How to get seating at Be Our Guest?

Disney Dad 3000

Seems like it can be hit or miss with reservations there on how lucky you'll be. We are going late July and booked lunch there a few weeks ago for 5. Though options were limited and we had to pick a pretty early slot for lunch. We checked a few different days and there was generally a slot open around 11 each day.

sxeensweet

Love a little Disney every day!! ;)
We were lucky. We scored a dinner ADR on the morning our 180 window opened! I should have gone ahead and bought Power Ball tickets that same day!
I should have too! I was just playing around about 2 weeks AFTER making most of my ressies at 180 days and had no intentions on dining there for dinner but low and behold an 8:20pm slot was available on a SATURDAY at that 10/24!!! If we miss the fireworks or something no buggy because we will be watching them on the previous Saturday and possibly another night as well. So I snagged it fast quick and in a hurry and I'll ask questions later!!! Hahaha We already had our lunch booked there the week before as we do love eating lunch me and DH, there but now after not even trying at all by pure luck we will be eating there for dinner also. Worked ot perfectly because we did not even make a reservation that might prior to that yet. :). So a tip...maybe not want the reservation and it might just pop up! Lol :)
I got BOG dinner but I cannot get Boathouse and have been trying for weeks! Weird! :confused:

Last edited:

sxeensweet

Love a little Disney every day!! ;)
Seems like it can be hit or miss with reservations there on how lucky you'll be. We are going late July and booked lunch there a few weeks ago for 5. Though options were limited and we had to pick a pretty early slot for lunch. We checked a few different days and there was generally a slot open around 11 each day.
Lunch is generally easier to come by than the dinner. We have had no problems getting lunch every trip before and to include our upcoming trip in Oct. we got 2 different days for lunch. :)

TRONorail12

I never book ADRs more than a day or two in advance, and so far "irregular hours" has been our key to dining at BoG. We've done a brunch type meal several times there, just by turning up 20 minutes before they open for lunch and waiting in line. (Not sure how the new breakfast offering would affect that plan, though). On our last trip we snagged a 4:00pm dinner spot with a same-day reservation, and I saw several others pop up during our trip - 4:00 and 4:30 were the usual open times.

Edit: just on a whim I did a search for today and tomorrow. Nothing for today, but there's 9:25, 10:30 and 11:10 tomorrow. People really do cancel a lot the day before.

Tomorrow is the 24 hr day at MK. So the restaurant opened up some last minute reservations to fill the late night hours since BOG will be open till Midnight.

Chernaboggles

Tomorrow is the 24 hr day at MK. So the restaurant opened up some last minute reservations to fill the late night hours since BOG will be open till Midnight.

I wrote that post on Tuesday (5/19), so those times were actually all for Wednesday, 5/20, and nothing to do with the 24 hour event. I should have specified that they were all for morning, though. The earliest one was probably breakfast.

hawaiilife

Aloha to all!

I visit the Magic Kingdom once or twice a year annually. Ever since the new Fantasyland opened and the Be Our Guest restaurant began serving. I haven't had ANY luck being able to dine at the restaurant. They're usually booked. I have tried going for lunch several times and usually by the time I entered the park there was already a line all the way down about 50 heads. The other time I went they told me they were completely booked.

I've gotten an opportunity to walk through some parts of it during the early morning hours (before they offered the breakfast option) but I haven't been really able to enter the West Wing, Ballroom or the Castle Gallery.

Any tips on how to get to have lunch at Be Our Guest for my next visit?
Thank you :)
Aloha!!!

Keep checking! I was constantly checking and magically one day a number of BOG lunch and dinner reservations opened up. It was completely random and they filled up super fast. Don't give up! Persistence is key -- checking multiple times per day is what worked for me.

Alexis

Original Poster
Aloha!!!

Keep checking! I was constantly checking and magically one day a number of BOG lunch and dinner reservations opened up. It was completely random and they filled up super fast. Don't give up! Persistence is key -- checking multiple times per day is what worked for me.
Thank you! I guess that is just what I will have to do on my next visit as well. Since I don't stay on property nor book too far in advanced! :)

Cosmic Commando

Unfortunately, I was under the impression that BoG reservations were only 30 or 60 days out, so I missed our 180 day window. I was, however, able to just now make a reservation for 3 for a day during our trip in Nov. The only problem is that there's five of us! :( The plus side is that at least some of us will get to see it, and it will be easier to find a reservation for the rest of our party later. It's kinda crazy to be splitting up to be able to see a counter service restaurant, but it's definitely better than not doing it at all, and not that much different than splitting up to ride different rides that not everyone wants to do.

mizhines

Used Disney Dining Buddy thanks to a suggestion here, got a 12pm lunch reservation for 5 for July 4th week when there hadn't been anything available for a while. Definitely keep checking, or use DDB if you want the checking done for you :)

Flyersgirl17

Used Disney Dining Buddy thanks to a suggestion here, got a 12pm lunch reservation for 5 for July 4th week when there hadn't been anything available for a while. Definitely keep checking, or use DDB if you want the checking done for you :)

I've heard they are great to get you what you need!

WOW! A BIG THANK YOU to DISNEY DINING BUDDY! Since Be Our Guest opened, I've been trying to get reservations and couldn't ever get them, even with being passholders and going quite frequently. Although it took about a month, we just got reservations in late September EXACTLY when we wanted them! Best $8 I ever spent! THANKS AGAIN DISNEY DINING BUDDY!

epcotWSC

I didn't book at 180 days out. Don't know why really, but it was closer to 130 days when I booked everything. BoG was the most difficult. I was able to get a lunch for 2 and dinner for 4. I've been trying to get lunch for 4 and dinner for 2 (still not sure how many people I'll be having on the trip). My method for getting the reservations was pretty much check every few minutes and hope for the best. At this point, I'll probably wait until I'm at about 30 days out and then keep trying again hoping for cancellations.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom