HISTA Rehab

EPCOT_1138

Original Poster
I don't think that anyone else has posted this, but this was on ScreamScape today...

Park News - (8/27/07) It’s not listed yet on the Walt Disney World website, but we’ve heard that Honey, I Shrunk The Audience will go down for a planned rehab from 9/10/07 to 9/23/07.

Could a new film be in the works?

Teenchy

I have not seen HISTA in probably 5 or more years....does it still draw a crowd?? I wish they would come up with something new but I know that is wishful thinking if it still draws well.

JWG

I have not seen HISTA in probably 5 or more years....does it still draw a crowd?? I wish they would come up with something new but I know that is wishful thinking if it still draws well.

Hard to say if it's popular or not. During our July visit the fastpass return times were fairly quick (within the timing of the next show) and the standby also looked to be able to get you in the next show. That leads me to believe not popular.

Though, the fact FP is operating and that HISTA shows during extended magic hours suggests otherwise.

We didn't go as I'm getting tired of 3D movies as attractions. With Mickey's Philharmagic, Tought to be a Bug, Muppets 3D, et al I didn't see the point. Though, at least Disney keeps it to one per park for the most part. We did Universal and saw Shrek 4D, Terminator 3D and I swear I'm forgetting a 3rd. Though Terminator with the live action was very good.

mitchk

I read that eariler on Screamscape, but with them you never know, but they have been right on a few things as of late. I was planning on seeing HISTA this September (I've skipped it the last 2 times I was there) If it doe's get a new screen will that improve the 3D effects? To tell you the truth, I wouldn't mind seeing it close down, and make way for a new 3D movie. What kid really knows about the Honey I Shrunk the Kids movies anyway? :shrug:

lilclerk

I saw it in February. The theatre was just about full.

RiversideBunny

I am having a difficult time figuring out why :

I am tired of seeing HISTA and don't go anymore,

but I do still go see 'It's Tough To Be A Bug' and will continue to go to it.

It's like certain movies, I guess. There are some movies that you can just see over and over and still enjoy them.

:king:

ToTBellHop

It's like certain movies, I guess. There some movies that you can just see over and over and still enjoy them.

just like the movies they put in normal theatres...

WDWCP

The fact the an attraction is still utilizing Fast Pass does not mean that it is popular, example: Stitch. The only real reason that Stitch still has FP is because of contractual obligations.

What kind of contractual obligations would there be for Stitch?

DisneyNut2007

The fact the an attraction is still utilizing Fast Pass does not mean that it is popular, example: Stitch. The only real reason that Stitch still has FP is because of contractual obligations.

I can't see that being true.

Stitch IS popular and does get lines often.

It may be unpopular with some of you, but it's popular with the majority of the guests.

Epcot82Guy

I can't see that being true.

Stitch IS popular and does get lines often.

It may be unpopular with some of you, but it's popular with the majority of the guests.

With all due respect, I have made three trips to WDW at three times of the year since SGE opened. I have yet to see a wait beyond 10 minutes posted for the attraction, and it is usually 5. Not trying to create a debate, but I just have heard but not seen this.

Anyway, back to HISTA. I honestly hope this isn't true ONLY because I hope that a full upgrade of IMAG is in the works soon.

JML42691

With all due respect, I have made three trips to WDW at three times of the year since SGE opened. I have yet to see a wait beyond 10 minutes posted for the attraction, and it is usually 5. Not trying to create a debate, but I just have heard but not seen this.

Anyway, back to HISTA. I honestly hope this isn't true ONLY because I hope that a full upgrade of IMAG is in the works soon.
It had a 40 minute wait midday on the 17th.

raven

It's like certain movies, I guess. There are some movies that you can just see over and over and still enjoy them.

Personally, I feel HISTA is more of a movie than an attraction. ITTBAB, Muppets 4D and Mickey's Philharmagic's technology has passed up HISTA and left it in the dust. I don't see the film anymore either as there are a ton of other things to do in Epcot.

NWDMD

New film? What they need is an old film :sohappy:
I also skip HISTA. I get tired of some of the Disney effects (water in the face or the not-so-skunky smells next door). I do enjoy Philharmagic though, I wish more disney attractions would include the classic disney tunes. Although I wouldn't mind going retro back to the days of Captain Eo in place of HISTA

Movie_eo_poster.jpg

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom