Height balloons, this time between TTC and Contemporary

_ZJ

I don’t disagree that Disney has never built a true luxury property.

But...

What Marriotts are you staying at?
Many. I was just at the Yacht for a conference and it was in poor shape. Common areas beat up and dated. Rooms cheap, and the furniture felt like what I'd see in a Springhill Suites. Mediocre food. Terrible front desk service.

The only reason to stay at a Disney "deluxe" hotel is for location.

seascape

I would love another monorail resort. I know Disney needs thousands more rooms and that they will not be able to build them by 2021. The current management made some major mistakes not expanding the parks soon and not starting to plan for 2021 early enough. Disney needs to plan for 75 million a year in attendance by 2030 and 100 million by 2050.

DisneyGentlemanV2.0

Many. I was just at the Yacht for a conference and it was in poor shape. Common areas beat up and dated. Rooms cheap, and the furniture felt like what I'd see in a Springhill Suites. Mediocre food. Terrible front desk service.

The only reason to stay at a Disney "deluxe" hotel is for location.
They used to be superb hotels - now they are trashy. The refurbs are very minimal. I won't bother going forward.

deWild

In reference to the depicted balloons on the previous page - Those balloons seem to be perfectly aligned for a new type of transportation to cut through the tree lines and drop guests off on the expansion pad just south of the MK bus loops...

Creathir

In reference to the depicted balloons on the previous page - Those balloons seem to be perfectly aligned for a new type of transportation to cut through the tree lines and drop guests off on the expansion pad just south of the MK bus loops...
That clearing has been there for years.

I’m not sure it’s original intent, but it enabled me to get an absolutely amazing picture of an elderly family friend on her first trip to Disney World.

That clearing allowed her to see the castle for the very first time, her eyes lit up like a child’s.

She. Had. Finally. Made. It.

All that to say, I always hoped they cleared it just to offer a glimpse of the castle, but I’m sure there’s a more practical reason.

wdwmagic

Administrator
Premium Member
That clearing has been there for years.

I’m not sure it’s original intent, but it enabled me to get an absolutely amazing picture of an elderly family friend on her first trip to Disney World.

That clearing allowed her to see the castle for the very first time, her eyes lit up like a child’s.

She. Had. Finally. Made. It.

All that to say, I always hoped they cleared it just to offer a glimpse of the castle, but I’m sure there’s a more practical reason.
I believe it was originally done to allow monorail pilots to be able to see other traffic on the beam.

toonaspie

This is exactly what I predict will be reality in a few years...an additional Skyliner route which will be badly needed given the crowding involved with the ferry and monorails during open and close. Of course the only issue here is how its maintenance will be funded as Disney cannot charge guests to use it and it wouldn't be connected to any hotels. (Maybe upcharge Poly?)

s8film40

This is exactly what I predict will be reality in a few years...an additional Skyliner route which will be badly needed given the crowding involved with the ferry and monorails during open and close. Of course the only issue here is how its maintenance will be funded as Disney cannot charge guests to use it and it wouldn't be connected to any hotels. (Maybe upcharge Poly?)
The bigger issue would be it's lower capacity. Certainly as an addition to the Monorails and Ferryboats it would help, but I feel like it would just make things so much more confusing for guests with only an incremental increase in capacity. Guests would then have to decide to take either the monorail, ferry, skyway or bus at peak times.

Rodan75

If they do build this as a new monorail resort, that could ‘justify’ the purchase of updated monorails. Or at least help defray the costs of new monorail trains.

Lensman

If they do build this as a new monorail resort, that could ‘justify’ the purchase of updated monorails. Or at least help defray the costs of new monorail trains.
Even better if they are able to sell a substantial fraction of it as DVC and pass along a bunch of costs to those purchasing points. :(

I know it makes sense from a location and consistency standpoint, but would they even need a new monorail stop or would boat service be sufficient? And you could walk to the TTC for Epcot access, right? I guess it's just a matter of what is more cost effective plus what guests perceive as valuable.

Last edited:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom