Has anyone heard anymore about an opening date for Disaster?

kcnole

Original Poster
The website still says the 15th. If that's the case it should be almost complete since that's just a few days away. I'm really hoping that date holds as I'm going to be there on the 17th. Has anyone who is connected there heard anything more definitive?

kcnole

Original Poster
I've been told on IOACentral that employee previews are scheduled for Dec. 17th. That's depressing. Oh well, maybe I'll just have to drive back up quickly just to see it once it does open.

kcnole

Original Poster
yeah, I've seen whats on the website, but if they're anything like Disney we know their website is helplessly out of date. As others have said, it seems employee previews are the 17th, so it won't open till at least after that. I was really hoping to check this out, it was one of the main reasons I scheduled a trip on the 17th. Oh well. I hope someone puts up a good video for it.

sknydave

They did some testing at Disaster today. I saw them take a test group of visitors in. I missed being in the group by just a minute or two :(

JROK

It seems as if Disaster is becoming a disaster in its own. The attraction is still working the bugs out and is pushing for the Dec. 24th opening. Team Member previews have been cancelled twice already and are scheduled for tomorrow the 19th. Hopefully all goes well.

kcnole

Original Poster
I hung out by the area a bit yesterday hoping we'd get pulled in luckily for some testing, but of course it didn't happen. Can one of you who live a bit closer than I do hop by and get some video of it once it does open?

It seems as if Disaster is becoming a disaster in its own. The attraction is still working the bugs out and is pushing for the Dec. 24th opening. Team Member previews have been cancelled twice already and are scheduled for tomorrow the 19th. Hopefully all goes well.

I really hope the preview actually happens tomorrow night, I'm getting kind of sick of planning my evening around it only to have it not happen...

coasterphil

Any news of whether the Team Member preview actually happened and when the attraction will open? I'm making my last trip of the year to Universal tomorrow and am hoping I might get a chance at a soft opening.

darthjohnny

Screamscape reports that the employee preview did not happen as scheduled because of some last minute problems. They are going to try again tonight.

Screamscape reports that the employee preview did not happen as scheduled because of some last minute problems. They are going to try again tonight.

Team Member previews happened tonight, after being canceled twice. Disaster is cool! Excellent retooling of the story. Possibly one of my favorite attractions now! It definitely isn't finished, though. They still have a few kinks to work out before opening it to the public.

Any news of whether the Team Member preview actually happened and when the attraction will open? I'm making my last trip of the year to Universal tomorrow and am hoping I might get a chance at a soft opening.

I wouldn't hold my breath for a soft opening tomorrow, it really isn't guest ready quite yet.

JROK

The rethemeing of Earthquake is excellent and really fits into the theme park. I really enjoy the new technology being utilized and the cameos. I saw it twice tonight and the first time I had a female host who was excellent but the next time I had a male who made it work, but wasn't quite up to par with the female. I think the writing in the show is really quite good as well and I can't wait to see it once it's more than 70% complete. I'm still not sure if it'll be open by the 24th though.

JROK

So is it basically just a new pre-show?

Sort of, but they also changed a portion of the subway scene that is important to the preshow. There's a reason it says, "starring you!" in the title of the attraction. It's worth checking out. It's definitely a step forward, not backwards.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom