppets is good.

Don't forget about Lights, Motor, Action! I'm not a car enthusiast by any means but that show kept me thoroughly entertained throughout. It tends to have fewer showtimes than others like Beauty and the Beast and Indiana Jones though.

Thanks for the suggestions! I'll definitely look into One Man's Dream and Lights, Motor, Action! :)

Upvote 0

cw1982

Original Poster
Sigh...

Now that I've been looking at the schedules for Lights, Motor, Action! and playing around with a few numbers, I'm tempted to try to rearrange my FP+ to try to shift them up by just a little. Here's the main thing I'm wondering: Which ride is less likely to have a huge line after Fantasmic!: TSMM or RnC? I know that immediately after the first show, RnC gets busy with everyone trying to hit the ride one last time before EMH starts or the park closes (depending on the night), but what about from 11-12 during evening EMH?

Upvote 0

belledream

From my experiences, TSMM's line hardly dies down enough for me to want to spend EMH time waiting in line. I would make an educated guess and say RnC would be shorter.

Upvote 0

cw1982

Original Poster

Muppets is good.

So, I was looking around, and there seems to be a good bit of "hate" around here for the backlot tour... why?

Upvote 0

Mukta

It takes up a lot of time and it isn't very entertaining. There used to be a lot more to see, but they kept making cuts and now it is very dull.

Upvote 0

cw1982

Original Poster
It takes up a lot of time and it isn't very entertaining. There used to be a lot more to see, but they kept making cuts and now it is very dull.

Ok. So, would you say it would be a waste of time for two 31-year-olds with no kids?

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom