How old were you when you first visited the Magic Kingdom?

Victor Kelly

1975 at 6 months old.

Memories start around 4. I remember the old ticket books then one day tickets then 3 day tickets. The Carousel used to have all red lights at one time.

Then there are the memories of Cypress Gardens, and the very beautiful Southern Belles.
Sea World and the giant 3 top white tent flea market across from it.

The Old I drive with barely anything built. And I Drive ending at Seaworld.

So many more memories........

Last edited:

StarWarsGirl

I was 4 1/2 months old. It was September of 1995. One of my first memories (ever) is playing with the toy swords with my dad in the POTC gift shop. I guess I was about three or four years old then (would have to check the dates on the pictures...)

First time to DL was when I was 14. I remember that I had wanted to go there so badly for so many years that I nearly cried while walking down Main Street USA. I also remember thinking, "Wow this is familiar, but not the same..."

DizneyPryncess

In 1983, I was 2 year old. I don't have any memories of it, but my favorite picture is of me meeting Mickey & Minnie for the first time. I was in a gray & navy blue Mickey Mouse hoodie. It's a hoodie my mom kept all these years. When I took my daughter at 2, she wore my old sweatshirt to meet Mickey & Minnie. Priceless!

popcenturylover

I was 8 & it was 1982 & I remember being scared out of my wits of Space Mnt. Come to find out 26 yrs. later that it only goes like 26 miles per hour. I was like.......what??? I also remember HM & how AWESOME Epcot was!!!

Padraig

13 in 1992. During that visit my youngest sister (who was just 5) insisted on going on It's a Small World four times in a row. I've a aversion to it ever since.

Bugz

17 on my senior trip , and I remember the ride that went over top of the lengthy of the whole place it was fun to be over , but understand why it's gone

Raineman

It was in 1990, when I was 16. I went with my grandmother to visit her sister for a week in St. Petersburgh, and we went to DW for three days. As soon as I started walking down Main Street, I was hooked for life. My favourite memories were 20000 Leagues at MK, Communicore and Horizons at Epcot and the Backlot Tour at MGM. I will never forget experiencing my daughter's first trip last year when she was 8.

Goofyernmost

I was 5 in 1971. I only remember the ballroom scene from the Haunted Mansion as the rest of it scared me too much so I buried my face in my father's knee. I remember 20,000 Leagues and thought it was so cool we went sooooooo deep in the submarine (imagine my disappointment when I learned the truth 14 years later in college!). I remember the Cleopatra doll in IASW winking at me. And I remember Big Al in the Country Bear Jamboree and the Jungle Cruise. And oh yeah we got to ride up front in the monorail.
My youngest was almost 7 on our first trip. We went on everything including the Haunted Mansion. I heard not a sound from her and probably was so busy looking at everything that I probably wasn't paying attention to her during the ride.

Leap ahead 4 years passed before we could afford to go again. When we got there, I was focusing on the things that we hadn't seen the first trip. I did ask if there was anything they wanted to see and she spoke up and said, Haunted Mansion. I foolishly replied that we had already seen that. Her response was... You saw it. I had my eyes closed the whole time now I'd like to see it. She went 4 years and never once mentioned that. Needless to say we went to the Haunted Mansion and she loved it. Something that we probably would have done anyway because I had it in my mind to go again.

In connection with 20K, we had previously ridden it about 3 times. While riding Skyway, my wife, a person holding two Masters Degrees at the time was completely disillusioned when she saw the ride from above and realized that they didn't really submerge. Just goes to show you that you can fool many of the people a lot of the time.

Misterdcp

1988 - I was 16. We never went to Disney when I was younger. It was only a one day trip. We were in Florida visiting relatives and ended up going to the Magic Kingdom for a day. Needless to say I was hooked!

Nick Wilde

I was 5. The one thing i remember was being mesmerized by the automatic gates to let us on the monorail. When I asked my mother how they did that, she replied "It's the Magic Kingdom!" I also remember staying at Fort Wilderness.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom