HKDL gets new castle, frozen land and marvel land.

Supersnow84

Paris should have just modernised de La Terre a La lune, I have no idea why they threw the baby out with the bath water with that because now the only standout part of Paris is the launch

Agree that besides HK Orlando’s is by far the worst

Supersnow84

Anaheims HSM is worse than HK with the first 1/3 of the battle projections usually missing
That I wouldn’t know; I’ve somehow managed to miss hyperspace mountain at Disneyland like the last 3 times I went so it’s been years since I’ve seen hyperspace mountain

I’m more just judging them on the queue line in general; the ride vehicle and the track

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
That I wouldn’t know; I’ve somehow managed to miss hyperspace mountain at Disneyland like the last 3 times I went so it’s been years since I’ve seen hyperspace mountain

I’m more just judging them on the queue line in general; the ride vehicle and the track
HKDLs queue and load seems testament to the parks original budget; track and car wise they should be equal assuming maintenance has been too. I’ll be able to compare the two very soon :)

Last edited:

IMDREW

IMG_8737.jpeg

Absolutely love the blending of the real mountains with the land.

Animaniac93-98

Absolutely love the blending of the real mountains with the land.

They nailed the integration with the natural environment and appropriately scaled the land with the rest of the park, two things Disney has not been doing so well with of late. Not having any giant boxes and and IP land in the right place, in the right park is nice to see....along with real park expansion.

Henry Mystic

Author of "A Manor of Fact"
They nailed the integration with the natural environment and appropriately scaled the land with the rest of the park, two things Disney has not been doing so well with of late. Not having any giant boxes and and IP land in the right place, in the right park is nice to see....along with real park expansion.
It's actually unreal. Probably the best themed Disney land (albeit small) since Cars Land.

choco choco

this land looks amazing. the sweeping views from the coaster area looking into the town/castle at the 4:20 mark show how beautiful this is. oh man i wish something like this was in USA

Pretty good! I still think the scale of the buildings is so massive, making all the architectural detailing massive too. I really wish they'd tone it down there. Especially in the town square area, it would just make the castle pop so much more. Right now the roofline of the town buildings pretty closely matches the roofline of the castle, and I wish they had squeezed an extra storefront onto the facade (shrinking the width of the others), just to make that row of buildings more doll-house scale. The covered pavilion in the center is a misfire. Proportions are janky and ceiling way too high.

Supersnow84

They would have to have a solid plan for that expansion pad before they would bother considering to do that

Considering that town facades are a dime a dozen there is no reason to specifically build that corner of the town to cover a potential future expansion pad when they have zero plans for said expansion (unless they are using the expansion money for it but that’s very dubious)

lazyboy97o

They would have to have a solid plan for that expansion pad before they would bother considering to do that

Considering that town facades are a dime a dozen there is no reason to specifically build that corner of the town to cover a potential future expansion pad when they have zero plans for said expansion (unless they are using the expansion money for it but that’s very dubious)
There would not have to be a solid plan and it is something a forward looking designer would consider. You can look at recent projects to determine a prototypical building volume, something Disney already has and uses in their master planning exercises like DisneylandForward, and respond to that criteria. It won’t cover every possibility but it can cover enough to be meaningful. Doing the work now could also influence future work on the expansion. Paying for new facades isn’t really that likely and you don’t want to risk something that might negatively impact the space and scale of the place. More limited modifications would be more likely to receive approval as part of the expansion work than a more extensive project. The expansion plan is also just more likely to respect the facades if they provide a reasonable volume to work with and then there would be no need for modifications.

Timothy_Q

The land looks stunning

I would say it feels like an IP version of Cape Cod at TDS in terms of scale, atmosphere and attention to detail, while also giving Fantasyland a much needed 2nd dark ride and the park's first kiddie coaster (that makes barnstormer look even more terrible by comparison)

Yes we all want an E ticket but I think this fits HKD perfectly

Last edited:

Animaniac93-98

World of Frozen makes me wish that TDS had just stuck with its Scandinavian port plan instead of trying to mix 3 IPs together in one area. Frozen has the scenery and architecture to stand on its own and create a lush environment, and I'm not convinced the faux rockwork in Fantasy Springs is going to blend or hide the 3 movies together very well (to say nothing of the massive hotel with its own look...as I said before the hotel could have been the town of Arrendelle itself).

Rush

World of Frozen makes me wish that TDS had just stuck with its Scandinavian port plan instead of trying to mix 3 IPs together in one area. Frozen has the scenery and architecture to stand on its own and create a lush environment, and I'm not convinced the faux rockwork in Fantasy Springs is going to blend or hide the 3 movies together very well (to say nothing of the massive hotel with its own look...as I said before the hotel could have been the town of Arrendelle itself).

The Frozen area will probably be hurt the most. The scale and forced perspective of the castle and mountain will look off next to the ̶u̶g̶l̶y̶ ̶ hotel.

Chef idea Mickey`=

In an ideal world, they would knock it down, and build a proper Beauty & the Beast ride where the Circus tents are.

That would mean move everything Beauty and The Beast over there! If they did that then Be Our Guest can turn into Arrendale Castle and Gaston's can become part of Arendelle. My alternative suggestion was put World of Frozen where the circus tents area but prefer where Be Our Guest currently is 😄

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom