How Much Longer Will Coke Dominate WDW?

Jamie77

First... son?? :rolleyes:

Second, you actually think that Coke is a watered down version of Pepsi? Seriously? o_O

The term "nah son" is used before saying something contrary. It doesn't always have to be gender specific.:joyfull:

I mentioned in another post that Coke seems to go flat too fast so it's not exactly my favorite. I'll drink it, but not if I have other choices. Vanilla Coke would be the Coke I'd drink if I want a Coke.

G00fyDad

The term "nah son" is used before saying something contrary. It doesn't always have to be gender specific.

Oh, I'm male. Maybe it didn't translate well but the only time I have ever heard someone use that is when they are trying to project dominance and superiority. I guess it just didn't translate well.

I mentioned in another post that Coke seems to go flat too fast so it's not exactly my favorite. I'll drink it, but not if I have other choices. Vanilla Coke would be the Coke I'd drink if I want a Coke.

If I still drank soft drinks it would be Diet Coke Lime. When I did drink soft drinks I flat refused to touch a Pepsi. Any time I have ever tried one it tasted like a cola that had been sitting for 24 hours.

Jamie77

Oh, I'm male. Maybe it didn't translate well but the only time I have ever heard someone use that is when they are trying to project dominance and superiority. I guess it just didn't translate well.

If I still drank soft drinks it would be Diet Coke Lime. When I did drink soft drinks I flat refused to touch a Pepsi. Any time I have ever tried one it tasted like a cola that had been sitting for 24 hours.

I never heard of Diet Coke Lime. Or a Coke Lime if it ever existed. I may or may not like it but I like key lime desserts so if I ever came across this drink, I'd give it a try. I'll try almost anything once. Keyword, almost. I'm no Anthony Bourdain or Andrew Zimmern when it comes to food. I want to, but I just don't have the courage.

I think Pepsi may be a brand first started in the Carolinas. I live in South Carolina so it's kind of a given that Pepsi would be my first choice.

Last edited:

NormC

Slight clarification... it is only called tonic in Boston. I lived in New England for 63 years and that is the only place that I ever heard that word used and then by only one person. (Pronounced taa-nic)
I am a New England native. North Shore of Mass. We all called it tonic growing up.

Goofyernmost

I am a New England native. North Shore of Mass. We all called it tonic growing up.
To us that is all part of Boston. It still was a localized type usage. It amounts to the same thing as Coke in the south which, in many places, is a generic name for soda.

NormC

To us that is all part of Boston. It still was a localized type usage.
Who's us? We do not consider ourselves Boston. It is the city over 40 miles south of us. I agree with you that it was regional though. Some people called it Soda or a coke. Very few used the term Pop up here. Mainers called it tonic as well.

Last edited:

Phonedave

I never heard of Diet Coke Lime. Or a Coke Lime if it ever existed. I may or may not like it but I like key lime desserts so if I ever came across this drink, I'd give it a try. I'll try almost anything once. Keyword, almost. I'm no Anthony Bourdain or Andrew Zimmern when it comes to food. I want to, but I just don't have the courage.

I think Pepsi may be a brand first started in the Carolinas. I live in South Carolina so it's kind of a given that Pepsi would be my first choice.

I used to work with a person that would buy Coke Lime by the case. This was in 2006-2007, so it existed back then in NJ, no idea if its still out there.

MinnieWaffles

A lot of fast food places offer Coke Freestyle which lets you choose from many variations and flavors, including lime.

Ooh I saw one of these in the wild in the UK, at Five Guys in a big shopping mall. I got raspberry Sprite (Really tasty!) then cherry/vanilla Coke.

maxime29

Premium Member
One small reason would be that offering both Coke and Pepsi would create more inventory for restaurants to keep track of. Also offering more options on the menu may create delays in ordering at QSR locations. (This applies more to meals than soda most likely.)

csmat99

Someone needs to ask -- so I will: when will WDW offer their guests a choice of fountain beverages? Not everybody likes Coke to the exclusion of all other soft drinks.
I guess you don't understand how Coke and Pepsi work. When they sign deals to have their beverages at fast food places for example they make the company sign an exclusive contract to only serve their product. It was one of the reasons why Pepsi spun off its restaurants to Yum brands (KFC, Taco Bell, Pizza Hut, etc) so they could try and bid to get coke out of Mcd's and Burger king. They actually sued Coke at one point. Didn't happen lol So with a place like Disney Coke is really going to offer them a great deal but for a long term commitment and if you recall Coke has been part of Disney since almost the beginning. I believe another poster reported this but the contract is for 50 years.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom