Have you ever met anyone at Disney?

MrPromey

Originally posted by DisneyFreak

Come on MrP. Tell us the story. :)

Well, as you all know I am terribly disfigured and usually don't go out in public without a cloth over my face (sort of like Mr. Jackson). One day while trying to enjoy one of those pineapple soft serve treats in adventureland somebody bumped me and I got the stuff all over my cloth. Well... I'm sorry... I just can't do it. I was going to continue on with this little story until I realized how unfunny it really was. Are all of my posts as bad as this one? I'm pretty tired today. Maybe that's the problem... :(

MrPromey

MrP, you must be really bored and lonely there wherever it is you work.
;)

Do I hear the twilight zone music in the background here?!.. Oh, wait, I'm on track 13 of last years WDW official soundtrack... :) In any event, my workflow has been slow today although they just brought me something... I'll come back with a more serious answer to the original question later. I need to think on it a bit to make sure I say everything right. The chance encounter that I had, made a truly profound difference in my life...

MrPromey

Originally posted by markymark
Go on then......who?

Closest people....your next door neighbour?

I won't bore all of you with the specifics but it was a totally chance thing. I overheard a conversation between a few strangers about something totally silly and I just sort of butted in with something. (totally unlike me in person) The next thing I knew one of those people and I started talking directly and even after the others had all left we were just sitting there chatting away. She, like me, enjoyed going to WDW alone so as to have total freedom. Turned out we had a lot of things in common about what we liked there. As topics began to change we found that we had a lot in common in how we looked at life as well... Unfortunately she doesn't actually live down here so I've only gotten to see her a few times but we talk or email or make contact in some way several times a day, usually...
It's not very often in life that you run across someone who you feel totally comfortable with, someone whom your soul tells you you've actually known all your life. I know this all sounds silly but meeting this person, getting to know them and letting them really get to know me has helped change the way I see the world. The funny part is that I don't think she even realizes h0w much better my life is with her in it. It's really funny when you think about it - all the people in the world, all the people that come and go from WDW in a day - that I should happen to find this one special person. It's almost scarry how easily it might never have happened... :)

DisneyFreak

Original Poster
Damn man, if you feel that way about her you've got to tell her! How is she supposed to know the way you feel if you don't?

Follow your heart and reach deep down for the words. If this is as it sounds then you're only cheating yourself by NOT saying anything.

MrPromey

Damn man, if you feel that way about her you've got to tell her! How is she supposed to know the way you feel if you don't?

Follow your heart and reach deep down for the words. If this is as it sounds then you're only cheating yourself by NOT saying anything.

:) She knows how I feel about her, Freak. She is quite possibly my closest and dearest friend. I just wonder sometimes if she realizes how important she is to me. Sometimes she talks like I'm doing her a favor by keeping up with her and that just isn't the case at all. Most of the time I feel like she is doing me the favor...

DisneyFreak

Original Poster
Originally posted by MrPromey

:) She knows how I feel about her, Freak. She is quite possibly my closest and dearest friend. I just wonder sometimes if she realizes how important she is to me. Sometimes she talks like I'm doing her a favor by keeping up with her and that just isn't the case at all. Most of the time I feel like she is doing me the favor...

Well, have you attempted to take the next step? Could there be more there than just a friendship?

(BTW, if I'm getting too personel here just let me know)

It looks to me that you could both want more out of this relationship.

MrPromey

Well, have you attempted to take the next step? Could there be more there than just a friendship?

(BTW, if I'm getting too personel here just let me know)

It looks to me that you could both want more out of this relationship.

LoL, no you are fine, Freak. Aside for the really big problem of distance, anything on a more romantic level would destroy what we have. This is sort of hard to explain. There is a sort of closeness that we all have with our closest of friends that we could never have with the significant other in our lives. You loose a degree of honesty with these people because you can never tell them exactly what you are thinking of feeling without the serous risk of hurting them... In any event, when you choose that path for a relationship with someone, you are pretty much putting an end to the possibility of anything other than that. :) Wow, are we off topic now or what? ;) If you would like to discuss this any further I think we would be better suited in Chit-Cat or PMs...

DisneyFreak

Original Poster

LoL, no you are fine, Freak. Aside for the really big problem of distance, anything on a more romantic level would destroy what we have. This is sort of hard to explain. There is a sort of closeness that we all have with our closest of friends that we could never have with the significant other in our lives. You loose a degree of honesty with these people because you can never tell them exactly what you are thinking of feeling without the serous risk of hurting them... In any event, when you choose that path for a relationship with someone, you are pretty much putting an end to the possibility of anything other than that. :) Wow, are we off topic now or what? ;) If you would like to discuss this any further I think we would be better suited in Chit-Cat or PMs...

I see where you are coming from. The only part I disagree with (but understand) is the losing a degree of honesty. If you can't tell your significant other anything and/or everything then I think there shouldn't be a relationship to begin with.

Anyway, I'd like to thank everyone for joining us today and hope your relationships are healthy and happy ones. For MrPromey, I'm DisneyFreak and thanks for listening to Deep Thoughts with DF and MrP. ;)

MrPromey

I see where you are coming from. The only part I disagree with (but understand) is the losing a degree of honesty. If you can't tell your significant other anything and/or everything then I think there shouldn't be a relationship to begin with.

Anyway, I'd like to thank everyone for joining us today and hope your relationships are healthy and happy ones. For MrPromey, I'm DisneyFreak and thanks for listening to Deep Thoughts with DF and MrP. ;)

Pst... Freak, you forgot to leave a hook to get them to keep reading later!..

Please tune in tomorrow to see my rebuttal to DF's opinion on honesty in the chit-chat area. It will be titled "100% Honesty - Fact Or Fiction?"

DisneyFreak

Original Poster

Pst... Freak, you forgot to leave a hook to get them to keep reading later!..

Please tune in tomorrow to see my rebuttal to DF's opinion on honesty in the chit-chat area. It will be titled "100% Honesty - Fact Or Fiction?"

Hey, you're right. I'm even intrigued! ;)

And now, back to your regularly scheduled thread. :)

DisneyFreak

Original Poster
I just ran across some letters from another girl I had met at Wet N' Wild (the waterpark) back in 1987. I kept in contact with her for about a year and a half and would like to locate her again. She lived in Merritt Island and I believe she is now married and her married name is Neace. Anyone have any suggestions?

MrPromey

I just ran across some letters from another girl I had met at Wet N' Wild (the waterpark) back in 1987. I kept in contact with her for about a year and a half and would like to locate her again. She lived in Merritt Island and I believe she is now married and her married name is Neace. Anyone have any suggestions?

How important is it to you that you find her? How much effort are you willing to put into it?

DisneyFreak

Original Poster

How important is it to you that you find her? How much effort are you willing to put into it?

Just a casual effort. I have checked the internet white pages and found nothing (well, I found something but it was way too many names to go through). I found her on classmates.com under her high school and that's how I found out her married name. But since I'm not a "paying" member, I can't contact her through that site. Why, you have an idea MrP?

mightyduck

Just a casual effort. I have checked the internet white pages and found nothing (well, I found something but it was way too many names to go through). I found her on classmates.com under her high school and that's how I found out her married name. But since I'm not a "paying" member, I can't contact her through that site. Why, you have an idea MrP?

DisneyFreak, I have some ideas on how this works....Being a reporter, I have lots of tricks on finding people, but it takes time and effort. The stuff I can find is actually kind of frightening....

Maria

I agree with DF about the honesty thing, Mr.Promey.... if the person is that important and you connect that well, things could be told as they are! No secrets, no "ways to say it".

I am very honest and just say things as they are and come to my mind. I expect my "significant other" to understand the meaning of what I say just by looking at me and the tone of my voice, as I try to do with him. I found someone like that and we really connected (most of the times) just by looking at each other´s eyes... it is amazing how many things you can say without saying a word! My fondest memories and deepest feelings are with him. Distance is certainly the worst enemy though...
Ah! and I met him at Disney!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom