Holiday Overlay for Toy Story Mania

EPCOTPluto

I imagine that a holiday overlay for the attraction, is a bit more involved than hanging some tinsel & pre-lit garlands from the rafters of the show building. In order to bring this to the game experience, there will likely have to be a whole new show programmed, which will cost a lot of $$$ and time from the team that wrote the original ride programs and annimation.
But knowing how things operate around at WDW & TDO, they may just stick to the exterior... :lookaroun

_Scar

There's no doubt that this was a big thing they touted when they were promoting the attraction. But I'm worried that it is one of those things that's POSSIBLE... But then happens VERY rarely, if at all. I could see it get pushed off to the side and almost forgotten about.

I mean... They COULD have all the effects working at Everest, too. But they don't. :shrug:

It's hard to close Everest for even a day...

Buried20KLeague

It's hard to close Everest for even a day...

I think you're missing the point... I just used Everest as an example.

My point is that there are all kinds of things all around property that they COULD do to enhance guest experience (which is really what we're talking about with TSM holiday overlays), but often times they don't.

And when they don't, it's because there's usually a cost associated with it, and they probably believe the guest wouldn't even notice the difference anyway. Whether that's the right way to view it or not is debateable, but that's neither here nor there.

For example, they could fix the crazy off timing between the audio and the Figmet AA in the audio scene (drives me crazy every time) of JIYI, but they don't. And that could be done third shift. But they don't do it.

That's a bad example, but the first one that popped into my head that kinda fit.

SirGoofy

Eh, I guess this could be cool.

I'd still rather have Haunted Mansion Holiday or Small World Holiday though. But of course, that would complete decimate people's vacations and kid's childhoods, so that'll never happen.

Animaniac93-98

Eh, I guess this could be cool.

I'd still rather have Haunted Mansion Holiday or Small World Holiday though. But of course, that would complete decimate people's vacations and kid's childhoods, so that'll never happen.

Surveys apparently show that guests would rip out their eyeballs with spoons if it were to happen. :lookaroun

_Scar

I think you're missing the point... I just used Everest as an example.

My point is that there are all kinds of things all around property that they COULD do to enhance guest experience (which is really what we're talking about with TSM holiday overlays), but often times they don't.

And when they don't, it's because there's usually a cost associated with it, and they probably believe the guest wouldn't even notice the difference anyway. Whether that's the right way to view it or not is debateable, but that's neither here nor there.

For example, they could fix the crazy off timing between the audio and the Figmet AA in the audio scene (drives me crazy every time) of JIYI, but they don't. And that could be done third shift. But they don't do it.

That's a bad example, but the first one that popped into my head that kinda fit.

Well, I don't think they'd fix things n Everest for a few days because DAK needs Everest and without it it might ruin some people's days. Not good guest experience. :/

_Scar

Neither is running a ride with 75% of it's effects broken.

Show trumps Efficiency.

For MOST people, what EE has right now is fine. I bet most people expecting to get on EE and have been anticipating it for quite a while would be very sad/mad.

Is there a working list of all the effects missing? It's hard to believe EE is that screwed up.

SirGoofy

For MOST people, what EE has right now is fine. I bet most people expecting to get on EE and have been anticipating it for quite a while would be very sad/mad.

Is there a working list of all the effects missing? It's hard to believe EE is that screwed up.

Guess what? There were things not open when I went as a kid. I dealt with it. I was fine. People have this unrealistic feeling of entitlement, and it's ridiculous.

EE Broken Effects
-Yeti AA
-Waterfall
-Mountain Mist
-Bird on a Stick
-Load Steam

EE Working Effects
-Projection
-Waterfall 2

2 outta 7 sure ain't good.

Master Yoda

Pro Star Wars geek.
Premium Member
Guess what? There were things not open when I went as a kid. I dealt with it. I was fine. People have this unrealistic feeling of entitlement, and it's ridiculous.

EE Broken Effects
-Yeti AA
-Waterfall
-Mountain Mist
-Bird on a Stick
-Load Steam

EE Working Effects
-Projection
-Waterfall 2

2 outta 7 sure ain't good.
While I would be the first to agree that all of the effects should be working you have to admit that aside from the Yeti 90% of the guests in the park would never notice. It is a shame to because I fear that the only way this stuff will ever get fixed is id there is a dally parade of people in guest services complaining about them.

On a side note. I don't get the anger about the absence of the bird on the stick. I remember when E:E opened people complained left and right that it was an incredibly stupid part of the attraction. I even remember one poster comparing it to the Yackoose at AC.

One Lil Spark

EPCOT Center Defender
Holiday overlay for TSMM? Great!

Can we please consider bringing back CBJ's holiday overlay too, though? How hard could that be? :hammer:

SirGoofy

While I would be the first to agree that all of the effects should be working you have to admit that aside from the Yeti 90% of the guests in the park would never notice. It is a shame to because I fear that the only way this stuff will ever get fixed is id there is a dally parade of people in guest services complaining about them.

The optimist in me believe that there's no way in hell they won't fix the yeti. I was watching the travel channel yesterday, and in every Animal Kingdom segment, they bragged about how advanced he is, and showed hime swiping his arm every chance they got.

But then the realist in me realizes how much they hate to spend money, when they can just as easily fool the guests into thinking that's the way it's supposed to be.

On a side note. I don't get the anger about the absence of the bird on the stick. I remember when E:E opened people complained left and right that it was an incredibly stupid part of the attraction. I even remember one poster comparing it to the Yackoose at AC.

Yea, it's dumb. But it's still broken.:lol:

_Scar

While there at it, they should make Splash Mountain with a holiday theme. Put Santa hats on all the AA's and hang up a few hundred wreaths. BAM. Holiday Splash Mountain.

Master Yoda

Pro Star Wars geek.
Premium Member
Holiday overlay for TSMM? Great!

Can we please consider bringing back CBJ's holiday overlay too, though? How hard could that be? :hammer:
No. Did you not read SirGoffy's post about vacations being ruined and little kids being mentally scared? Please try to keep up.:rolleyes::lol:

_Scar

Fine..... REFURB EE. You win.
:sohappy:

I'd love for all those effects to work, but I don't exactly know what the bird on a stick is. Youtube vid?

hokielutz

We'll see, although it does seem simple. This was supposedly one of the big selling points on Star Tours when it was launched, that it would be very easy to update over time. We see how often that's actually happened.

But, Disney/Pixar owns the content of the animation... And the changes could be like ordering a couple of CA 'Shorts.' One does not have to ask George Lucas and ILM to put together sets and props and film new flight sequences.

EpcotServo

A: Yes, it's true that Midway Mania is designed for that.

B: I would extremely lower any hopes you may have about it happening, for this year at least.

hokielutz

Wasn't the bird on a stick supposed to be a functional element that scares 'Real' birds from landing on the mountain peaks & relieving themselves at top of the pass... and not a real show element??

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom