How Do I get into Imagineering?

Goofster

Original Poster
Hey everybody!

I'll admit it, I'm definately one of the youngest people on this website, and this year I'll be a freshman in high school. Now a while ago, I was determined to be an animator, but after reading the Imagineering book I've become inspired to be an imagineer (with animation as a backup, of course). So, i figure i've got a good amount of time to start planning and training.

Now all you guys that wanna be animators and are well older than me, what are you doing and what can I do to get into Imagineering? I know I wanna be a concept designer and make the concept art and such, so what should I do to fulfill my dream??

Steve, I thought about putting this under the employment column, but I figured here it'd get better responses because most of the people that wanna be imagineers check out this column a
lot more.

Thanks a lot! :D

P.S.: Is there an imagineering office in Epcot?

DisJosh

Hey, I asspire to be an animator but imagineering intrigues me too. First thing you should do is look into the fields that are involved in imagineering.......pick one that interests you and consider that as a major in college. Once your in college there is an animation and imagineering internship that Disney offers but you cant take it until junior or senior year of college and theyre both extremely hard to get into. I sugest you look inot particioating in the WDW college program for at least 2 years.....you'll get to know people and will have better chances of getting into the animation and or imagineering internships. I plan on going to art school after I graduate high school(goin into senior year this fall) and plan on majoring in illustration a feild that is useful in both imagineering and animation.

Here is a link to an imagineering site it has tons of info and can help you get aquainted a little better with imagineering:http://www.wdimagic.com/wdinav.html

And this link will take you to a web ring for college program web sites (take the time to check all of em out!)
http://nav.webring.yahoo.com/hub?ring=wdwcp&list

It's never too early to start thinking about your future i.e. colleges, what you ant to do, internships ect..

If you have any more questions e-mail me.......I really advise that you look into the WDW college program its a good way to get started with the disney company.......oh and here is a link to my favorite WDWCP site.........the guy who the site belongs too is really cool he wants to become an imagineer also.......if you have any questions about the WDWCP or imagineering he'll be happy to help ya.

http://members.aol.com/disneycp2000/disney.htm

keep in touch with me and let me know what ya think about the WDWCP. you can find my e-mail in my profile.

DisJosh

Illustration is the skill to have when it comes to concept design so consider that...........are you artistic at all? that helps too. Theres a cool guy on this board that use to work in the Digital department of Disney feature animation. His name is Nowinc.........if you see him in the chat dont hessitate to ask him questions.........hes cool.

Goofster

Original Poster
Originally posted by DisJosh
Illustration is the skill to have when it comes to concept design so consider that...........are you artistic at all? that helps too. Theres a cool guy on this board that use to work in the Digital department of Disney feature animation. His name is Nowinc.........if you see him in the chat dont hessitate to ask him questions.........hes cool.

yeah, thanks a lot!!! I am artistic, and I want to make the design sketches. Right now I'm getting into art classes and teaching myself also with books. So does this mean that you only need well an imagination, and art skills to become a concept designer?

DisJosh

Well I'm nor to sure what they want to see in a portfolio for something like concept art........I know in animation they likw you to have alot of life drawings....I'll look it up for you and see what I can find.

wdwmagic

Administrator
Premium Member
Originally posted by Goofster

P.S.: Is there an imagineering office in Epcot?

Yes there is a WDI office at Epcot, also one at MGM, right next to Rock n RollerCoaster. :)

woofboy111

So what do you have to do to be one of the people that comes up with the ride ideas, and lets other people design it, or does everyone put in their input on creating rides? Anyone know how much Imagineers get paid?

DisJosh

Woofboy the info I posted is enought to get you started and between steve and I there are quite a few links here. Do some research, surf the web even make some phone calls......you'll find out alot!

woofboy111

Well, okay. I guess I will surf myself. I just hate my slow modem. It takes forever to load a website. I can't wait till I get Roadrunner again!!!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom