Hey Ap'ers, how does it feel to know you are a contingency plan?

Disstevefan1

The new spirit jersey is in!
continSpiit.jpg

TheGuyThatMakesSwords

Disney CFO Christine McCarthy said that the company has contingency plans if the country enters a recession and they need to boost numbers. She said that they can offer discounts on hotels, the reservation system can be adjusted (meaning let even more people in) and finally that they could restart sales of annual passes.

If this isn't a huge slap in the face to their most loyal fans then i don't know what is.

"we don't want you in the parks because you don't fit our guest spending profile, but if our numbers are hurting, we will let the peasants back in"

WTH happened to this management group? They only care about profit, not people.

Well if the stock is any indication, they have screwed up on both fronts.

What a disgrace this company is right now
We've gotten rid of our 300 DVC points. Lots of buyers - let others go to these construction sites.

Casper Gutman

Seems like The ones who rose to the top impressed who they needed to.
This isn’t a great recommendation. Read about the culture, the particular moment in business history, Iger came out of, the corporate takeover of the networks in the mid 80s. It sounds like an exaggeration, but the entire philosophy that drove the moment in that corner of the entertainment industry was that cutting costs took precedent over generating revenue. It didn’t matter if ten achievable dollars flew over head if one dollar could be cut. Content, meanwhile, was something someone else could worry about. That’s Igers world, and Chapek Is very much his creature. Eisner, tellingly, was part of the more free-spending, sometimes over-indulgent, more content-conscience regime against which Iger and his ilk were revolting.

Honestly, one of the problems with business history is that accurately reporting what really happened and what they key players really thought can sound like an absurdly over-the-top caricature by someone with an axe to grind. This is particularly tricky in a culture that has decided it doesn’t respect doctors, professors, reporters, politicians, or lawyers but utterly reveres businessmen and “investors.”

zulemara

In the Parks
Yes
At the end of the day, are you communicating that you appreciate your customers - regardless of the $ they bring to the table?
Disney has shifted from appreciating APers (and their most loyal fans in general) to sending a very strong message that we are not appreciated and we are only good enough when they decide want us. They did that just by the AP changes. Now they have gone to verbally CONFIRMING what people have been feeling and when that happens, the last bit of trust is lost. That’s why there’s so much negative chit chat about these little slip ups by this CFO.

It’s not about what makes business sense. It’s about the communication to the public - be it investors or d23, it doesn’t matter. If people already feel they aren’t wanted and are being gouged,it’s typically not best to confirm it verbally.

The negative word of mouth has never been so strong against them because they are verbally conforming how people are feeling about the company

JoeCamel

At the end of the day, are you communicating that you appreciate your customers - regardless of the $ they bring to the table?
Disney has shifted from appreciating APers (and their most loyal fans in general) to sending a very strong message that we are not appreciated and we are only good enough when they decide want us. They did that just by the AP changes. Now they have gone to verbally CONFIRMING what people have been feeling and when that happens, the last bit of trust is lost. That’s why there’s so much negative chit chat about these little slip ups by this CFO.

It’s not about what makes business sense. It’s about the communication to the public - be it investors or d23, it doesn’t matter. If people already feel they aren’t wanted and are being gouged,it’s typically not best to confirm it verbally.

The negative word of mouth has never been so strong against them because they are verbally conforming how people are feeling about the company
So bad communicators at a company crowing about their storytelling ability?

HauntedPirate

Park nostalgist
Premium Member

Obviously you're just a hater/whiner/complainer/member of the unfavorable guest mix crowd. 😂

Spot on, by the way, spot on. Bob thinks there's a never-ending supply of first-timers to swindle milk, why bother with people who like the place?

Tony the Tigger

I don’t have any use for appreciation by a company - especially a huge one. Just deliver what I paid for and throw me a discount now and then.

Lilofan

Stop eating so much at the buffet all you fatties! You're going to bankrupt us!
Glad that American Adventure is a short walk from Germany Buffett. The hour long show in cold AC at AA is a good nap for me after overeating at lunch. Years ago I lost my lunch at Body Wars after overeating.

matt9112

I agree, discounts during a recession is completely expected and normal.

I hate to try and speak for others, but I think the issue is the continuous "war on locals" that appears to be being waged. This report is just a little salt in the wound.

This…. I mean you legitimately can’t buy most passes…. Why can’t disney even come up with a sky high number to attach to them? It’s the way they do it not what there actually doing.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom