How big will MK24 really be...Crowd Comparison?

drew81

MISICI at 4 am :sohappy: I think that should help get the blood pumping and wake us and warm us up a little.

I keep saying "us", but I still am not sure if I can find a way to be there or not yet. All I know for sure is that, I wanna be there.

AAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :sohappy::sohappy::sohappy::sohappy::sohappy::sohappy::sohappy::sohappy::sohappy:

WE'LL BE THERE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I love you Drew -- you just made my whole day, if not my weekend!!!!!! :kiss:

I don't know that for sure about MISICI. I've heard they will have entertainment through the evening. Things can always change....what they actually put out is anyone's guess. An announcement should be coming soon.

jjnshane

I don't know that for sure about MISICI. I've heard they will have entertainment through the evening. Things can always change....what they actually put out is anyone's guess. An announcement should be coming soon.

:ROFLOL:After I posted my spastic response I thought "Oh, maybe MISICI at 4 AM was just a for instance." :ROFLOL: Just the thougth of it still made my day! That would be EPIC!

WDW1974

I REALLY, REALLY, REALLY am thinking I'd love to hit this event (preferably with my favorite GFC 'doom and gloomer').

Now, I certainly wouldn't be there at 6 a.m. ... You'd have to pay me (a LOT) to be anywhere at 6 a.m. And 24 hours at the MK?!?! Um ... that would sadly likely lead me to suicide and becoming a real Spirit.

Nah, I'd like to drop in for a few hours after lunch, then leave and go to a better place (say DAK or EPCOT or IOA etc), relax, have a nice dinner, and then (maybe with my entourage?) return around 11 p.m. for about four hours just to see all the bloggers, podcasters and webmasters sitting around at Cosmic Ray's (likely outside as Disney will probably be too cheap to actually staff a QSR all night) at 2:23 a.m. bored out of their minds and trying to convince themselves they're having a MAGICal time.

I REALLY want to see that.

~So Mr. You Know Who ... How About a Trip? (and please include the Mrs.)~

HauntedPirate

Park nostalgist
Premium Member
I want to see if anyone will do nothing but ride, say, Space Mountain for the entire 24 hours. How many total rides will they be able to do? How many rides will they be able to do until they :hurl:??? :ROFLOL: C'mon, I'm sure some internet fanboi's are up to the challenge!!!

joanna71985

I honestly think it's pretty neat, and I'll be one of the crazy ones riding at 5 am. Eventho I've ridden SM at 2,3,4,5,6am before- there's still something neat about the whole park being open that late, and perhaps crowds being slim to none after 3 or 4.

I'll be right there with you! I think it will be an interesting experience doing rides at 5am

Lee

Adventurer
:wave:
I REALLY, REALLY, REALLY am thinking I'd love to hit this event (preferably with my favorite GFC 'doom and gloomer').

Now, I certainly wouldn't be there at 6 a.m. ... You'd have to pay me (a LOT) to be anywhere at 6 a.m. And 24 hours at the MK?!?! Um ... that would sadly likely lead me to suicide and becoming a real Spirit.

Nah, I'd like to drop in for a few hours after lunch, then leave and go to a better place (say DAK or EPCOT or IOA etc), relax, have a nice dinner, and then (maybe with my entourage?) return around 11 p.m. for about four hours just to see all the bloggers, podcasters and webmasters sitting around at Cosmic Ray's (likely outside as Disney will probably be too cheap to actually staff a QSR all night) at 2:23 a.m. bored out of their minds and trying to convince themselves they're having a MAGICal time.

We absolutely, positively, 100%, certainly....might be up for that.:wave:
Could be the same kind of fun as watching what sort of people show up at a Wal-Mart at 3am.

NoChesterHester

Could be the same kind of fun as watching what sort of people show up at a Wal-Mart at 3am.

Bwah ha ha! I'm sure it will be a diverse crowd. That is quite the visual.

mickeysaver

PeopleofLeapDayMagicKingdomMadness.com - Someone needs to reserve that URL now!

drew81

:lol:

Might be some interesting conversations at 2 am.

Communicore

I want to see if anyone will do nothing but ride, say, Space Mountain for the entire 24 hours. How many total rides will they be able to do? How many rides will they be able to do until they :hurl:??? :ROFLOL: C'mon, I'm sure some internet fanboi's are up to the challenge!!!

Maybe I'll ride HM for the 24 hours :lol:

koryadams

well, it's the first of its kind, and a one time thing for at least 4 years, so I would say everyone will be there! More than the 40th anniversary crowds!

WDW1974

I can not think of a more MAGICal couple to be in the MK with (you guys know you're like the Brad and Angelina of the fan world, right?:)) at 3:06 a.m.

Just imagine all the bloggers/podcasters/webmasters that can be observed in their native habitats.

And I just can only imagine Mrs. Lee's reaction to some of them.:ROFLOL:

The fun we could have ... but I would definitely need 2-4 drinks at the Territory Lounge or Tambu Lounge pre-visit.

~BCS? :snore:~

FriarTuck&Roll

Whats awsome is that i was flyng that day anyway i can

1) Fly in
2) Check in at Animal Kingdom Vills
3) Go To Magic Kingdom
4) Go back to room for nap
5) Go to HOUSE OF BLUES for Dropkick Murphys Concert and drinks
6) Go Back to MK around 11:30 - 12:00 and stay til 6 am...and ill get to be tipsey in in MK which i have never really been able to pull off before.

BEST TRIP EVER

Number 5 on your list is the only thing that might take me out of the Magic Kingdom that day (except for the fact that it is Flogging Molly that is playing the House of Blues and not Dropkick Murphys)

InLikeFlynn

If I could get a cheap enough flight I might go solo just for this. It could be a cheap one day trip since I wouldn't need a hotel room, lol.
But we have been at MK past 3am before...and I wonder if it's going to really feel any different at 4 or 5am.
I hope they do something special...characters, entertainment - something.

InLikeFlynn

I assume that buses to the resorts would be running all night, right?

I am really considering surprising my daughter by getting a room at one of the resorts (I would LOVE to stay at one on the monorail line, but that is just too expensive for the convenience) and then stay at the park all night. I would go all day AND night, but that would mean taking both Wednesday and Thursday off of school for my daughter and me. I am toying with the idea of going to school all day on Wednesday and then coming down, checking in to a room and resting until 10 PM or so then heading over to the park for the overnight hours – at least for as long as we can take it – then heading back to the resort for a few hours sleep before check out.
Just a thought I am kicking around.

Wanna split a room? lol

redshoesrock

I think it's a good idea. Also remember that just because MK will be open 24 hours doesn't mean that everyone will stay that long. Usually during that time of year MK closes fairly early, about 8pm. I'm willing to bet that most people will take advantage and stay until about midnight, maybe 1am - four to five extra hours. And an increased crowd during a time of year that is very slow. So because that larger crowd will be in the parks longer, that means a much higher percentage will be spending more money in the parks (food, souvenirs, etc), as well as throughout The World. I think it's a decent moneymaker and a good way to generate buzz. Win all around for both us and the company.

TalkingHead

If I could get a cheap enough flight I might go solo just for this. It could be a cheap one day trip since I wouldn't need a hotel room, lol.
But we have been at MK past 3am before...and I wonder if it's going to really feel any different at 4 or 5am. I hope they do something special...characters, entertainment - something.

Yes, 4 a.m. will feel vastly different from 3 a.m.

And I expect there will be a special version of the MSEP with special characters around 5 a.m.

You should definitely spend the money to fly down to experience it.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom