HM - Day 2 Q&A

DisneyDellsDude

Too bad they aren't keeping the air puffs.:(
From that one "test" someone went to, it sounded like something really cool.
Also, why aren't the gargs' heads moving back and fourth?

SweetMagic

Oh Meyla Weyla
So I was there today at 9am and the HM was closed temporarily. I was about to be really not happy because of having the AP Priority Access and all, but I decided to go on Pirates first and give it a few minutes before freaking out.

When we went back at 9:30 it was open. The regular queue line was on the left hand side through one gate, and the AP entrance gate was between the regular queue and the exit gate. You wound around past the hearse and met up with the regular queue just before the turnstile. There was never more than a 5 minute wait for passholders while I was there, which was twice at 9:30 and once again at 11:30. The regular queue, however, kept getting longer as the morning progressed, and looked to be about 20 mins or so by noon.

wonka

Too bad they aren't keeping the air puffs.:(
From that one "test" someone went to, it sounded like something really cool.
Also, why aren't the gargs' heads moving back and fourth?

If you're referring to the "test" where bats supposedly appeared to fly down in the stretching room followed by gusts of air (along with the gargoyle heads moving, actually) that entire post was a complete fabrication by the poster.

If I remember correctly, the poster was promptly banned from the board (and had been before under other usernames?).

TarzanRocked99-

Just got back from MK. The portraits in the attic still are not working and the busts are still out of sync. Everything else was fantastic, 2 quick questions though,
the pics in the load area obviously are replicas of the old sinister 11 portraits, but are they the originals ? because I did not notice the hollowed out eyes and they do not seem to follow you.

I can see the gargoyles in the stretch room are new, but I was under the impression that they were to move a bit?

Anybody know

wdwmagic

Administrator
Premium Member
Just got back from MK. The portraits in the attic still are not working and the busts are still out of sync. Everything else was fantastic, 2 quick questions though,
the pics in the load area obviously are replicas of the old sinister 11 portraits, but are they the originals ? because I did not notice the hollowed out eyes and they do not seem to follow you.

I can see the gargoyles in the stretch room are new, but I was under the impression that they were to move a bit?

Anybody know

No they wernt set to move. Disney put out an interview where they talked about the Gargoyles playing, but it was talking about audio (also same with the bats). There was never moving gargoyles or bats. Parts of the the Interent community wrongly interpreted the interview as meaning animatronics.

DisneyDellsDude

If you're referring to the "test" where bats supposedly appeared to fly down in the stretching room followed by gusts of air (along with the gargoyle heads moving, actually) that entire post was a complete fabrication by the poster.

If I remember correctly, the poster was promptly banned from the board (and had been before under other usernames?).

Ok. I kind of missed the gossip about what all happened. Then I'm not sad anymore if that stuff was not even supposed to happen.:)

Capt. Salty

I still can't believe people are complaining about the line.

Guys, you have no idea, that line is nothing compared to how pirates was when it reopened, and it is much shorter than the last week that HM was open before it's refurbishment. A 45 minute queue for a newly refurbished classic ride is nothing! I felt lucky that it was so short!

From what I saw, passholders joined the line with everyone else, but were pulled into a seperate line along the side at a certain point and pulled into the building infront of the regular line in large groups (similar to how fastpass works at the other attractions, as to how it "merges", with large groups being pulled out of a long looking line, which actually flows rather quickly.)

The line is always deceiving. Yes, it is an omnimover, but the line doesn't flow that way because the line has to stop each time they close the doors and reopen them for a new group to bring inside. Not sure if I am making sense... I'm trying. :)

Now if I am mistaken and the line did move slowly... all I have to say is... what did you expect?
Of course it is going to be longer than it was before, it's something new and popular.
All points well-taken and explained!

camithepirate

migh tbe a bit out of place, but i got confused readin other HM opening baords. Does WDW have plans to move jack into the mansion? i wouldnt think so but i thought i read that somewhere. :shrug:

Monty

Brilliant...and Canadian
In the Parks
No
migh tbe a bit out of place, but i got confused readin other HM opening baords. Does WDW have plans to move jack into the mansion? i wouldnt think so but i thought i read that somewhere. :shrug:
Haven't heard that one. Can't imagine how he could possibly be incorporated into HM.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom