Holloywood Tower Hotel

Ariel

Original Poster
How cool would it be to have an actual hotel to stay in, on the basis of tower of terror? I've often thought something like that would be cool and it could be the start of the Studios hotels, seeing as that's the only park that doesn't have any hotels associated with it. They could all somehow be hollywood related, or something like that, starting with Hollywood Tower Hotel or something to that effect???

jay_london

Even if the TOT couldn't be made into a hotel what a great theme for a real hotel. Perhaps it could be the next on site disney hotel.
With balconies looking over spook infested lounges, as in HM.

Haunting noises at night, flickering lights, wow how spooky that would be.

jay

Brett

If the Tower of Terror was a hotel, I think it'd be great, except for the fact you could get no sleep at night. You'd be scared you were gonna die or something, that place is creepy. Plus you'd just wanna get up in the middle of the night and ride the ride some more :)

wdwmagic

Administrator
Premium Member
Imagineering and Eisner actually considered this during the design phase. It was to be an onsite resort/ride inside the park. However, the huge cost of ToT, jsut as it is now, and then combined with a resort made it totally inpractical. Space around that area was also a problem. (if you want to know more it is in Eisner book)

But I agree - it would be very cool to do! :)

woofboy111

Maybe if Disney builds a future ToT, at DCA or DS as rumored, a hotel could be put into one of these (if their ever built).

Also, Steve (WDWMAGIC), How did you put in that picture under your name? Or is that just a plus of being in charge of one of these boards?

Ariel

Original Poster
Thanks for that info Steve! I didn't know that at all. That's too bad though because it would have been pretty cool. Oh well...We'll still love them anyway :)

wdwmagic

Administrator
Premium Member
Originally posted by woofboy111
Maybe if Disney builds a future ToT, at DCA or DS as rumored, a hotel could be put into one of these (if their ever built).

Also, Steve (WDWMAGIC), How did you put in that picture under your name? Or is that just a plus of being in charge of one of these boards?

Go into your USERCP (at the top right of the screen), then goto Edit Options, then all the way down to the bottom, and you will see the options for AVATAR. This puts the picture to the left hand side. Anyone can have one.

Hope that helps!:)

Disney Maniac

Freaky idea...though I could definitly stay there. It would've made such an awesome hotel. In the park...the Jazz and Big Band Ages theming it...spookyness at every turn...heh heh, the maids and bell boys would look terrific!

Added bonus: Talk about getting into MGM early!

Tramp

Ariel...I was watching an old movie the other day and when they scanned the skyline of Los Angeles, there it was.....the HOLLYWOOD HOTEL. Does anyone know if this hotel still exists?:)

Ariel

Original Poster
Wow! I didn't know there was such a place - that is pretty cool! I would be interested to know if it still exists too...Hopefully without the same "story" as the one at MGM :)

woofboy111

I heard it's still there. Probably not with the story, and I don't think its the hollywood hotel any more. I think it's actually condos now. Correct me if I'm wrong!

Chad

I heard eisner was planning to do that for the new tower of terror that was to be put in at California Adventure, along with a new armegeddon stunt show, but those got scrapped due to low attendence.

What about making the hotel entrance from the back of the hotel, and instead of making it a creepy hotel, make it like the Hollywood hotel was supposed to be, all the glamour, all the glitzy show biz. I would love to go up and listen to the band play in the tip-top club! Just have the hotel the way it would be before the um, 'unfortunate accident'

Kontra

Chad, I too would like to see a "glamorous" version of TOT. I was thinking that maybe, with a little Disney know how, Imagineers could make the one face of the building, that faces Sunset, to appear as how it is now and make the other side, what would be the hotel entrance side, look like the glitzy hotel it originally was as in the story. Of course it's too late for MGM, but not for TDS or DCA.

Chad

Thats what I was thinking, leave the side facing sunset boulevard the same, but on the other sidde, put up another Hollywood Hotel sign, that is nice and lights up, build the missing towers, and extedn the hotel. I don't think it's too late, just addon to the hotel and they could build a terrace, overlooking fantasmic, imagine sitting on a big comfy couch, sipping cocoa and watching mickey defeat the dragon......Wow. They might have to change some roads if they wanted to build this hotel though at WDW

DisneyFreak

All those ideas are great and all but I don't think they could make the Hotel more than maybe three stories because I have a feeling there will be a lot of people taking the stairs in that Hotel. :D

Mikejakester

It sounds Great

It All sounds great.... But lets face it... More 50 % of the ppl that go to the parks are families...Now, would they risk to spend a night in a hotel like that with their children? All this creepy Thing scenery and noises at night.. sure it sounds awsome I would stay but what about the majority? would children like it? (probably brave ones)... would the Hotel live to it's financial expectations?

just a question that ran thru my mind...

the ceo at wdw

Great idea; but i think it would take to much to do all that. :

#1 reconstuction.
#2 possible closing of ride for how long it will take.
#3 if they had a hotel in the building it would be noisy and probably scary for everyone b.c. it just would be
#4 I'm pretty sure there is lots of stuff in the building thats taking up all the spare room ( ride equipment/ motors. etc.. ) And how would u get to the TIP TOP CLUB? how could u add a elavator where would u put it all the room is taken up ALL maybe some fake rooms with lights in them but thats alll U NEED TO RETHINK UR "GOOD" IDEA

later
Justin

wagner92

I may be wrong but I thought they WERE building TOT at California Adventure as exactly the kind of booster shot that the park needs in way of attendance. And it would be in the Hollywood part of DCA and it is probably not going to be a hotel that people can actually stay in... because of the, ahem, financial difficulties of Disney. But that would be the best.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom