How old were you when you first visited the Magic Kingdom?

Jax274

My first trip was in 2005. I was 9 months old and I have a picture of me crawling up to Mickey Mouse when Hollywood Studios was still called MGM. I have been a diehard Disney fan ever since and go to the parks once a year.

Fletch

1991 and I was 28 years old. Went there for our honeymoon. Looking to go back for our 25th next year. Fingers crossed. As far as favorite memories...boy can't remember anything specific. All I know is that I fell in love with the place.

Squigglove

1992, I was 14.
I have several favorite memories: ElectroMagic, meeting Prince John, Peter Pan's Flight, the original Snow White ride, Pirates of the Caribbean, Mickey & Minnie's houses, Roger Rabbit merchandise.
Mostly all gone now.

I also remember the Back Lot Tour at MGM Studios and seeing the line of outdoor house shots used for television shows including the Golden Girls.
Gone now.

And at Universal Studios - the Bates Motel set.
Gone now.

Tom

Beta Return
I was 5, almost 6, in 1986. My brother was 18 months. We stayed with my grandparents in Brooksville and drove over a couple days.

a2grafix

My first trip when I was 6 in 1976 and my sister just turned 2. Parents and me and sister drove from Ohio to Florida in a Ford Pinto.

melmel89

18 years old. getting off the monorail and catching my first glimpse of the park is my most vivid memory, it was everything I hoped for and more!

aw14

It was 1985, I was 8 going on 9. I have a picture of me standing just outside the main entrance of MK wearing a hideous 80's style t-shirt and bright red shorts, carrying a Gear handbag-it was made of rubber and every girl from Long Island had one! I had a look of annoyance on my face as if to express "stop taking my picture and just let me go in already"-my DH will say I still make the same face today!
As the DH, yes she does make that face. Although oddly, she is the one who constantly takes the pictures.

For me, I was 22. It was a college graduation present with my now DW. Haven't stopped going since in the last 17 years. :).

I have 15 years till retirement and then I will be a monorail driver. :)

Goofy_guy

I don't quite remember how old I was, but I do remember how my parents told me we were going to WDW.

They put in the VHS tape of one of those old WDW sing along videos from the 90s that we had and asked me what I would think if they told me we were going to be there. I think you can figure out how excited I was after that ;).

Daniel Johnson

1984. I was months from being 4 years old. I had a picture of me in overalls and harness/kid leash thing being hugged by mickey from that trip. I don't remember it though. I do remember my baby brother (born in 1984) crying and waking up to police lights. My father was in his last year of residency for pediatrics, along with working two full time jobs...He fell asleep at the wheel. people asked me for years after that trip what my favorite memory was of Disney world, and I told them my dad getting pulled over.
I've gone once a year since then up until 10 years ago when I met my "to be wife"...she made me a theme park fanatic and we go to wdw 4 to 6 times a year now!

I still get misty eyed when I round the corner from the sidewalk onto main street USA to see the castle. Family and my wife make sure I ride IaSW every trip. Its one of the most cherished memories I have of my late father.

Last edited:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom