Have you ever met anyone at Disney?

MrPromey

Originally posted by Maria
I agree with DF about the honesty thing, Mr.Promey.... if the person is that important and you connect that well, things could be told as they are! No secrets, no "ways to say it".

I am very honest and just say things as they are and come to my mind. I expect my "significant other" to understand the meaning of what I say just by looking at me and the tone of my voice, as I try to do with him. I found someone like that and we really connected (most of the times) just by looking at each other´s eyes... it is amazing how many things you can say without saying a word! My fondest memories and deepest feelings are with him. Distance is certainly the worst enemy though...
Ah! and I met him at Disney!

I'm glad that you felt the same way about me, maria ;)… Seriously though, I knew that sooner or later, someone would ketch up with that comment (other than the freakster)… I want you to think about that carefully. It's an easy thing to say that you are completely and totally honest with the most important person in your life but are you really? I mean, 100% of the time? We don't always lie or hide the truth for our own gain. Sometimes we do it to protect the ones we love, as well… OK, god forbid this should ever happen but lest say your significant other were to have a serious medical problem, something that would require immediate surgery such as a blood clot in the brain. You know that they are terrified that they may not come out of the operation alive. You are terrified as well that the most important person in your life may be leaving you. You know the procedure is anything but a sure bet… What is the last thing you say to them before they go for surgery? Do you tell them you love them and that you are so afraid you will never see them again?... Or do you tell them that you love them and that everything is going to be fine - that you'll see them again in several hours?.. Or, you are with that person - in your case, a guy - and another guy, very well built and stylishly dressed walks by and sort of turns your head. Now this is something completely innocent that just sort of happens but he doesn’t notice you. He turns to you and asks you "So what are you thinking about right now?" Do you tell him the truth?.. I'm not trying to say that a romantic relationship has to be based on lies. In this post I'm just more or less trying to point out situations when an average person could easily be more dishonest than their character would ever suggests they be…

The Mom

Premium Member
Mr P, after 25 years of marriage, I think I might know a little about relationships, and do agree that no one can or should be completely honest. However, I find that loving couples commit sins of omission rather than comission. The classic wife's question of "Does this make me look fat/old/dated ?" should never be answered in the affirmative! However, I've learned to ask "Which of these 2-3 outfits looks better?" and can get an honest answer.(with a teenage daughter, I don't have to worry...she'll let me know if she thinks something isn't flattering!)

When we were first married, I always complained about the amount of time my husband spent "playing" sports, and he complained about how much I spent on clothes and household expenses. We started arguing, then just started "fibbing" about it(he would sneak out at lunch to play squash, I would always deduct 10-20% off of the price of anything when he asked) until we realized this was not healthy for our marriage. Since then, I don't say anything about his sports, because I know exercise is an important part of his life, and he never mentions expenses. We're both happy, I haven't put us into debt, in fact I handle all the finances and we're doing fine, and he has the heart and physique of a 30 something, and is a very sucessful competitive rower.

These are all sins of omission...don't ask, don't tell...no one is getting hurt. A sin of comission is when you actually lie about a hurtful thing you have done, whether it hurts financially, emotionally, or socially. You know, cheating on your sig other, spending the rent money on new shoes, insulting your mother-in-law. You might not consider these dishonest, in the sense of telling a lie, but if you have taken vows to honor and cherish some one, you are lying if your actions betray those vows.

Enough preaching from Mom on this sunday morning. Just remember, before you tell a lie, ask yourself who you're really protecting. Before you tell a truth, ask yourself if it really needs to be told.

JAY-ROD

Originally posted by mightyduck

Marcia! I can't believe you would think such a thing. First all, WDW does not host "one-night-stands." It was a perfect relationship. It was just, well, shorter than most. ;) And he was a gentleman. Or an officer...:confused:

;)

I love cookies! Please?

yeah they been hosting one night stands at the 20,000 laggon for years now. ;-)

JAY-ROD

I'm just now reading the Mr P tramu! In all serious my freind. Just tell her how you feel. Open up everything you ever wanted to say to her. If you want more then go after it my freind. You would hate yourself later when asking if I only asked her. I would do some serious thinking on this. I know I have been my my g/f for over 5 years now. We went to High School together and I hated her guts. She drove me crazy!!! She had her group and I had mine. I knew she wanted to go out with me. But there was no way I was going to go out with her. She would stalk me all the time, call me, drive by my house, and even follow me home. But as time went on she helped me through some very difficult times then and still helping me out with them now. But some how I gave her that chance and opened up my heart to her and we fell in love. She is the best thing that has ever happened to me. We talk about everything and enjoy all the time we spend together. So i'm glad I took the chance on her and why she took and chance on me i'll never know. Take that chance Mr. P. Then you'll know and see tha u have finally found the missing piece in your life. I've found mine! :)

mightyduck

Originally posted by JAY-ROD
I'm just now reading the Mr P tramu! In all serious my freind. Just tell her how you feel. Open up everything you ever wanted to say to her. If you want more then go after it my freind. You would hate yourself later when asking if I only asked her. I would do some serious thinking on this. I know I have been my my g/f for over 5 years now. We went to High School together and I hated her guts. She drove me crazy!!! She had her group and I had mine. I knew she wanted to go out with me. But there was no way I was going to go out with her. She would stalk me all the time, call me, drive by my house, and even follow me home. But as time went on she helped me through some very difficult times then and still helping me out with them now. But some how I gave her that chance and opened up my heart to her and we fell in love. She is the best thing that has ever happened to me. We talk about everything and enjoy all the time we spend together. So i'm glad I took the chance on her and why she took and chance on me i'll never know. Take that chance Mr. P. Then you'll know and see tha u have finally found the missing piece in your life. I've found mine! :)

Jay-Rod, Mr Promey said she knows how he feels, so sometimes it's better to leave things as they are. Speaking as a woman with many close male friends, if a guy tells me how he feels and I tell him we're just friends, it would only make things awkward for him to continue. I'm a cynic, I'll give you that, but I'm just trying to give the other side here. If one of my male friends said he had deeper feelings for me, I would acknowledge it, but if I didn't feel the same way and told him that, it could ruin the friendship we had if he didn't let it go.

MrPromey, if you don't think she knows how you feel, then you should tell her. But if you've told her and you know she knows, I wouldn't pursue it. That's just me, though. If she doesn't feel the same way, that just means there's someone else out there for you. :)

Maria

Originally posted by MrPromey

OK, god forbid this should ever happen but lest say your significant other were to have a serious medical problem, something that would require immediate surgery such as a blood clot in the brain. You know that they are terrified that they may not come out of the operation alive. You are terrified as well that the most important person in your life may be leaving you. You know the procedure is anything but a sure bet… What is the last thing you say to them before they go for surgery? Do you tell them you love them and that you are so afraid you will never see them again?... Or do you tell them that you love them and that everything is going to be fine - that you'll see them again in several hours?.. Or, you are with that person - in your case, a guy - and another guy, very well built and stylishly dressed walks by and sort of turns your head. Now this is something completely innocent that just sort of happens but he doesn’t notice you. He turns to you and asks you "So what are you thinking about right now?" Do you tell him the truth?.. I'm not trying to say that a romantic relationship has to be based on lies. In this post I'm just more or less trying to point out situations when an average person could easily be more dishonest than their character would ever suggests they be…

Well... I wasn´t thinking of those tragic situations! God forbid they happen, and if they do, I would be encouraging for sure, and I expect my sig other to do the same please!
When another woman or man passed by and we innocently looked at him/her, we had our way to keep ourselves happy and not worried about that. I am very jealous, but we both understood. I had my way to be compensated for that later..... ;)
What I was thinking about when I posted it, was lies about what you like or dislike of a person, just letting things happen once and again for not having a discussion or hurt the other one. I think the key word is "communication". I learned it myself the hard way.....

Maria

MrPromey, if you don't think she knows how you feel, then you should tell her. But if you've told her and you know she knows, I wouldn't pursue it. That's just me, though. If she doesn't feel the same way, that just means there's someone else out there for you. :)

I agree on that....

mightyduck

Originally posted by Maria

I agree on that....

Thanks, Maria. I'm glad to know it's not just my cynicism. It's like the Evan and Jaron song where he says he's with her in the car and he wonders if she knows how he feels...Everytime I hear it, I think, "Duh, if you're friendly enough to be in a car together and doing all that stuff, of course she knows how you feel. She sees how you're looking at her. She's pretending not to notice so you'll leave it alone..."

MrPromey

Guys, guys, guys! Everything is cool on my end. I don't need to tell her anything she doesn’t already know or understand. Everything is fine between the two of us… Aside for her living so far away, I am happy with the way things are. I never meant my messages to be taken as a cry for support with an issue. I'm not sitting back here with a restless heart or anything. The honesty issue, I think got misunderstood a bit. I will probably have to elaborate on that a little later but for now, I just want you all to know that I'm not sitting here worrying over her. I don't think I clearly told any of you how I really feel which may be where the confusion started...

Maria

Pheew! Glad to hear that!
Guess you know now you don´t need to pay a shrink if you ever need one... lol ;) Sorry if we were being nosy... (or nosey?)

MrPromey

I appreciate the good intentions of everyone here. I didn’t mean to say that I thought any of you were being nosy. It was just funny how my simple little post, turned into this big therapy session… For the record, she knows exactly how I feel about her as a friend. That’s a big part of why I’m happy with things the way they are. I have no reason to ever commit “sins of omission” with her (as marciahahn) would say.:)

mightyduck

I appreciate the good intentions of everyone here. I didn’t mean to say that I thought any of you were being nosy. It was just funny how my simple little post, turned into this big therapy session… For the record, she knows exactly how I feel about her as a friend. That’s a big part of why I’m happy with things the way they are. I have no reason to ever commit “sins of omission” with her (as marciahahn) would say.:)

Sorry to pry, MrPromey. I'm sure you can handle your life without my butting in. She's lucky to have a friend as good as you.

DisneyFreak

Original Poster

Sorry to pry, MrPromey. I'm sure you can handle your life without my butting in. She's lucky to have a friend as good as you.

If she only knew what he was like on these boards it might be a different story. ;)

MrPromey

LOL! You may be right! ;)

How can you of all people say that? After all the heart ache and trauma you have caused me?... I don't know what to say... I think I'm going to go eat Chinese food tonight...

markymark

How can you of all people say that? After all the heart ache and trauma you have caused me?... I don't know what to say... I think I'm going to go eat Chinese food tonight...

Come on now!! You have tried to convince DF and I that we were losing it! But I am quite happy to forget all that, as long as I can have some of your chinese food!

:D

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom