How Much Longer Will Coke Dominate WDW?

LAKid53

Official Member of the Girly Girl Fan Club
Premium Member
If getting rid of Coke means that nasty Dasani water goes, I'm all for it...since I don't drink soft drinks. :hungover:

LAKid53

Premium Member
Really? You don't like Dasani? It's my favorite bottled water!

Lord no, I prefer water from some of the natural springs here in Florida, like Zephyrhills. Not that filtered New Jersey tap water with minerals added back in - has a very metallic taste to me. Not that I drink bottle water all the time - that's expensive and wasteful. I use a filtered water pitcher like Zero to remove the chlorine taste and calcium from my tap water, since the city well I'm on must be the hardest water in town....

NormC

Dasani is just filtered tap water from your local Coke bottling plant. Just drink the free water in the parks.

danyoung56

Dasani is just filtered tap water from your local Coke bottling plant. Just drink the free water in the parks.

The free water in the parks, at least from most of the drinking fountains, is warm, and sulfurous, and smelly. A bottle of Dasani is nice and cold - much better than the fountains. I know, I can get a cup of ice water from any food service window. But then I have to wait in line for it. I'd much rather pay to pick out an ice cold bottle from the big vat at most kiosks.

Phonedave

Lord no, I prefer water from some of the natural springs here in Florida, like Zephyrhills. Not that filtered New Jersey tap water with minerals added back in - has a very metallic taste to me. Not that I drink bottle water all the time - that's expensive and wasteful. I use a filtered water pitcher like Zero to remove the chlorine taste and calcium from my tap water, since the city well I'm on must be the hardest water in town....

For the record, New Jersey has some very good municipal water supplies. It's one of the reasons that A-B has a brewery right in Newark. The water does not need much done to it - it has a neutral flavor profile already.

-dave

LAKid53

Premium Member

I did not know that.....

I bring in my own reusable water bottle filled with water from the filtered water pitcher I drag to Disney...along with half my kitchen, lol.

larryz

I'm Just A Tourist!
Premium Member
Original Poster
For the record, New Jersey has some very good municipal water supplies. It's one of the reasons that A-B has a brewery right in Newark. The water does not need much done to it - it has a neutral flavor profile already.

-dave
beer.jpg

NormC

I did not know that.....
Yup just purified municipal water with some minerals added for flavor.

From http://www.dasani.com/faq.html
"To create DASANI water, we start with the local water supply, which is then filtered for purity using a state-of-the-art process called reverse osmosis. We then add a special blend of minerals for that pure, crisp, fresh taste."

RO removes minerals along with other stuff so they have to put it back in to make it palatable.

LAKid53

Premium Member
Yup just purified municipal water with some minerals added for flavor.

From http://www.dasani.com/faq.html
"To create DASANI water, we start with the local water supply, which is then filtered for purity using a state-of-the-art process called reverse osmosis. We then add a special blend of minerals for that pure, crisp, fresh taste."

RO removes minerals along with other stuff so they have to put it back in to make it palatable.

Which it still isn't, IMHO.

FettFan

Someone needs to ask -- so I will: when will WDW offer their guests a choice of fountain beverages? Not everybody likes Coke to the exclusion of all other soft drinks.

If Pepsi were actually, you know, any good, I'm sure Disney would sign a contract with them instead.

The good news is that the Coca-Cola contract includes Dr. Pepper/Snapple, as Coca Cola handles DP/S distribution across the southeast US.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom