Hotel room window displays

Cmdr_Crimson

Original Poster
Last year I wanted to do a Kingdom Hearts window display while I was at Pop century..However, I never got a chance to and only had a sign that says "A WDWMagic Member is staying here." With mickey & donald on it...So I was wondering What did your hotel window look like?

Also I've read on another forum that you can get charged $25 to your room and they leave a message for you to remove the displays...Is there any truth to that?

bluefaery

I've never had a phone call or been charged for having a window display. Then again the only thing in my window was my Pooh Bear stuffed animal.

Phonedave

Last year I wanted to do a Kingdom Hearts window display while I was at Pop century..However, I never got a chance to and only had a sign that says "A WDWMagic Member is staying here." With mickey & donald on it...So I was wondering What did your hotel window look like?

Also I've read on another forum that you can get charged $25 to your room and they leave a message for you to remove the displays...Is there any truth to that?

I don't put displays in my windows -let the attacks begin

But yes, they can fine you for displays. Mainly its if you make them do additional cleaning or worse yet, have to replace the window.

-dave

disneynut4u

We stayed at Port Orleans on our last trip. Being from Louisiana, we brought Mardi Gras jesters to hang in each of our windows (we had 2 rooms). We put out beads and other parade memorabilia in the windows as well. We never got a phone call or fine. And we saw plenty other people who decorated even more than we did. I love looking at the window displays. Go for it. Decorate!

One note, we did make sure we got all the tape off the window, and left nothing behind.

Bug715

On my October trip I put up the gell window clings because I found some at wal mart that said Boo to You. How perfect!!!!

This reminds me that I need to find something for my Spring Break trip. Any suggestions?

I think they are ok as long as they don't leave a mess and you take it down when you leave. Personally it helps me find my room after a long day.

NMBC1993

I've done a lot of window displays while staying at the resorts. They are usually themed to the place I'm staying. I have never had a problem with it, heck, one time I was staying at Caribbean Beach and came back from the parks to find a towel animal added to my display:)

ClemsonTigger

Naturally Grumpy
The only "window" displays I've done were moving towel animals to the window, but having been down during the Christmas season (with Pop Warner football and cheerleading :rolleyes:) I've seen some pretty impressive displays with posters, lights, signs, and all sorts of stuff. Had not heard of the fine's before.

1selfsacrifice

When I was still on the CP, my family came down for Christmas and stayed at Pop Cent. They decorated their window and so did a lot of other guests. Nobody in my group got a phone call or fine. I think it adds a little magic in itself when they allow the guests to decorate! Just as long as no damage occurs of coarse.

Longers

image.jpg
This was my window last year at POR - trying to work out what to do this year. My thinking cap is on......

Cmdr_Crimson

Original Poster
Just curious, why Kingdom Hearts? I'm a gamer too.

Whoa a post of mine back from the past...

Anywho..Kingdom Hearts is RARELY Mentioned in the Theme park universe which is a real shame and I wanted to make it's aknowledgment that it does involve the Disney Universe...Normally I would be wearing my KH Shirts in the parks and the characters (which seem to get geeky) when they see my shirt (Goofy litterally glomped me when he saw one of my shirts), and I cosplayed as Sora During the 2009 MNSSHP...
Halloween_Town_Mickey_and_Sora_by_Vqstudios.jpg
kh1.jpg

But, here's my window I did in 2009 as it was the last time I went during the Halloween Party and I have a few compliments from some KH fans that saw it when they walked by when I would be heading out to the parks..
disneywindow.jpg

MrDee

Oops, I didn't pay attention to the date of your post. Still nice to see the pictures. Thanks for sharing.

Longers

Whoa a post of mine back from the past...

I was thinking of starting a post around window displays but thought I should search first. When I saw it was 2009 I did wonder if I should start again with a new post but then decided to reply anyway and just "bring to life again"

Hopefully I will get some inspiration from others photos now your post has been bumped up the threads

ajrwdwgirl

Premium Member
I've used window/gel clings before when we went during the Christmas season. They didn't leave any residue. Other times when we go we usually just put our towel animals in the window or other trinkets that we may buy as a souvenir, like hubby's popcorn buckets or a stuffed animal.

These are the clings I put up at the Beach Club.
Disney World 2009 068.JPG

These are the clings I used at the Pop, I also put some on our bathroom mirror.
WDW November 2011 077.JPG

JiminyandTink

I've never heard of the fine before, I suppose that would make sense if someone made a big mess. I've only ever stuck our kids toys in the window, but I love when people decorate their room windows.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom