How's the line for Star Tours looking so far today?

ToTBellHop

I doubt we will see the lines people predicted. Star Tours' capacity is pretty high and this update doesn't have the marketing power of Harry Potter, so I don't think WWoHP lines will be seen.

The crazy lines are more likely at Disneyland where the locals obsess over new rides. I doubt many tourists plan their WDW vacations around updates like this.

JustInTime

I doubt we will see the lines people predicted. Star Tours' capacity is pretty high and this update doesn't have the marketing power of Harry Potter, so I don't think WWoHP lines will be seen.

The crazy lines are more likely at Disneyland where the locals obsess over new rides. I doubt many tourists plan their WDW vacations around updates like this.

Agreed. It won't be like TSMM because the loading times are just so different. I am sure the lines won't even get that long after six months. I bet that TSMM has a longer line right now.

freediverdude

Well I know that I planned on taking Monday and Tuesday off to go then, rather than try to fight the weekend crowds this weekend, because of the insane predictions. So maybe a lot of people did shy away. We'll see what it's like tomorrow, that will be the real test.

fosse76

I waited about 50 minutes. I think Disney was expecting larger crowds, because there is a section set up on Streets of America as an overflow queue area.

EvanAnderson

Yeah, they were expecting it to be huge. The poor Hollywood Studios Cast Members had to park at Epcot and get bussed over to DHS because they were using Cast Parking to accommodate Guest Parking as well. Also, once DHS parking hits capacity, they were going to redirect guests to park at Epcot and get bussed over, but that never happened.

ms7479a

I think the cast members of Star Tours deserve alot of credit in keeping the wait times down. They were extremely efficent in getting guests onto the attraction. The line was constantly moving at a steady pace. I heard one guest say that the wait time was posted as 60 minutes, but they got on in 20 minutes. Kudos to the cast of Star Tours! Keep up the great work!

Kamikaze

I think the cast members of Star Tours deserve alot of credit in keeping the wait times down. They were extremely efficent in getting guests onto the attraction. The line was constantly moving at a steady pace. I heard one guest say that the wait time was posted as 60 minutes, but they got on in 20 minutes. Kudos to the cast of Star Tours! Keep up the great work!

The huge OHRC has a lot to do with it as well.

disnyfan89

I have a feeling you're going to really see the lines pick up this weekend. I went to MK and Epcot today and both where packed. Now that it's the weekend more people have off from school and work and will be able to visit the attraction.

David Durica

Original Poster
I waited about 50 minutes. I think Disney was expecting larger crowds, because there is a section set up on Streets of America as an overflow queue area.

I saw those. I was wondering if they used them. Ended up I averaged 30~45 minutes. I bet the weekend's gonna be a real zoo parade, though.

WDWFigment

Lines is currently saying 105 minutes, and there are several people reporting times of about that. That being said, Lines is calling today a "5.3 out of 10" in terms of the Park Crowd Levels for DHS. That doesn't seem right. After watching the Grand Opening online, it looks pretty packed there. I would think today, if any day, would be a 10 out of 10!

Crowd level numbers are based upon attraction wait times. While Star Tours may have a longer than average wait, wait times are low elsewhere in the park.

Harry456

Hollywood Studios is opened until midnight tonight. If any WDWmagic people in Disney World right now, then stay until park close. I got to ride Star Tour 3 times in a row after 10:30 last night! IT WAS AWESOME!

Moral of the story: stay until the bitter end (park close) and you can get easy ride-on on Star Tours!

Other stuff. The standby line ran rather smoothly. It never felt like a long wait. The longest wait i had was 50 minutes and shortest was 15 minutes. I am sad to say the line moves so smoothly that i did not get to see much of the luggage robot (best part of the queue with all the jokes).

other than that......every so often, i was moved for one gate to another due to ride difficulties. We switched gates and just waited an extra five minutes.

blm07

After watching the Grand Opening online, it looks pretty packed there. I would think today, if any day, would be a 10 out of 10!

I'm guessing those people waited in line over night to get the limited edition pins or see the celebrities, and then left after a couple of hours :shrug:

You're right, I talked to quite a few people later in the day, and they didn't even know it was the grand opening.

Yeah, it was going down to the San Fransisco painting, but did they ever actually use all of that? I don't think they know how to predict crowds.

IMG_20110520_143802.jpg

timeman

I have seen tweets about the wait time today and the wait time for it has been shorter than the wait time for Toy Story Mania. Around 4pm the wait time for Star Tours 2 was only 50 minutes.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom