Height Balloons

CDavid

There aren't a lot of landmarks in those pictures to work with, but this is my guess as to where the picture was taken and the direction of the photo. Maybe someone who knows that area better can tell me if this is accurate or not.

Edit: The more I look at this, the less confident that I have it right, so I have removed the image.

My guess is we aren't looking north, but rather more southeast. I'm basing this on the few clues found in the first picture over at Screamscape (edge of a building, back side of a stop sign, and a strip of grass between the road and a parking lot). It's not much to go on, and I will not be at all surprised to have someone point out that I am 180 degrees off in my estimations. We can't even be sure where, or when, the picture was taken.

That said, my best guess is we are looking at the wooded area the line points to in the Wikimapia image below (though it makes no sense there would there be balloons there). Again, in the Screamscape image we appear to be looking to the left across the strip of grass, with the edge of a single building visible, and what appears to be a closer stand of trees about where the line crosses in the image.

Again, this is a lot of poorly informed guesswork.

Ballon guess.jpg

Tom

Beta Return
Those balloons represent something quite tall - several stories. At least much of Wilderness Lodge is hidden by trees and isn't a visual intrusion. If these balloons represent a building (or buildings), it's/they're too tall.

DisneyRoxMySox

Any of the usual informers want to weigh in on this one? @marni1971 @WDW1974 @Lee

Height balloons are usually pretty interesting. Perhaps they'd like to move forward with the once announce DVC property that was supposed to be where FS Orlando now sits? Or a different location for the FW DVC?

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom