Trip Report Have you used MyMagic+ and FastPass+? Your help needed

todpatcam

We just received info via the WDW website that we have Magic Bands ordered; I've already set 3 FP times for each day of our 8 day trip in Oct 2013. The question we have - can you still get other Fast Passes once you are at the park; if yes, how do you do it?

englanddg

One Little Spark...
We just received info via the WDW website that we have Magic Bands ordered; I've already set 3 FP times for each day of our 8 day trip in Oct 2013. The question we have - can you still get other Fast Passes once you are at the park; if yes, how do you do it?
For now, you can. You use the card that is issued to you (the bands are not compatible with the older FP system).

cba

I'll write a review Steve, I'd love to help. Edit: it's late, I'll try to write it tomorrow.

Last edited:

Joshua&CalebDad

I can actually partake in this thread. I'll probably do my report as I go along...

My family and I will be staying a PORS Sept 28th - Oct. 5...

I was able to access the Magic Band customization and FP+ reservations approximately 45 days from when we were scheduled to check in. However, I noticed that I had to do an online check-in in order to be able to access the system. I am not sure if this is necessary or if it was coincidental.

I customized the Magic Bands for my family and then started making FP+ reservations. Although I could pick attractions fairly easy, I didn't always get the times I wanted. However, once I made the reservations (close to the times I wanted) I exited the system and realized that I could go back in and adjust the times per attraction reservation. Bottom line, pick your attractions and then go back in a adjust your times to when you want.

A quick note on the Magic Bands...it appears as though customization can be changed but must be completed by a certain date (30 days prior to check-in date). Once you reach the 30 day mark customization is no longer allowed and a message states that the bands are being prepared for shipping.

My customization ended on the 28th, 2 days ago, and today I received an e-mail stating that the Magic Bands were on the way.

I came home and found these waiting for me:

Magic Band 1
on Flickr

Magic Band 2
on Flickr

Magic Band 3
on Flickr
The bands were very easy to take on and off. Another tid bit of information is that if you look at the picture of me wearing my band you will notice a grey strip that runs along the outside of the band. The grey strip is on every Magic Band and can be removed in order to make the band smaller for younger children. I have two DS, ages 4 and 6, and removed the strip in order to get a better fit. It was easy to do.

At this point I only have two minor disappointments;

1. I have been trying to make reservations for lunch at BOG because I read you could with FP+. However, whenever I try to access the system it states that FP+ is not available for the date I choose. I have tried for every day we are there just to see but still no luck. I am hoping as time gets closer they will update the system and I'll be able to make a reservation; and

2. I was hoping to utilize FP+ for Wishes and/or the parades but those options were never available. In reading other threads it appears as though they will only offer those reservations during busier times of the year. Maybe I'll get lucky and it will open up closer to time.

Aside from these very minor issues everything seems great and I am satisfied. I'll add more as it becomes available.

marialexus

We were less than 25 days away and they sent us a next day air note sign up for the testing and customize the bands and the next day they said they were shipped and gave us a tracking number. I was really surprised because when I made our original reservations they said there probably wasn't time.

Mrsdonaldduck

We had a great experience with our magic bands and it definitely saved us time.
1 it was nice to use the band to open the room door and not have to fish for key to the world
2 it was also nice to use the band to pay for everything and not have to look for my key to the world or money in my bag
3 loved not having to run to Rides at park opening for a fast pass. We set our fast pass in advance for all of the key rides and didn't have to rush or worry about getting to the parks early to run and get a fast pass
4 if we weren't going to make in time for the fast pass window we set we simply went into the my Disney experience app on my phone and pushed the fast pass time to later in the day. For example we were running late and knew we would not make our splash fast pass scheduled for 9-10 so we pushed it back to later in the day
5It was also easy to change ride selections. If we had a fast pass for pirates and it was only a 5 minute wait and we didn't want to use fast pass that we had set up in advance we simply went into the app and changed to fast pass for a ride that had a longer wait
6 LOVED the fast pass for the parade and fireworks it was amazing!!!!

ILDisneyFan

We stayed at POP Century from 9/27-10/3 and used the MagicBands. We thought they worked really well and were very handy. It was nice not having to dig for our Keys to the World for EVERYTHING and the FastPass+ was pretty amazing too. We only had one small problem and that was just my Dad's MagicBand worked on everything but opening our hotel room so we went to the front desk where they "reprogrammed" it or whatever and then everything was just fine and dandy! We chatted with a couple of the front desk people and they said that eventually the Keys to the World cards will be phased out which we kinda figured. Also, the MagicBands can be reprogrammed so that you can reuse them for every trip or if you want a new MagicBand you can get a new one each time. I don't know if anyone has already shared this so if they have my apologies for duplicate information. FastPass+ was nice because we didn't have to rush to our favorite rides to get Fast Passes, I just used My Disney Experience to set up our Fast Pass time and if we couldn't make it I just tried to change the time to a later time if it was available. All in all it's very nice and easy to use! We liked it a lot!

ZodIsGr8

I have used the FP+ and the new MagicBands and they are wonderful. Here is the new pass holder packaging that arrived at my house. When Tinkerbell ( our dog) saw the package she was like duuuuddddeeeeee.
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg

Lord Starwalker

Greetings! My wife and I both have FL AP and now 2 MagicBands each. We stayed at the Poly the weekend of 5-16-2014 and visited AK and HS that weekend. Since we were staying at the Poly, we setup a PIN to be able to use our MagicBands to pay for meals and items purchased. Having access to the MagicBands along with FastPass+ for this trip was really neat! The bands worked great for getting into the parks, paying for meals and souvenirs. Being able to book FastPasses ahead of time and really pre-plan our trips through the parks was awesome! The FP+ reservations that we had booked worked perfectly everytime.

The only real MagicBand issue we ran into was entering our room at the Poly. My wife could always use her band to open the door. However, I always had an issue with mine. It would take me like 3 to 4 tries to get it to work. I believe that part of the reason is my hands are bigger and the way the RFID scanner was installed on the door did not leave for a lot of room. Anyway it was not that big of a deal for us, my wife would just open the door instead of me.

One thing to keep in mind though, is that at this time the MagicBands cannot be used to identify you as an AP guest, having the Tables In Wonderland card, etc. They only identify you as a valid ticket holder and resort guest (with an optional PIN for the CC on file at your hotel). So, you will still need to carry your AP cards and TIW card if you want to get all of your discounts.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom