Haunted Mansion: Stationary Madame Leota

Lee

Adventurer
The interesting part of this will be to see how long it takes them to fix the effect.
That it broke down is not really a big deal. But, if it stays down for a week....:brick:

jjharvpro

Haunted Mansion being my favorite ride, I definitely clicked on this forum! Madame Leota's issue isn't a worry; it'll get fixed for sure. Like some said, I'm just glad that it's there and working (well, for the most part:)). After the 2007 and 2011 refurbs/enhancements/etc., this is probably the most up-kept attraction in WDW, and being my favorite attraction, that is fantastic! :)
Again, back on point, I'm not worried about these minor issues, because they will get fixed.

Here's a bigger question -- when Disney held that pre-MNSSHP event last autumn and WDI gave tours of the new interactive queue and stuff, Jason Surrell said that the HM enhancements weren't over; there are more coming. So, what are these future enhancements? When will they be implemented? Hatbox Ghost? More? Details? Anyone?? :)

wdwmagic

Administrator
Premium Member
Here's a bigger question -- when Disney held that pre-MNSSHP event last autumn and WDI gave tours of the new interactive queue and stuff, Jason Surrell said that the HM enhancements weren't over; there are more coming. So, what are these future enhancements? When will they be implemented? Hatbox Ghost? More? Details? Anyone?? :)

My guess on that was that they were referring to integration of the queue and ride with the NextGen project -- personalization of the experience.

MerlinTheGoat

I did remember Lee mentioning something about Hatbox Ghost a while back. He even said they were working on some models of him or something. Nothing came of it yet, i dunno if it was ever approved. Or whether it's still possible.

UnrealFire

I did remember Lee mentioning something about Hatbox Ghost a while back. He even said they were working on some models of him or something. Nothing came of it yet, i dunno if it was ever approved. Or whether it's still possible.

The plot of the new movie revolves around the Hatbox Ghost so it would make sense to put the Hatbox Ghost into the ride to coincide with the movie.

palmickey420

There's definitely some confusion here about the graveyard pop-ups. Actually, they haven't had *any* accompanying audio since the early 70's. When the attraction first opened (both the Disneyland and WDW versions) there was indeed a series of screams, cackles, etc. heard from them (like you could hear on the LP record "The Story and Song of The Haunted Mansion), but they wound up being removed from both HMs very early on. (For that matter the bicycle-riding wraiths used to emit these occasional high-pitched shrieks until that was removed as well.) I can personally attest that during my first trip in April of 1973 to WDW that I heard them then and even managed to make an audio recording with my portable tape recorder (unfortunately now long lost) - however on my next trip in 1976 said audio was now gone. I've since visited WDW from the 80's through 2008 and never once heard anything emanating from them since...

i can definitely tell u without a shred of doubt that the pop-up heads in the attic and graveyard screamed and cackled till the last major refurb. cuz i was born in '93 and i always covered my ears and closed my eyes at that part because they scared the crap out of me

scottnj1966

Leota worked fine on April 6th.
Shadow of ghost playing has always been there.

The title pretty much sums it up. Last week at the Magic Kingdom. Madame Leota, in the seance room was stationery and no longer floating above the table. How long has the effect been not working? Is this an intermittent issue (operational: fixed every few days)? Also, the hidden mickey (unofficial as I now understand) was not in the ballroom.

A few other notes. (1) Never seen this: In the corridor with the piano (playing mysteriously), if you look at the ground, there is a shadow of the ghost playing the piano. (2) The pop up ghosts in the graveyard no longer scream. (3) The stretching room has wear and tear on the doorway which opens to the load/unload (I imagine this is from guest touching/brushing with the doorframe. (4) All effects worked well in the graveyard queue. I was with family next to Leota's headstone. I said "Leota -- AWAKE", to which she opened here eyes. I guess I have good timing. It was hilarious.

Thats all on the mansion.

i can definitely tell u without a shred of doubt that the pop-up heads in the attic and graveyard screamed and cackled till the last major refurb. cuz i was born in '93 and i always covered my ears and closed my eyes at that part because they scared the crap out of me

Pal is right. I was born in '97 and did the same thing every time I went on.
Always annoyed me to death.

Just gotta say - I never said anything about the attic pop-ups, just the graveyard ones. And I visited WDW yearly throughout the 90's until 2004 and videotaped the HM without fail. No pop-up screams in graveyard on said videos. I really think it's a case of memory playing tricks here...

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom