Trip Report Hippity Hoppity Easter Disneyland Solo Report

Hello, and welcome to my little trip report about my recent solo trip to Disneyland!

Background: I usually travel to Disney with my husband, but I've taken a couple solo trips to WDW. This year since I have the Premier Passport I decided to take my solo trip to Disneyland.

Who: Me (Amy)

Dates: April 13-17 2017

Hotel: Best Western Park Place Inn & Mini-Suites (located directly across from the crosswalk to Disneyland)

Everyone is welcome to read and comment on my report but I will tag a few people on here who I remember following my other reports..... @figmentfan423 @MinnieM123 @Cesar R M @donaldtoo @MySmallWorldof4 @MOXOMUMD @JenniferS @PacNWTigger @Tuvalu @Gabe1 @betty rose @Songbird76 @sheriffwoody @bee @blgauger @BuddyThomas @fractal @93boomer @MouseDreaming @Wrangler-Rick @PUSH @Mr Ferret 88

ajrwdwgirl

Premium Member
Original Poster
And soon it was time to leave.
IMG_4106.JPG

But before I left I ran into these folks on Main Street.
IMG_4135.JPG

IMG_4137.JPG

On the way back to the hotel
IMG_8428.JPG

IMG_8430.JPG

Time to pick up my luggage and meet the Uber driver.
IMG_8431.JPG

After my Uber driver came it was only 15 minutes to the airport (SNA). Time to fly!
IMG_8434.JPG

IMG_4141.JPG

Up in the air.
IMG_4142.JPG

ajrwdwgirl

Premium Member
Original Poster
A couple of pictures from the air. I had a quick stop in Salt Lake City before continuing on to Minneapolis. When I landed in Salt Lake City I was mildly annoyed for 2 reasons:
1. our plane was a little late so I didn't have time to grab any decent food
2. my student teacher texted that she was "sick" and wouldn't be able to come to school tomorrow. My flight was coming in around midnight so I was going to be super tired, I was banking on her to run the show.

Anyway....another picture with the Pacific in it this time
IMG_4144.JPG

Somewhere over the desert
IMG_4148.JPG

Coming into Salt Lake City
IMG_4152.JPG

And a glimpse of Great Salt Lake
IMG_4154.JPG

IMG_4155.JPG

And just a couple quick Photo Pass pictures to wrap up.

DCA_CARSCHAR2_20170415_8006669141.jpeg

DLPCA_NEWORLEANSTRAINICON_20170416_8008014977.jpeg

It was a fantastic Disneyland trip and I can't wait to return in July. This time I will be bringing the hubs with.

Thanks for reading my trip report!

MinnieM123

Premium Member
Another great TR completed! :happy: Thanks for taking us along!! All your photos were fun, and in this latest batch, I focused on The Pearly Band. I've never heard of these guys before and enjoy their costumes.

In a way, it seems like DL has more street performers than WDW. Maybe it's because in DL, they don't seem to use as many stages, or designated (cordoned off areas) as much. I also like seeing the characters just walking among the crowds there. My perception is that It appears like there are more impromptu appearances by the performing CMS there, versus what seems to be more "scheduled" times for CM performers at WDW.

Lastly, I love your t-shirt!! That is so cute.

ajrwdwgirl

Premium Member
Original Poster
My husband and I were sad to read this. We both prefer Space Mountain as Hyperspace Mountain.

My husband is sad that Hyperspace Mt. won't be there in July because he is the Star Wars nerd in our family. I like Hyperspace Mt, but it has been so long since I was at Disneyland and rode the old Space, I think it will be fun to see the old version again. Then I can decide which I truly like better.

ajrwdwgirl

Premium Member
Original Poster
Another great TR completed! :happy: Thanks for taking us along!! All your photos were fun, and in this latest batch, I focused on The Pearly Band. I've never heard of these guys before and enjoy their costumes.

In a way, it seems like DL has more street performers than WDW. Maybe it's because in DL, they don't seem to use as many stages, or designated (cordoned off areas) as much. I also like seeing the characters just walking among the crowds there. My perception is that It appears like there are more impromptu appearances by the performing CMS there, versus what seems to be more "scheduled" times for CM performers at WDW.

Lastly, I love your t-shirt!! That is so cute.

Thanks! The musical acts is something that is in my top ten things I love about Disneyland. There seems to be some sort of musical group around every corner. I agree that things seem a little impromptu at DL but I'm sure they are just as scheduled as WDW.

dizfan917

Hooooray!! What a great report! Thanks for taking me along. I look forward to the next visit (in like 25+ days?!). I need to get to Anaheim one of these days. I've yet to be able to score a DVC Deluxe Studio room at the Grand Californian. They're always gone at 8:01 am. Maybe I'll get lucky someday.

ajrwdwgirl

Premium Member
Original Poster
Hooooray!! What a great report! Thanks for taking me along. I look forward to the next visit (in like 25+ days?!). I need to get to Anaheim one of these days. I've yet to be able to score a DVC Deluxe Studio room at the Grand Californian. They're always gone at 8:01 am. Maybe I'll get lucky someday.

Thanks for following along! A DVC at the Grand Californian would be really nice, I hope you are able to get one someday!

Figgy1

Premium Member
So sorry my TR reading is so very far behind I may never ketchup:( My life has been beyond crazy busy for far too long:( @Tuvalu was right Jelly, jelly, jelly! I love the baby duck(Disney ones are the cutest!) and I loved the Easter ears. Thank you again for sharing. xoxo

amjt660

Premium Member
So sorry my TR reading is so very far behind I may never ketchup:( My life has been beyond crazy busy for far too long:( @Tuvalu was right Jelly, jelly, jelly! I love the baby duck(Disney ones are the cutest!) and I loved the Easter ears. Thank you again for sharing. xoxo
It is great that you could "catch up" on this trip report
I relish the opportunity to hear more from you

Max

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom