Help with Disney Hotel (magic band and magic hours)

felipenor

Original Poster
Hi. We'll be going to WDW in July for a couples of days and I have two questions.

1. Every Disney hotel guest gets a magic band, right? I have booked hotel rooms but no park tickets, since I plan to buy them at the gate. Will I still be able to link my tickets to the bands, or will they only function as my door key?

2. I'll check out of the hotel on July 19, leave my bags at the hotel and then go to Magic Kingdom. They have late Magic Hours on that day. Will I be able to stay for magic hours, even though i have already checked out earlier that day?

Thanks in advance.

Minnie Mum

1. If you buy them at the gate, you can ask the CM at the ticket counter to add them to your band. I'd like to point out though, that you won't be able to reserve FPs in advance if you do this. You may find that FPs for some if the super headliners are already gone, depending on when you are going. As a resort guest, if you already have tickets, you can reserve FPs 60 days before you check in.

2. Your EMH privileges extend to the end of the park day on the day you check out.

felipenor

Original Poster
Thanks you for the answers, Minnie Mum.

If I buy my park tickets online now, will I still be able to add them to my reservation and reserve FP in advance?

nickys

Premium Member
Thanks you for the answers, Minnie Mum.

If I buy my park tickets online now, will I still be able to add them to my reservation and reserve FP in advance?

Yes. You'll get a code in your email and you add that to MDE. Then you're all set to make fp+ at the 60 day mark.

felipenor

Original Poster
Thanks, guys. One last kind of unrelated question:

I'm thinking about adding one more day to my Disney vacation. Is there any way I can make changes to my existing reservation or will I have to book one more day separately?

Minnie Mum

Thanks, guys. One last kind of unrelated question:

I'm thinking about adding one more day to my Disney vacation. Is there any way I can make changes to my existing reservation or will I have to book one more day separately?

You can call Disney reservations to modify your existing reservation. But it all depends on availability. Also, if you booked with a discount that has ended, you might have to escalate your request up to Guest Services, since the regular reservations CMs can't book a discount that has expired.

Minnie Mum

Regarding your second question ( buying tickets online). As long as you have an existing MDE account, if you order directly thru Disney, your tickets should be automatically be added to your account. If MDE glitches ( as it often does), then you can use the code in your confirmation email to add them manually.

You can also buy tickets online thru authorized 3rd person sites (Undercover Tourist and Park Savers are 2 reputable sites that offer some tickets at discounted prices). You will get the ticket numbers ( to add manually to your MDE account) within a day or so by email.

felipenor

Original Poster
You can call Disney reservations to modify your existing reservation. But it all depends on availability. Also, if you booked with a discount that has ended, you might have to escalate your request up to Guest Services, since the regular reservations CMs can't book a discount that has expired.
So that can only be done through the phone, right? Do you suppose it would be a long call? I'm from Brazil and international calls are considerably expensive here. Or is it something that could be worked out quickly?
I just checked their website and the rooms are still available for the same price I booked them last week.

nickys

Premium Member
So that can only be done through the phone, right? Do you suppose it would be a long call? I'm from Brazil and international calls are considerably expensive here. Or is it something that could be worked out quickly?
I just checked their website and the rooms are still available for the same price I booked them last week.

Check on the website under "Contact Us".

There is a free phone number for the UK now, so there might be one for Brazil too.

If you can't call toll free from Brazil and end up making a second reservation, if you make the reservation for the same category they may be able to give you the same room for both stays. You would want to let them know that you want the same room when you check in. However, depending on room assignments and the availability if you make a second reservation you may have to switch rooms for your last day which can be a bit of a pain.

felipenor

Original Poster
Regarding your second question ( buying tickets online). As long as you have an existing MDE account, if you order directly thru Disney, your tickets should be automatically be added to your account. If MDE glitches ( as it often does), then you can use the code in your confirmation email to add them manually.

You can also buy tickets online thru authorized 3rd person sites (Undercover Tourist and Park Savers are 2 reputable sites that offer some tickets at discounted prices). You will get the ticket numbers ( to add manually to your MDE account) within a day or so by email.
If I buy my tickets on the Disney website, do I get the tickets shipped to Brazil or can I just print them? Or even that won't be necessary, as they'll be added to my MDE account?

nickys

Premium Member
If I buy my tickets on the Disney website, do I get the tickets shipped to Brazil or can I just print them? Or even that won't be necessary, as they'll be added to my MDE account?

I don't think they ship tickets anywhere. I buy from the UK Disney site, and they just email e-tickets. These have a bar code on them which I just added to MDE. Although the email said to visit the guest relations window, we didn't because we were staying onsite so just used our bands (which we collected at the resort front desk).

The CM said we could go to the window to get the hard tickets if we wanted, or if there was a problem at the tapstiles, but we didn't actually bother.

jaklgreen

You don't get an actual ticket anymore if you are staying on property. It will be on you my Disney experience account and you can link them to anyone in your party. It is all very simple. Then the ticket will be assigned to the person. They can then just use the magic band as your ticket. If you really want a plastic card, they will be able to get you one at guests services.

Mna

You don't get an actual ticket anymore if you are staying on property. It will be on you my Disney experience account and you can link them to anyone in your party. It is all very simple. Then the ticket will be assigned to the person. They can then just use the magic band as your ticket. If you really want a plastic card, they will be able to get you one at guests services.

They still mail tickets. When I got ours for our trip next month, during which we are staying at POR, they added them to my MDE and mailed them to me. That was months ago.

I imagine they don't ship tickets overseas/internationally though.

jaklgreen

They still mail tickets. When I got ours for our trip next month, during which we are staying at POR, they added them to my MDE and mailed them to me. That was months ago.

I guess I never requested them. For the last 4 or 5 trips, since the magic bands, we have not received any plastic tickets for our trip.

Mna

I guess I never requested them. For the last 4 or 5 trips, since the magic bands, we have not received any plastic tickets for our trip.
I didn't request them either. Actually, I had assumed they would just be electronic tickets in MDE because we had our MagicBand order through our reservation, but then they showed up a couple weeks later.

Maybe because we reserved so far out? We booked the day 2017 dates were released for online bookings.

DisneyJoe

I believe they only send them to you if you purchase them outside of a vacation package.

jaklgreen

I believe they only send them to you if you purchase them outside of a vacation package.

We never get the package, just room only. I usually have an annual pass because I go more often but the rest of my family just gets tickets for their visits. Maybe it is random.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom