Hess Gas Station at the Boardwalk to close for refurbishment

righttrack

I know this is the epitome of first world problems, but I always avoid Hess stations because they all seem to lack the little ridged plate in the gas pump that lets you lock in the trigger while you wash your windows, make faces at your car's occupants, etc.

Is it petty? For sure.

But I just don't want to sit there squeezing the handle the whole time I fill my car with gas, if I don't have to.

It's the law in some places. It's illegal to take your hand off of the pump in my state, so they don't put those latches on the pumps anymore here.

MichWolv

Born Modest. Wore Off.
Premium Member
That is actually due to local laws. Quite honestly, I do not know a city or state that allows them at self service locations.
You need to get out more! Illinois, Indiana, Michigan, Ohio, Virginia, New York, and PA all allow, based on my summer driving. NJ, of course, is the home of people who cannot be trusted to pump their own gas.

dumboflyer

It's the law in some places. It's illegal to take your hand off of the pump in my state, so they don't put those latches on the pumps anymore here.

Yes, but as has been noted, it is not the law in Florida. When given the choice, I choose hands free gas pumping method. Sounds like I don't have to mess with that anymore, as Hess has entered a bold new era.

I employ similar selectivity when getting gas in my hometown. Every station has the little latches, but there are still a handful that don't have pay-at-the-pump. I could be running on fumes, and will still skip the gas station that does not let me pay at the pump.

lazyboy97o

You need to get out more! Illinois, Indiana, Michigan, Ohio, Virginia, New York, and PA all allow, based on my summer driving. NJ, of course, is the home of people who cannot be trusted to pump their own gas.
At least they trust the professionals with the little latch.

Mr Bill

It's a Hess thing. They do that at all their stations.
The pumps at the TTC Hess definitely have the locks. I remember because the last time, and it will be the last time, I used the lock the pump didn't cut off when the tank was fill and I ended up with gas overflowing running down the side of my car. From now on even if the lock is there I'm not using it.

R W B

Unless the refurbishment includes carrying Pepsi products, I'm still not going.

I thought I was going insane the first time I went to the Hess outside of the MK - I walked around four times until I realized they only carried Coke product.

LOL, no, that wasn't even on my mind - it simply was the fact that it's the only convenience store I have ever been in my life that only carried one brand of soda.
That's because Coca-Cola is a main sponsor of Disney so that's why theirs no Pepsi products on property. (You probably knew this though)

CDavid

I'd much rather have someone else do it at no extra charge, especially in the winter. Who wants to stand outside in the cold/snow?

If it snows that much at the Boardwalk Hess Station, I'm going to say you'll have other issues than just getting out to pump your gas. :)

Mouse_Trap

Here in the UK, the bar that the clip latches onto is removed at all pumps everywhere. I think only pumps for lorries/trucks have them intact.

I find that by leaving a straightened paperclip in the door pocket, it's the perfect size to fit through the hole in the pump and clip the latch onto. Does get some strange looks though, as the cast majority of people have never seen them used.

whiterhino42

We never seem to have them anywhere in Massachusetts (the little auto fill latches). Maybe they are against the law at self serve. So I don't miss them there.

We did use that gas station last time on the way back to the airport. If you fill the rental car extra full, you can make it all the way to the airport on full.

They are against the law here in Massachusetts now. I miss them.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom