Has an Adventureland height balloon test happened?

JoeCamel

Might be this

vb.jpeg

GoofGoof

Premium Member
Obviously old
View attachment 195496
Interestingly, a couple years back, a new E ticket was planned for that spot behind Big Thunder. Now Tomorrowland is far more likely.
Tomorrowland in the expansion pad or replacing something else? Is there any active rumor about the Adventureland pad being used?
I think it would have to be. The queue would have to go underground to get there. Not impossible.
Is there enough space between Pirates and JC for a walkway to get to that spot?

ToTBellHop

Tomorrowland in the expansion pad or replacing something else? Is there any active rumor about the Adventureland pad being used?

There are multiple proposals for Tomorrowland. We will see what sticks, if anything.

I'm not sure what this is for in Adventureland. Sometimes nothing comes of height balloon tests. There is still a push to add an E-ticket for the 50th. Perhaps this is option 4.

Depends on your walkway. Enclosed would work best. Like Indy in DL.

GoofGoof

Premium Member
There are multiple proposals for Tomorrowland. We will see what sticks, if anything.

I'm not sure what this is for in Adventureland. Sometimes nothing comes of height balloon tests. There is still a push to add an E-ticket for the 50th. Perhaps this is option 4.
Is one of the rumors replacing the Speedway? That's a lot of space to be used.

SteamboatJoe

I am only going off of what I see on Google Earth but it looks like there is a path that leads backstage in that area already so, yes, I would say so. The attraction entrance would go on the side where the exiting developed park is and then I imagine would slope down underneath the tracks and road with the actual ride building being located on the other side, out of view or hidden by some sort of structure (like an old King Louie style temple).

GoofGoof

Premium Member
I don't think the Speedway will be replaced by anything that is not itself a kids-get-to-drive-a-car experience.

I should point out that land north of Space Mountain is also now an expansion pad.
Even better. That's even more space than the Speedway. I know it's all just rumors now, but it's fun to speculate.

ToTBellHop

Even better. That's even more space than the Speedway. I know it's all just rumors now, but it's fun to speculate.
Indeed it is. If I were a betting man, at least one of those expansion pads will be utilized by 2021. I think it is still more likely than not that we get an expansion. Some ideas are better than others. I hope they choose wisely. I didn't care for the Frontierland option. But it has fallen from popularity.

SteamboatJoe

I don't think the Speedway will be replaced by anything that is not itself a kids-get-to-drive-a-car experience.

I should point out that land north of Space Mountain is also now an expansion pad.

That's a pretty decent chunk of land over there. I've noticed that plot when I've been reviewing the aerial imagery. Doesn't seem like it would be a lot of work to deal with the water there in another matter or even somehow incorporate it into the development.

ToTBellHop

That's a pretty decent chunk of land over there. I've noticed that plot when I've been reviewing the aerial imagery. Doesn't seem like it would be a lot of work to deal with the water there in another matter or even somehow incorporate it into the development.
No, but it is a bit remote. You'd have to really reorganize that back corner of the park. Most people don't realize there is a path from behind the old arcade to Storybook Circus. Unless you're a smoker.

SteamboatJoe

No, but it is a bit remote. You'd have to really reorganize that back corner of the park. Most people don't realize there is a path from behind the old arcade to Storybook Circus. Unless you're a smoker.

Its funny you mention that path. I remember actually walking it with my mom when I was kid and how few people there were on it even back then. I had completely forgotten about it until a couple of years ago when I was on the train as it pulled out of Fantasyland and noticed it was still there. I just assumed it had been removed at some point because of how remote it was.

GoofGoof

Premium Member
Not a smoker, but I've used the path a few times back before FLE. I'm glad it survived. It's a peaceful, quiet spot and shorter than going around past the Speedway.

Creathir

Depends on your walkway. Enclosed would work best. Like Indy in DL.
Maybe a gondola?

Would offer some really neat views down into jungle cruise, though the Pirates building would need some themeing on the roof.

yensidtlaw1969

Obviously old
View attachment 195496
Interestingly, a couple years back, a new E ticket was planned for that spot behind Big Thunder. Now Tomorrowland is far more likely.
Not to look a gift horse in the mouth . . . but in what world does throwing another E Ticket between Splash and Thunder help crowding at MK? THC for that potential attraction must be unreal for this to make any logistical sense

(All that said, I'd probably gladly take the E anyway!)

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom