Holidays at the Magic Kingdom 2015

JohnD

Did they announce dates for A Frozen Holiday Wish or Jingle Cruise?

No earlier than November 2 (November 1 is the last MNSSHP) and no later than November 8 (the first MVMCP). Granted both the Holiday Wish and Jingle Cruise are done irrespective of the MVMCP but MK has to be decorated for Christmas for these to occur.

ChristianG

Shoot. I guess there's no chance of seeing Cinderella's Holiday Wish anytime soon. It's a shame, it was a really nice presentation. I mean, don't get me wrong, I think combining the projections + dream lights is a great idea and it did look very cool last year. I just wish it was the fairy godmother instead of Elsa/Anna. Whatever, though. Wasn't really expecting them to immediately stop doing the Frozen version after only one year.

Lynn Stephens

I'm looking forward to seeing it during my visit. I'm more interested in the projections and lighting than the characters. I've never been on the Jingle Cruise and I am excited to see it. Looking forward for official dates on both those.

habuma

It's gone into January every year in recent memory, sometimes all the way to the Marathon. Only Epcot finished in December. Osborne lights are through 1/3/16 this year for example.

Yep. We were there through Marathon Weekend 2015 and it was still very Christmas-y everywhere we went, including the Jingle Cruise and the Holiday Wish.

Jahona

I hope Cinderella is making a killing off of leasing her castle to the two Arendelle girls. I thought the effects last year were great but it irks me that they kinda brush who's castle it is under the rug so to say. I can think of several ways to intro the show with Cinderella that would make it have better continuity with the area.

JediMasterMatt

During the 2nd week of last year's Frozen Holiday Wish, one of the live entertainment managers for MK and I were talking just prior to the start of that nights performance and she told me that the show was just approved for renewal that day for it's return this year. So, it coming back shouldn't be a surprise to anyone. On that trip last November, each night for the Castle lighting was close to pandemonium for guests and crowd control Cast Members thanks to all of the construction around the Hub. One night was the closest thing I've ever seen to a fist fight breaking out at WDW when someone tried to squeeze their brood into the front of a taped off section to the dismay of the guests that were already waiting 3 hours for the spot.

I'm just awaiting for next year's surprising news that Disney is taken aback by the huge demand for the Frozen ride. "We didn't know that it would be so popular that the wait is 3 hours." We know TDO... math IS hard.

MissM

I know everyone is down on Frozen, but I saw it last year and thought it was a cute show. It fit very well into the concept of the "icicle" lighting on the Castle. *shrugs* There's certainly worse ways to shoehorn Frozen into things but this seemed like an easy fit to me.

ToTBellHop

I know everyone is down on Frozen, but I saw it last year and thought it was a cute show. It fit very well into the concept of the "icicle" lighting on the Castle. *shrugs* There's certainly worse ways to shoehorn Frozen into things but this seemed like an easy fit to me.
To me the Frozen castle lighting is the best incorporation of the film into the parks that we've seen.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom