HS Opinions?

cw1982

DH and I are planning for our main day at HS to be on a Monday, when there will be evening EMH. This is probably the only day of our trip that we will be there later in the evening. We have a second day planned later in the week when we will go back to ride some of our favorites before heading off to Epcot for ADR's, but we wouldn't have time to head back over for Fantasmic after dinner.

I've read before that, since HS doesn't have as much to do as some of the other parks, that the evening EMH end up not being as fantastic as they do at MK. This makes me think that we need to spend as little time waiting for Fantasmic seats as possible, if we're watching it at all. We could plan to watch the 10:30 show, but then that would mean we'd have a whopping hour left of EMH afterwards.

On the other hand, I don't really want to use a FP for Fantasmic, and the dining options that come with preferential seating for Fantasmic seem a bit steep for us because of how little of my food I'd be able to eat... it's hard to justify paying a per-person price for a dining package when I can't eat even half of what most adults can.

So, what are your thoughts? Would it be better to try and do the earlier Fantasmic show to have more time for EMH, or would it be better to try and enjoy some rides while the bulk of the crowd is (hopefully) watching the first show and then head that way for round two?

Last edited:

Mukta

It is hard for me to say. I go to WDW a lot so I have seen everything many times. I think people should try everything and see what they like. Lower it on your priorities though. DHS is my least favorite park, but there are still better things to do there than the backlot tour.

Upvote 0

cw1982

Original Poster
It is hard for me to say. I go to WDW a lot so I have seen everything many times. I think people should try everything and see what they like. Lower it on your priorities though. DHS is my least favorite park, but there are still better things to do there than the backlot tour.

Thanks for being so helpful! I know DH will want to see the Indy show and probably the Car stunt show lol... and he'll want to ride ToT, Star Tours, and RnC. He says he doens't care about TSMM but from what I'm reading I don't know that he would feel that way if he saw how cool it looks. I would almost rather try and fit everything there into one day if possible so we can have that Thursday as a second MK/Epcot day, so part of me is trying to figure out if that's workable if we get there at noon and stay through EMH.

The only catch: he won't want to wait an hour for anything, and we'll pretty much have to wait an hour for TSMM or RnC, no matter how we slice it if we don't go to HS two days lol.

Upvote 0

Mukta

No ride is worth an hour in line. Try to ride TSMM after Fantasmic! during evening EMH. If not, Go there at rope drop one day, ride it and take the boat to epoct for the rest of the day.

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom