Holidays at Walt Disney World Resort Hotels 2015

note2001

Beautiful, as always.

Would there be a place to compare the house side to side with itself over the years? I'd like to see what's changed in the design as it always looks pretty much the same.

wdwmagic

Administrator
Premium Member
Original Poster

Jason Lives

That's an awful lot of ingredients to make a gingerbread house.
Does anyone get to eat that or is it just for show?

If it's just for show that's an awful lot of wasted ingredients. Doesn't that sort of contradict the Environmental Conservation theme of Disney?

ToTBellHop

That's an awful lot of ingredients to make a gingerbread house.
Does anyone get to eat that or is it just for show?

If it's just for show that's an awful lot of wasted ingredients. Doesn't that sort of contradict the Environmental Conservation theme of Disney?
If you'd like to eat burnt cookie 7 weeks after it was baked, jump the ropes on 1/2/16.

Disney hardly has the environmentality they claim. Gas guzzling buses, soon-to-be three nightly firework shows, tremendous food waste from buffets, tens of thousands of tons of garbage every day, buildings heated and cooled with doors wide open. The entire property is dedicated to excess which we are consumers of. This is just a cookie house.

MinnieM123

Premium Member
The chefs that participated in the creation and design of this exquisite gingerbread house are true artists. They crafted a unique and beautiful attraction for so many guests to enjoy. This is such a lovely and happy holiday tradition in the lobby of the GF, and I'm glad to see it continue.

Jason Lives

Of course it was. Why am I NOT surprised? :banghead:

Oh give me a break. It's a gingerbread house, not the solution to end world hunger. And, by the way, there are a whole lot of other things at Disney that "contradict" environmental conservation.

But they are building a solar panel farm.

raymusiccity

The chefs that participated in the creation and design of this exquisite gingerbread house are true artists. They crafted a unique and beautiful attraction for so many guests to enjoy. This is such a lovely and happy holiday tradition in the lobby of the GF, and I'm glad to see it continue.

We were staying at Boardwalk Villas last week and were surprised that the Christmas decorations were running behind all of the other resort lobby's. Luckily, last Wednesday, the elves appeared and were hard at work putting together their gingerbread cottage (sales kiosk ).

Too bad they've definitely scaled back their display that once included a garden scale train circling a Chritmas village display.
image.jpeg

COProgressFan

We were staying at Boardwalk Villas last week and were surprised that the Christmas decorations were running behind all of the other resort lobby's. Luckily, last Wednesday, the elves appeared and were hard at work putting together their gingerbread cottage (sales kiosk ).

Too bad they've definitely scaled back their display that once included a garden scale train circling a Chritmas village display.
View attachment 120567

Didn't realize they got rid of that. What shame. Though not entirely surprising, sadly.

note2001

View attachment 120567
I think the shop looks to be gearing up far better than the sad excuse for a shop (more like a box) they had when we were there a few years back, but I'm very surprised to hear that they did away with the Christmas scene. It's a fairly cramped lobby with it though, and we wouldn't want to detract from the oddball/scary chairs with faces LOL.

hpyhnt 1000

View attachment 120567

Sigh...of course they cut that. But I'm sure the couple thousand dollars they saved in decoration costs was totally necessary to keep WDW solvent. After all, the place barely makes money these days!

How about the rest of the Epcot resorts? I remember Yacht, Beach, Swan, and Dolphin EACH had their own train displays years back. Is the carrousel at least still put up at the Beach Club?

raymusiccity

Sigh...of course they cut that. But I'm sure the couple thousand dollars they saved in decoration costs was totally necessary to keep WDW solvent. After all, the place barely makes money these days!

How about the rest of the Epcot resorts? I remember Yacht, Beach, Swan, and Dolphin EACH had their own train displays years back. Is the carrousel at least still put up at the Beach Club?

Beach Club lobby was bare when we ate at Cape May last Sunday.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom