How to get seating at Be Our Guest?

Alexis

Original Poster
Aloha to all!

I visit the Magic Kingdom once or twice a year annually. Ever since the new Fantasyland opened and the Be Our Guest restaurant began serving. I haven't had ANY luck being able to dine at the restaurant. They're usually booked. I have tried going for lunch several times and usually by the time I entered the park there was already a line all the way down about 50 heads. The other time I went they told me they were completely booked.

I've gotten an opportunity to walk through some parts of it during the early morning hours (before they offered the breakfast option) but I haven't been really able to enter the West Wing, Ballroom or the Castle Gallery.

Any tips on how to get to have lunch at Be Our Guest for my next visit?
Thank you :)

Master Yoda

Pro Star Wars geek.
Premium Member
Pretty much every dining option at Be Our Guest books out at about 184-185 days in advance leaving you one of two options.

1: Plan a Disney trip of about 4-5 days or more with a Disney resort stay and make a reservation at Be Our Guest for the end of your trip 180 days prior to your arrival.

2: Check the Disney Dining site as often as you can and take the first open reservation you find.

natolij02

Aloha to all!

I visit the Magic Kingdom once or twice a year annually. Ever since the new Fantasyland opened and the Be Our Guest restaurant began serving. I haven't had ANY luck being able to dine at the restaurant. They're usually booked. I have tried going for lunch several times and usually by the time I entered the park there was already a line all the way down about 50 heads. The other time I went they told me they were completely booked.

I've gotten an opportunity to walk through some parts of it during the early morning hours (before they offered the breakfast option) but I haven't been really able to enter the West Wing, Ballroom or the Castle Gallery.

Any tips on how to get to have lunch at Be Our Guest for my next visit?
Thank you :)

Was that wait line for those that made ressies or for the walk up? Because if that is for the reservations, I might re-think our lunch there :banghead:

Alexis

Original Poster
Was that wait line for those that made ressies or for the walk up? Because if that is for the reservations, I might re-think our lunch there :banghead:
I think it was for walk ups that were looking to get a spot in inbetween reservations or cancellations. It was a toss up whether they could get in or not.
If you have reservations keep them! :) you're for sure in with those!

sxeensweet

Love a little Disney every day!! ;)
That was before they were allowing a regular reservation you can make at 180 days while they were testing allowing resort guest to make a Fast pass for it and walk ups. We have waited in that line before and did a fast pass several times. The line for walk ups never took long and moved pretty fast regardless of how long it looked. When you had a fast pass you bypassed that line and had a shorter one up front. Both were easy and didn't require a very long wait.

Now it is done just like a regular dining reservation and they do not allow walk ups at all. You make your reservation at 180 days or 180+10 if staying onsite. It is not hard at all to get a breakfast/lunch reservation if you book right at the 180 day mark. Dinner still sometimes is hard even at 180 days but for the quick service lunch if you look right at 180 days you should not have a problem. I booked ours for Oct right at 180 and got the exact day I wanted @ 1:45pm.
Hope you get one soon!! :)

Last edited:

Andy_0410

Been trying for two years and finally got a dinner reservation but only because of staying on site and disney kindly emailed me 180+10 days before the start of my trip saying dining reservations were now avaliable for my trip. Got one straight away and when was looking at other restaurants in Magic Kingdom for other nights of my trip BOG kept coming up as avaliable. So this is def the best way to get one

Andy_0410

Also can't remember if it was last year or year before but everytime we were in MK we kept trying on the off chance by asking. The CM firstly said sorry but no way then asked how many was in our party. There was only the two of us so he said bear with him and he would check.
He came back to say the could squeeze us in tomorrow at whatever time it was. Unfortunatly we were leaving before then so had to decline. Very frustrating.
But keep tryin you never know
Though I do think this was just because our party was so small.

wwm

We just returned from a trip at WDW ( best ever ). On our last day we had a ressie for BOG lunch 11:15 ( loved it ). The line was long but moved quickly. The CMs at the beginning of the bridge were turning ppl away if they did not have a ressie saying they needed to at least book 6mo in advance, no longer did walk ups. That could be the CMs working that day I do not know just saying that is what many ppl were being told on the day we went.

Chernaboggles

I never book ADRs more than a day or two in advance, and so far "irregular hours" has been our key to dining at BoG. We've done a brunch type meal several times there, just by turning up 20 minutes before they open for lunch and waiting in line. (Not sure how the new breakfast offering would affect that plan, though). On our last trip we snagged a 4:00pm dinner spot with a same-day reservation, and I saw several others pop up during our trip - 4:00 and 4:30 were the usual open times.

Edit: just on a whim I did a search for today and tomorrow. Nothing for today, but there's 9:25, 10:30 and 11:10 tomorrow. People really do cancel a lot the day before.

daisy26

I find it is best to look for openings in the early morning. I got two dinner reservations and one lunch for our upcoming trip for the beginning of June. Just kept the screen open in the back ground of my computer and eventually something popped up! I did cancel one dinner, after I got the second dinner at a better time.

bethymouse

Been trying for two years and finally got a dinner reservation but only because of staying on site and disney kindly emailed me 180+10 days before the start of my trip saying dining reservations were now avaliable for my trip. Got one straight away and when was looking at other restaurants in Magic Kingdom for other nights of my trip BOG kept coming up as avaliable. So this is def the best way to get one
Me too! 2 years! Finally snagged it!:D

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom