HM - Day 2 Q&A

Dr Albert Falls

Original Poster
How did today's AP "priority access" work today at HM? Long lines?

Also, we heard yesterday about the Constance portraits not working yet, the missing "hitchhiking ghosts" narration, raven audio missing, and this rumored "air blast". Any updates on those today?

wdwmagic

Administrator
Premium Member
The audio is going to be looked at over the next week by WDI. They had to open without fully completing the fine tuning.
Lighting is still being worked on, same as with the audio, more fine tuning is needed.
The portraits are having issues, and are being looked at.
The air blast doesnt seem to exist from the information I have.

CaptainMichael

The Ghost Host said "Beware hitchhiking ghosts" all three times I rode. And when you get out, he says something about lifting the bar for you and a ghost will be following you home.

Also, air blast is no longer in the plans according to my information either.

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
Let`s give a big shout for the 3rd shift; they`ll need it over the next week or two. Some schedules can`t be moved (see Disneyland, Walt Disney World, EPCOT Center, PotC....)

I`m chasing up the airblast too - if it was shelved or mothballed.

XSTech

The airblast was considered but will not be added. The only feeling you'll be getting is the thump from the newly-installed subwoofers, which is good enough for me!

brkgnews

Let`s give a big shout for the 3rd shift; they`ll need it over the next week or two. Some schedules can`t be moved (see Disneyland, Walt Disney World, EPCOT Center, PotC....)

I`m chasing up the airblast too - if it was shelved or mothballed.
Here's to the ones who work ungodly hours! Martin, have you gotten to the part of Building a Better Mouse where Steve Alcorn talks about sleeping in the pit at American Adventure just so they could get it done on time? That was when they were working eighten and 20-hour shifts to get EPCOT open.

And lest we forget the time when one of the biggies at Magic Kingdom's construction period (can't remember if it was Roy O Disney, Joe Fowler, or one of the others) replaced the train station clock with a disc that said "REMEMBER. OCTOBER 1, 1971"

Irrawaddy Erik

Went ride again today a few things I realized/noticed:
  • The hands coming out from behind the door are gone.
  • The eyes right after the Stairways to Beyond some of them move and looked like they follow the doombuggies as they pass.
  • The Singing Busts in the graveyard were out of sync.
  • The mummy and the monotone chorus audio tracks are back in full glory, and they are beautiful.
  • Finally the ghost host spiel about the Hitchhiking Ghosts did play today.

backinaction

I am currently writing this from the4th floor of disneyquest. The line for HM yesterday was absolutley absurd. I heard that the AP line for HM was longer then the standby, but i didn't even bother going back to see

EpcotServo

Went ride again today a few things I realized/noticed:
  • The hands coming out from behind the door are gone.
  • The eyes right after the Stairways to Beyond some of them move and looked like they follow the doombuggies as they pass.
  • The Singing Busts in the graveyard were out of sync.
  • The mummy and the monotone chorus audio tracks are back in full glory, and they are beautiful.
  • Finally the ghost host spiel about the Hitchhiking Ghosts did play today.
Was the head-less portraits working yet?
Cause' I can't wait to see them. They made wonder "How do they do that?", and they weren't even working!
:lol:

celestia

I still can't believe people are complaining about the line.

Guys, you have no idea, that line is nothing compared to how pirates was when it reopened, and it is much shorter than the last week that HM was open before it's refurbishment. A 45 minute queue for a newly refurbished classic ride is nothing! I felt lucky that it was so short!

From what I saw, passholders joined the line with everyone else, but were pulled into a seperate line along the side at a certain point and pulled into the building infront of the regular line in large groups (similar to how fastpass works at the other attractions, as to how it "merges", with large groups being pulled out of a long looking line, which actually flows rather quickly.)

The line is always deceiving. Yes, it is an omnimover, but the line doesn't flow that way because the line has to stop each time they close the doors and reopen them for a new group to bring inside. Not sure if I am making sense... I'm trying. :)

Now if I am mistaken and the line did move slowly... all I have to say is... what did you expect?
Of course it is going to be longer than it was before, it's something new and popular.

CSUFSteve

The Ghost Host said "Beware hitchhiking ghosts" all three times I rode. And when you get out, he says something about lifting the bar for you and a ghost will be following you home.

I'm confused, was this NOT part of MK's Mansion before?? I'd have to go back and watch my video of MK's Mansion, but this has always been in DL's. Was this "lost audio" or something?

LongtimeReader

It was always there, perhaps the poster never realized it before. But with the hitchhiking ghosts spiel missing, that would then be the first time you hear the ghost host again after the ballroom scene, so it would stand out a lot more I'd think.

Jerm

I'm confused, was this NOT part of MK's Mansion before?? I'd have to go back and watch my video of MK's Mansion, but this has always been in DL's. Was this "lost audio" or something?

If you read the OP there was a comment about that line not working. They are not saying it was never there, someone was asking if it is working.

I just can't wait to get there in December and see it all

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom