Has anyone heard anymore about an opening date for Disaster?

kcnole

Original Poster
Is it true that they've used a Pepper's Ghost effect to make it look like Christopher Walkin is actually walking around in the preshow room?

From what I've heard on IOACentral its really good, at least as good as EQ can be. I so can't wait to ride it once its completely finished.

coasterphil

I was at the park this afternoon, no signs of life behind the wall while I was there but plenty of painting going on over at the Simpsons. I'll be very interested to see how these two rides end up.

JROK

Is it true that they've used a Pepper's Ghost effect to make it look like Christopher Walkin is actually walking around in the preshow room?

From what I've heard on IOACentral its really good, at least as good as EQ can be. I so can't wait to ride it once its completely finished.

Yes, and it's accomplished very well as he seemlessly interacts with the set. It looks great!

kcnole

Original Poster
the current proposed opening that I've read somewhere is April, but I think thats probably a bit optimistic.

JROK

the current proposed opening that I've read somewhere is April, but I think thats probably a bit optimistic.

I would expect it in May like they did Mummy. That way, they'll get you to come back for Mardi Gras from Feb-April, then they'll get you to come back again once they open Simpsons in May, then again for Halloween, and again for Macy's/Grinchmas. They got the whole year figured out!:lol:

kap91

Is it really Pepper's Ghost their using or are they just projecting on a scrim somewhat like the Nemo at Epcot technology? I am very interested in this because for once it seems like Universal has actually achieved an effect at the quality of Disney. However they achieve the effect it is extremely well done. It really looks like he is standing there.

Is it really Pepper's Ghost their using or are they just projecting on a scrim somewhat like the Nemo at Epcot technology? I am very interested in this because for once it seems like Universal has actually achieved an effect at the quality of Disney. However they achieve the effect it is extremely well done. It really looks like he is standing there.

It's Pepper's Ghost. The image is being projected down below the stage, and there is an angled pane of glass that catches the reflection.

sknydave

Things will get better in a couple of years.. They will have some more amazing attractions then take a dive 4-5 years later.

kcnole

Original Poster
Disaster is what used to be Earthquake. The preshows were completely re-done and some minor changes have been made on the ride portion. It actually seems very good now.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom