Have you ever seen people going bezerk??

jmargarone27

I've seen two episodes. One time, people were shoving into the resort monorail because they didn't want to wait for the express to TTC when the cast members specifically said resort guests only on the resort monorail. A fight broke out between two women with strollers and I couldn't even believe how they were acting! The second time was this past November at the bus stop for GF, Poly, and Contemporary. There was an enormous group of people that had volunteered to take their disabled loved ones to Disney (all in wheelchairs) and they were all staying at the Polynesian. Obviously these people were getting loaded first and filling up the buses, which caused a mob scene. The line was longer than any other resort but buses for other resorts were steadily coming to the park often times picking up nobody. The cast member organizing the line for GF, Poly, and Contemporary was doing her best, but for those GF guests that give the resort a snobby name (I am not a snobby GF guest, I choose to stay their for convenience and not to show off) waiting in line was way too strenuous. So there were people screaming at this poor CM telling her how much they pay for a night at the GF (we all know it's the most expensive resort, you don't have to announce it) and making her feel like an idiot. I felt terrible and actually talked to this poor girl. She said the guests that stay on the monorail are the number one priority but they are the hardest to please. I do agree that the people that pay the most money shouldn't have to wait so long for busses but did they really have to take it out on that poor girl?? People are ridiculous.

Dwarful

I've shared this before....we were at Coronado Springs for Christmas. On Christmas morning our whole family (Grand Gathering back then) of 12 arrived at the bus stop around 6:30...we knew it was going to be crazy busy and wanted to do a few things in the morning. Well CS doesn't have bus lines, everyone just gathers in an area and its on the honor system. Well about half an hour after we arrive another family arrives and then more. Just as the bus to Magic Kingdom pulls up this new family comes running up and tries to cut in front of everyone. (it was obvious it would be a tight fit and even then some would be left behind). Well, one dad in the other group goes up and tells the guy he is not going to let them cut in front of everyone who has been waiting. One thing led to another...the moms were yelling the dads were cussing and pushing and shoving. The bus driver called for security. Both families were left behind that morning and everyone on the bus was very quiet. We all felt awful for the children in both families. What a way to start Christmas Morning at Disney. :(

We have seen other episodes and meltdowns. But in our family the episode mentioned is now called Christmas H'ville.

gwhb75

I have two (these are excerpts from previous trip reports so the lead ins may seem a bit weird):

1) ...We had told the kids that they could try the ice skating thing, so that’s what we did. On the way over we were witness to a complete meltdown/screamfest between two Moms. We were just in front of “One Man’s Dream” when we heard this loud shrill scream. To be honest we all thought a show was starting. Across from “One Man’s Dream” they have a Frozen photopass spot set up. Well apparently one family had approached the photographer from one side while the other family approached from the other side. I guess both families thought they were there first. The one family sent their kids up to get their pictures when we hear “MY KIDS WERE HERE FIRST” in the loudest scream I think I’ve ever heard. The argument continued for a few more seconds, before the photographer, maybe a bit tongue in cheek, said “OK, smile kids”. I get that heat and expectations make people act insane some time, but this was a bit over the top for something that would have resulted in maybe waiting 20 seconds longer. Of course the two Dad’s in the families just kind of avoided making eye contact…

and

2)Now for a kind of funny/kind of sad story. Let me start by saying that I don’t understand the sense of entitlement some people have. In this case, there was a family waiting for a bus for AoA, and the mother of the family (who I would guess was in her late 50's/early 60's) was in a scooter (no, this isn’t an I hate scooters story, it just so happens the lady was in a scooter). The first bus pulled up and was full (if you’ve never been to a waterpark before, normally the bus goes from the resort to the waterpark and then on to another park after that, so it's often full of people who aren't getting off at the waterpark). Anyways, the bus pulls up full, and this lady starts asking the bus driver why she won’t tell people they have to get off the bus so she can get on. The conversation went on for a good two or three minutes, with lots of hand waving and loudness. In the end, the bus pulled away, with the family still waiting. About two minutes later, a second AoA bus pulls up…same thing (full). This time the driver just opens the door and tells her they’re full, and drives off. Well this lady loses it. Just starts yelling at the bus as it drives away (while her 30ish year old son gives the bus the finger (in front of his two kids)), then tells her husband she’s going to go deal with this, and drives off to go complain to someone. I jokingly mentioned to Tammy how funny it would be if an empty AoA bus showed up now…which it did. Her husband had to go running off to find her. At least this whole thing provided a distraction while we waited for our bus to come (how does AoA get three busses in 6 minutes, and we waited 15 minutes for one?).

graphite1326

Not necessarily. I've seen some real kid-meltdowns early in the day and even when checking in at our resort. Sad to say but kids these days are spoiled and never learned respect. Back (way back) when I was a kid, all it took was one look from Dad to make me stop, never got to through a tantrum that I can remember.
(I'm not looking to start a fight, but I just know someone is going to take issue with me for bad-mouthing their precious little brats!)
I don't know why but my kids never had a meltdown Probably because they new it wouldn't do them any good to do so.

Tres Vegas

Disney Studios in 09 I had my two young boys and we spotted a character line so we get in of about 20 families deep knowing we may not make it (character break because of heat) which I shared with my boys. They finally called it and start to leave we did not make it and my boys understood but this Grandma about 10 people back starts to flip out! I mean she is going crazy, grabs her grandsons bicep real tight and starts dragging him through the crowd pushing her way through and tries to stop them from leaving. She is screaming at the top of her lungs and this kid is deep into a serious cry. I think she was hurting his arm over the boy being disappointed. It was insane and the crowd was looking at the old lady like she was seriously nuts. Makes you question what it is like in that family circle....

They did not get the photo they rushed the character out of their real fast while the support group blocked the Grandma.

Goofyernmost

(how does AoA get three busses in 6 minutes, and we waited 15 minutes for one?).
Because in all likelihood the driver from the first and last bus radioed in to dispatch that they had to leave the person due to being full. They then would have diverted a bus that may have been scheduled to go to some other resort to pick that person up. Just about all transportation people take that situation seriously, Disney is no exception.

P.S. And therefore the reason why some times it seems like forever between buses. It's just one of the many joys of transporting the public.

wdwjmp239

I saw two dudes throwdown in the parking lot at All-Star Music late one night back in 2004 as my girlfriend (now my wife) and I got out of the car to go check in. All I remember hearing was some yelling, a couple of "F" bombs, and the next thing I knew this dude just clobbered the other guy in the parking lot. It was a sight to see, not a normal one, on Disney property. Needless to say staff was notified and what happened after that......eh...it was late....and I wanted to go to sleep!

gwhb75

interrupting
Because in all likelihood the driver from the first and last bus radioed in to dispatch that they had to leave the person due to being full. They then would have diverted a bus that may have been scheduled to go to some other resort to pick that person up. Just about all transportation people take that situation seriously, Disney is no exception.

P.S. And therefore the reason why some times it seems like forever between buses. It's just one of the many joys of transporting the public.
Makes sense

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom