Hollywood and Vine begins year round seasonal dine with Minnie Mouse

Disneyhead'71

I was wondering what "year-round seasonal" meant. Now I get it!

Doesn't look too bad. And I like the rotating menus. Although I can't see myself EVER paying for a character dining experience again. I am just not a M&G kind of guy. I met Barbara Eden on Sunday. My reporter was dying to get a picture with her. Afterwards he said he would have been glad to take one of "Jeannie" and I. I said, "Nah, I'm good." Other than Facebook, what would I do with it?

What do you guys do with the boat load of M&G pics you have?

rucifee

Because of Disney lack of capacity, they are actively telling folks who are either of modest means or value concience to take their money elsewhere. I have been wonder what business school teaches classes on how to run off paying customers.

You're right, I can personally swing a dinner like this on a whim, but why would I when I can do so much more with that $240 instead? I can see how they've priced out those of modest means, and frugal folks who just don't see value in spending that much for a mediocre dinner with CMs in suits. I think my children if they were still small would by far prefer a character greeting over something like this.

Speaking of dining, I tried to get an ADR for the better half and I last night in or around MK, but I decided I wasn't going to wait until 9:40PM for dinner. Restaurant capacity at WDW is sorely lacking or sorely mismanaged.

Last edited:

docdebbi

the article does not specify what time of the day this "dinner" begins, so what does this mean for the fantasmic package?
will the package only be in conjunction with the character dining (read as MUCH MORE EXPENSIVE), or will the package be only earlier in the day for lunch?

Disneyhead'71

They will never need them bc of supply and demand and what little the "poor" can pay... This is simple economics and is taught in business school...
They are not pricing out the "poor", they could NEVER afford WDW to begin with. They are pricing out the U.S. middle class. And after the next 9/11 or major recession, they will be begging domestic travelers, AKA the U.S. middle class, to come back.

Blairnicol

the article does not specify what time of the day this "dinner" begins, so what does this mean for the fantasmic package?
will the package only be in conjunction with the character dining (read as MUCH MORE EXPENSIVE), or will the package be only earlier in the day for lunch?
My guess would be both, with a pricer package for the later seating.

Fox&Hound

I think this looks great! Maybe it's not for everyone, but at least they are trying to consider some incentive to go to DHS next year. I won't be surprised at all to see more stuff like this pop up or everyone will just skip DHS until there is more to do and construction is finished.

ToTBellHop

Because of Disney lack of capacity, they are actively telling folks who are either of modest means or value concience to take their money elsewhere. I have been wonder what business school teaches classes on how to run off paying customers.
Which decade was Disney World NOT a luxury? Was in the 1970s when McDonald's employees could afford a room at the Contemporary or was that the 1980s?

You are eating a meal with freakin' Mickey and Mickey Mouse dressed in holiday costumes. That's a luxury and commands a high price. The poor and destitute can go get a Denny's. There is no shortage of people who will drop $250 on a meal like this. Especially the Halloween and Christmas versions.

Disneyhead'71

Which decade was Disney World NOT a luxury? Was in the 1970s when McDonald's employees could afford a room at the Contemporary or was that the 1980s?

You are eating a meal with freakin' Mickey and Mickey Mouse dressed in holiday costumes. That's a luxury and commands a high price. The poor and destitute can go get a Denny's. There is no shortage of people who will drop $250 on a meal like this. Especially the Halloween and Christmas versions.
I really didn't mean to go down this road.

The poor and destitute were never the Disney Demo. But Disney's price increases are far surpassing the inflation rate. Peoples salaries aren't even keeping pace with the rate of inflation. They are intentionally pricing out a portion the traditional Disney Demographic because of bad strategic planning and incompetent management that has created horrible capacity issues.

At this point though, it is pointless to talk about how we got here. Burbank has taken back control from TDO because of the mess they made. They have enacted a plan to fix the problems. And at this point they have no choice but to price people out until they can bring more capacity on line.

Last edited:

ToTBellHop

I really didn't mean to go down this road.

The poor and destitute were never the Disney Demo. But Disney's price increases are far surpassing the inflation rate. Peoples salaries aren't even keeping pace with the rate of inflation. They are intentionally pricing out a portion the traditional Disney Demographic because of bad strategic planning and incompetent management that has created horrible capacity issues.

At this point though, it is pointless to talk about how we got here. Burbank has taken back control from TDO because of the mess they made. They have enacted a plan to fix the problems. And at this point they have no choice but to price people out until they can bring more capacity on line.
Thank goodness Disney's out-pricing a large portion of the population has emptied out the over-crowded parks during the off season this year.

Oh, wait. October has been the new July.

You seem to suggest that prices will come back down once they open $2 bn in new attractions at DHS. To which I LOL.

Disneyhead'71

Thank goodness Disney's out-pricing a large portion of the population has emptied out the over-crowded parks during the off season this year.

Oh, wait. October has been the new July.

You seem to suggest that prices will come back down once they open $2 bn in new attractions at DHS. To which I LOL.
True, just think the chaos if they kept the price in line with inflation. They would have had to actually build something since DAK opened.

Oh, prices won't come back down. They will just increase the amount of free dining and room deals. Rack rate NEVER goes down.

And that's my last comment about pricing.

So about these "Seasonal" offerings. I think the rotating menu is a brilliant idea.

ToTBellHop

True, just think the chaos if they kept the price in line with inflation. They would have had to actually build something since DAK opened.

Oh, prices won't come back down. They will just increase the amount of free dining and room deals. Rack rate NEVER goes down.
I don't think they will have to increase free dining or room deals. They are VERY sparse now and there is, as you note, nothing new of note.

Can we blame Disney for charging a fortune if idiots like us keep coming back?

CaptainAmerica

They are not pricing out the "poor", they could NEVER afford WDW to begin with. They are pricing out the U.S. middle class. And after the next 9/11 or major recession, they will be begging domestic travelers, AKA the U.S. middle class, to come back.
It's better to sell one meal for $40 than two meals for $20. Way better.

DisneyFans4Life

I just booked a dinner reservation for my wife and I and our 20 month old for November 21st. $46.99 is a bit much...but I'll pay it for all you can eat and to see the characters all dressed up.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom