HISTA Rehab

Matpez

A wait time is forced for HISTA is it not?
I believe they no longer run the film back to back, but instead leave a gap of time in order to build up a queue.

Either way, I agree I love Tough to be a Bug, Muppets and Philiarmagic, but I never go to HISTA.

TOTGuy

A wait time is forced for HISTA is it not?
I believe they no longer run the film back to back, but instead leave a gap of time in order to build up a queue.

Either way, I agree I love Tough to be a Bug, Muppets and Philiarmagic, but I never go to HISTA.

It really depends on the day/attendance. I saw them running mostly full set shows just about all summer. When continuous shows are being run they are always full. The fastpass isn't always necesitated as it mostly serves as a reservation for the show. I still like HISTA but I don't like Philharmagic and ITTBAB. I can't stand the preshow as it is basically a 10 minute commercial for Kodak but I still love the safety briefing/spiels as they are really funny. It all depends on taste and Honey movies are classics so people still recognize that brand. :animwink:

I last saw HISTA last Oct and it was packed, so packed that we had to see the next showing, although it is very old I always make a point to see it. But I do agree the preshow is so terribly long... I mean we get it kodak is a sponsor.

TomorrowlandTyler

I can't see that being true.

Stitch IS popular and does get lines often.

It may be unpopular with some of you, but it's popular with the majority of the guests.

A 5-10 Min wait all Summer long is not popular compared to other attractions.

It had a 40 minute wait midday on the 17th.

The only time SGE has a "longer" wait is when they are running only one high security chamber.

CarlHS

Not with the attraction itself but with the Fast Pass System at Stitch. The contract was to have Fast Pass at Stitch for 5 years, leaving it to expire in 2009.

Can you elaborate on these contracts?

I don't see Disney contracting with itself and not being able to discontinue the agreement. They build walk away clauses into most contracts.

Didn't they close down the FP at Haunted Mansion?

Please elaborate....

DisneySaint

HISTA is still a D-Ticket level attraction whether people want to admit it or not. I, as much as the next guy, would love to see a refurb but this attraction is just still too popular.

cymbaldiva

September 10th - You've got to be kidding me!

I get there September 11th :mad: Surely if there was a rehab scheduled for 2 weeks away that would already be published on the Disney site, wouldn't it?

JeffH

Could they be upgrading it to Disney 3D?

Could they be upgrading it to Disney 3D?
That would be awesome, and well overdue (for all of the 3D movies)

gettingsmaller

September 10th - You've got to be kidding me!

I get there September 11th :mad: Surely if there was a rehab scheduled for 2 weeks away that would already be published on the Disney site, wouldn't it?

Yeah... at this point, if it is down during those times, I will be convinced that someone at Disney is against me personally. We will be there 9/11 through 9/22. First, SSE, then RnRC, then Donald's boat, then Astro Orbiter, NOW possibly HISTA. I'm starting to think that they'd also arrange a hurricane if they had the power... they've probably got the cruise ships out in the ocean right now doing circles as fast as they can...:eek:

Eyorefan

Yeah... at this point, if it is down during those times, I will be convinced that someone at Disney is against me personally. We will be there 9/11 through 9/22. First, SSE, then RnRC, then Donald's boat, then Astro Orbiter, NOW possibly HISTA. I'm starting to think that they'd also arrange a hurricane if they had the power... they've probably got the cruise ships out in the ocean right now doing circles as fast as they can...:eek:

:eek: Donald's boat will be down!?! Now they have gone too far!

lilclerk

At least you'll have the new and improved Haunted Mansion!
That cruise ship line made me :lol:

TestTrack

Personally, I feel HISTA is more of a movie than an attraction. ITTBAB, Muppets 4D and Mickey's Philharmagic's technology has passed up HISTA and left it in the dust. I don't see the film anymore either as there are a ton of other things to do in Epcot.

The sad part is HISTA came AFTER muppets

Dizknee_Phreek

I do feel that HISTA needs an update with a new film...although I have no idea what they could change it to. I guess if they wanted to stick with an idea based on a movie they could do Meet the Robinsons. That would fit the theme pretty well, I think (without me seeing the movie). But the Honey franchise was just played out and is too early 90's. Even when they made it I felt like it was already kind of old news.
I only saw HISTA once when it first opened (which even then I didn't watch it cause I didn't like 3D movies when I was a kid). Actually, I think I've seen all the 3D movies only once except MV3D. I did like ITTBAB and MPHM...but I just haven't felt compelled to see them again.
But I do feel HISTA is terribly dated. On the other hand...that movie was popular when my generation was little. Now we're getting to the age of having families of our own, so my generation is probably taking their families to WDW and sharing something with their kids that they loved as kids. So maybe that's why it's still popular.

RSoxNo1

I was under the impression that this show was going to be closing with the rumored refurbishment of the imagination pavilion? I can't imagine this will be too expansive a refurbishment if the plan is to then close the attraction completely or replace it with a different show in the near future.

Austin1

Haha!

I can't see that being true.

Stitch IS popular and does get lines often.

It may be unpopular with some of you, but it's popular with the majority of the guests.

I'm sorry, but how often are you in the Magic Kingdom? I worked there over the entire summer and I don't think I ever saw a line longer than 20 mins...EVER.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom