Trip Report Hippity Hoppity Easter Disneyland Solo Report

Hello, and welcome to my little trip report about my recent solo trip to Disneyland!

Background: I usually travel to Disney with my husband, but I've taken a couple solo trips to WDW. This year since I have the Premier Passport I decided to take my solo trip to Disneyland.

Who: Me (Amy)

Dates: April 13-17 2017

Hotel: Best Western Park Place Inn & Mini-Suites (located directly across from the crosswalk to Disneyland)

Everyone is welcome to read and comment on my report but I will tag a few people on here who I remember following my other reports..... @figmentfan423 @MinnieM123 @Cesar R M @donaldtoo @MySmallWorldof4 @MOXOMUMD @JenniferS @PacNWTigger @Tuvalu @Gabe1 @betty rose @Songbird76 @sheriffwoody @bee @blgauger @BuddyThomas @fractal @93boomer @MouseDreaming @Wrangler-Rick @PUSH @Mr Ferret 88

Missy_May

Pipermomluigistires.jpg
I know I am in the minority, but I loved Luigi's Flying Tires. Do you think the new ride is an improvement?

I loved Luigi's Flying Tires. A few times ago my youngest wasn't tall enough to go on Radiator Springs. She insisted we go on Luigi's over and over and over while we waited for her sisters.
IMG_0255.jpg

Last edited:

Minnesota disney fan

Thank you for the beautiful pictures. They make me want to go to California to Disneyland!
I have never been there, always go to WDW. But, the atmosphere at Disneyland seems more "nostalgic Disney" to me. There are a lot of band, characters, and more Walt quotes. I don't know? It's kind of difficult to tell that with only pictures and reports, but it seems that way to me. Do you think it is more "Disney" than WDW???
It looks like you had a wonderful time!

*Flynnderella*

It's so nice to see the Disneyland resort as I've never been before! One day I will :) Great trip report and I love that you went on your own..I'd be too nervous to do it!!!!! Oh and those peanut butter sandwiches.......yum-my.:joyfull:

ajrwdwgirl

Premium Member
Original Poster
Thank you for the beautiful pictures. They make me want to go to California to Disneyland!
I have never been there, always go to WDW. But, the atmosphere at Disneyland seems more "nostalgic Disney" to me. There are a lot of band, characters, and more Walt quotes. I don't know? It's kind of difficult to tell that with only pictures and reports, but it seems that way to me. Do you think it is more "Disney" than WDW???

Oh my goodness! What a tough question! I love both WDW and Disneyland, WDW is "home" but Disneyland is special because it was Walt's park. There is just a special quaintness about it that has a special sort of magic. The first time I went to Disneyland I don't think I felt that way because I was overwhelmed with comparing the two. I think every WDW fan needs to go to Disneyland and every Disneylander needs to visit WDW.

ajrwdwgirl

Premium Member
Original Poster
It's so nice to see the Disneyland resort as I've never been before! One day I will :) Great trip report and I love that you went on your own..I'd be too nervous to do it!!!!! Oh and those peanut butter sandwiches.......yum-my.:joyfull:

I was a little nervous on my first solo trip to WDW, but now I look forward to it. And those peanut butter sandwiches were really good, I can't wait to get another one in July!

amjt660

Premium Member
The Animation building at DCA is an amazing rest spot.
Hang out on the comfy couches, listen to the great Disney music and see amazing art work.
My older daughter S (music major) and I have sat there and gone through the entire cycle together while T and C rode Tower.

Max

amjt660

Premium Member
Yes, it is truly the park that Walt built.

Max

amjt660

Premium Member
Great TR - really enjoying the great pics

The lighting up of the neon in Radiator Springs is cool
Glad you were able to catch it

Fast Pass at Toy Story? that is new - wonder when that started?

Max

ajrwdwgirl

Premium Member
Original Poster
Continuing on with my last day....
I went on Hyperspace Mt one last time, and it might be truly the last as it is being changed back to normal Space Mt this summer.
IMG_8324.JPG

I decided to pass some time by wandering Main Street and riding some Main Street vehicles.
IMG_8326.JPG

IMG_8328.JPG

A view from the Gurr mobile/fire truck. And yes I did ring the bell!
IMG_8330.JPG

I caught another show of the Disneyland Band.
IMG_8336.JPG

Then I saw the Beauty and the Beast show in the theater by the castle. I hadn't seen this one and I loved it as much as the Tangled and Frozen ones I'd seen. I love the humor and story telling.
IMG_8344.JPG

IMG_8364.JPG

Then it was time for lunch at the Carnation Cafe. I really like this restaurant it has great food, a wonderful history, and was the subject of my first published article.
IMG_8367.JPG

IMG_8371.JPG

IMG_8372.JPG

ajrwdwgirl

Premium Member
Original Poster
I ordered a chocolate malt, so yummy! It is something I rarely order and then when I do I wonder why I don't get them more often. Oh yeah, I remember they are full of sugar and calories!
IMG_4097.JPG

Top view
IMG_4098.JPG

I thought about the fried chicken but decided on the first thing I ever got at the Carnation, the sourdough melt. I was not disappointed at all!
IMG_4099.JPG

Just a quick check on the weather! Perfect!

IMG_4102.PNG

I forgot to post these ones with my Main Street Vehicles, but I was invited to sit with the driver on the Omnibus. That gave me a unique view of Main Street.
IMG_4083.JPG

IMG_4084.JPG

ajrwdwgirl

Premium Member
Original Poster
After lunch I wandered around for a bit and my last ride was Big Thunder Mt. I figured it had been my first ride of the trip and should be the last. Here are some pictures of my wandering.

Penny Machines at the Candy Palace
IMG_8379.JPG

Roses being "painted red" outside the Alice in Wonderland attraction.
IMG_8388.JPG

The Pearly Band
IMG_8390.JPG

A couple of pictures of the scenes in the Sleeping Beauty Castle Walk Through
IMG_8391.JPG

IMG_8396.JPG

IMG_8397.JPG

A fiddle player on my way to Big Thunder
IMG_8401.JPG

Back in the hub
IMG_8403.JPG

IMG_8419.JPG

And then I checked out the Cinema
IMG_8420.JPG

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom