Has an Adventureland height balloon test happened?

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
So, rumors from Jim Hill world keep mentioning that an Adventureland balloon-height test took place.

But, when we asked around here, no one said that it actually did, as far as they know.

So, does Jim Hill have actual testimony from someone that says they saw the balloons in Adventureland?

PizzaPlanet

So, rumors from Jim Hill world keep mentioning that an Adventureland balloon-height test took place.

But, when we asked around here, no one said that it actually did, as far as they know.

So, does Jim Hill have actual testimony from someone that says they saw the balloons in Adventureland?
No, it was @lentesta who heard from someone that height balloon tests were going to occur.

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
No, it was @lentesta who heard from someone that height balloon tests were going to occur.

And yet....

April 18, 2017: On a premium episode of the Unofficial Guide's Disney Dish Podcast with Jim Hill, Jim and Len discuss the height balloon test that was recently conducted in Adventureland. From here.

To add to this, there has been chatter on various Disney World message boards in recent months regarding the project. Most of this chatter began when height balloons were spotted behind the Jungle Cruise area in Adventureland in mid-March. From here

So... @lentesta asked if anyone here heard or saw it. No one did. Jim Hill then says a height balloon test did occur.

So... Does Jim Hill have actual eyewitness to this test, or, was it speculation which somehow turned into the belief it happened?

Delgado

On December 30th... get to MK around 5PM, see the packed, but not as bad as he next day, New Years fireworks, ride Splash a half dozen times never having to exit in 40 degree weather (yes it was 42 degrees last year), and stay until 3am for extra Magic hours and you can do everything walk on (or less than 15 mins) at the busiest time of the year.

My point I'm getting to is I'm never planning to go Christmas week again as holy crap it was unimaginable (Epcot had 55 minutes for Figment & Nemo while Mexico was at 30 with the queue using the overflow), but more importantly when ever you go -- go smart.

Don't just focus on the rides... enjoy the park. Look at the details on the signs between Fantasyland & Liberty Square. It's difficult to do that obviously for the busiest weeks, but if you can go anytime other than Christmas, Spring Break, July 4th, and Easter, it's far more satisfying to walk around obviously. But no matter when you go, if you use Fastpasses properly, are willing to get a little wet on Splash at night (as an example), and are willing to not do every single ride it's still a great experience and just enjoy time together, whether it being a teen group, family, or just a couple.
This made me smile so big!!! We did this!!! This was your trip after Christmas, December 28-January 7. It was insanely crowded at times but the best trip ever. The beauty and wonder we saw paying attention to detail walking around during busy times was incredible! Fireworks were amazing. And yes mk extra magic hours between midnight and 3a were awesome, even with my two young children!!!

Daveeeeed

This made me smile so big!!! We did this!!! This was your trip after Christmas, December 28-January 7. It was insanely crowded at times but the best trip ever. The beauty and wonder we saw paying attention to detail walking around during busy times was incredible! Fireworks were amazing. And yes mk extra magic hours between midnight and 3a were awesome, even with my two young children!!!
That made my (internet:D) day! We were there for that time, and it was so much fun. Cool to hear from other people who did too.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom